Windows 10: Windows button + D shortcut exclusion

Discus and support Windows button + D shortcut exclusion in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I have been using windows 10 since a little after it came out, and I am and always have been fond of the Windows + D shortcut. For those who... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sirrussel, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Sirrussel Win User

Windows button + D shortcut exclusion

Hello.
    I have been using windows 10 since a little after it came out, and I am and always have been fond of the Windows + D shortcut. For those who don't know, this shows the desktop and minimizes all programs. I would like to know if it is possible to exclude programs from being minimized when I use this shortcut. For example, say I have sticky notes open behind my current windows. To view it quickly, I press Windows + D, showing the desktop with sticky notes on it. Normally, sticky notes would get minimized along with all the other applications I'm running.

If this is possible and you know how to do it, please tell me how. I do not mind downloading 3rd party programs, and I do need to be able to repeat the process needed to achieve this process for multiple different programs.

Thanks *Smile

:)

Sirrussel, Feb 10, 2016
  2. Baneya Win User

shortcut "windows button + d" doesn't work anymore

Original Title: Mr

why is my desktop is no more showing? like the shortcut "windows button + d" doesn't work anymore... i can only see the desktop icon in explorer.exe.

Thanks for helping.

Baneya, Feb 10, 2016
  3. shortcut "windows button + d" doesn't work anymore

Hi Baneya,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand how frustrating it could be when things go unusual.

I will certainly help you

The issue you are facing might be caused due to system file corruption.

I suggest you to run SFC scan and see if it brings any difference.

The sfc /scannow (System File Checker) command scans all protected system files, and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

Use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further

Abdul_Malik, Feb 10, 2016
  4. mrgeek Win User

Why not just use Task View in the taskbar to show all open windows ?

Windows button + D shortcut exclusion [​IMG]

mrgeek, Feb 10, 2016
  5. Sirrussel Win User
    Unfortunately that wouldn't work for me, as I don't only use the Windows + D shortcut to view sticky notes, I use it to get programs out of the way, often. Therefore I would like it if doing that would not minimize sticky notes, or other selected programs, so that I don't have to unminimize them again.

Sirrussel, Feb 10, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Nothing I've ever heard of. Seems to me that would be an all or nothing toggle. Interesting idea though.

Ztruker, Feb 11, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    Hover your mouse on the thumbnail to get a quick peek.

Windows button + D shortcut exclusion [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 11, 2016
  8. Sirrussel Win User

@Edwin
    As in my first comment, I said that would not work for me, and I clearly explained why. If you read what I wrote, you will see why it will not work for me

Sirrussel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows button + D shortcut exclusion - Similar Threads - button shortcut exclusion

2. Ctrl D shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl D shortcut not working: Hello!Like a week ago Ctrl+D combination suddenly stopped working on my laptop Windows, Xiaomi RedmiBook pro 14s in my Google Sheets, then I noticed that the shortcut doesn't work either in Google Sheets, Miro, Google Meet, or Figma. Other shortcuts like Ctrl+A, Ctrl+; etc....
  3. Ctrl D shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl D shortcut not working: Hello!Like a week ago Ctrl+D combination suddenly stopped working on my laptop Windows, Xiaomi RedmiBook pro 14s in my Google Sheets, then I noticed that the shortcut doesn't work either in Google Sheets, Miro, Google Meet, or Figma. Other shortcuts like Ctrl+A, Ctrl+; etc....
  4. Windows-Ctrl-d shortcut

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows-Ctrl-d shortcut: I saw a few questions on the Windows-Ctrl-d shortcut, with nonsatisfying answers. This shortcut creates a "virtual desktop." You get another instantiation of your desktop, but all your open programs and their taskbar icons have disappeared! And you can't get back to them with...
  5. Windows-Ctrl-d shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows-Ctrl-d shortcut: I saw a few questions on the Windows-Ctrl-d shortcut, with nonsatisfying answers. This shortcut creates a "virtual desktop." You get another instantiation of your desktop, but all your open programs and their taskbar icons have disappeared! And you can't get back to them with...
  6. Windows-Ctrl-d shortcut

7. Windows Button not working for certain shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Button not working for certain shortcuts: I have a problem with my windows button. I usually use the windows button with the right or left arrow to split my screen but it does not work anymore and so does my the screenshot function Windows Button +print screen. So I thought that my Windows button was totally gone....
  8. Windows Button not working for certain shortcuts

Windows Button not working for certain shortcuts: I have a problem with my windows button. I usually use the windows button with the right or left arrow to split my screen but it does not work anymore and so does my the screenshot function Windows Button +print screen. So I thought that my Windows button was totally gone....
  9. Is there any shortcut for this button?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any shortcut for this button?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Luwepa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hdts4v/is_there_any_shortcut_for_this_button/
  10. Windows button becoming sticky - shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows button becoming sticky - shortcut: Hello guys. I am writing to you because I am highly annoyed by this stupid windows 10 feature, which whenever I press a certain combination of keys on my keyboard it turns my windows button to sticky and I can not type or do anything at all. My only option is signing out...