Windows 10: Windows C: drive bug (?)

Discus and support Windows C: drive bug (?) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello My problem: My space (C drive) is sometimes full and sometimes half full! Why? I didnt install anything... When the workspace is half... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoergenK, Dec 24, 2017.

1. JoergenK Win User

Windows C: drive bug (?)

Hello

My problem:

My space (C drive) is sometimes full and sometimes half full! Why?
    I didnt install anything...
    When the workspace is half full, and I restart the PC, it looks like this:
    Windows C: drive bug (?) [​IMG]

And sometimes it looks like this:
    Windows C: drive bug (?) [​IMG]

Im sry for my bad English *Smile

:)

JoergenK, Dec 24, 2017
  2. wsbones Win User

Windows 10 indexing problem

I have two identical SSD's installed in my Toshiba A75 portable. I clone C to E weekly. I have Windows 10 indexing set to index on selected C drive folders. The search box always returns results on E drive rather than C. I have no folders selected for
    indexing on E. This causes a lot of problems and I can't seem to get C drive to index correctly without physically removing the E drive. I have now disabled the indexing entirely. Does anyone have a solution for this. It seems to be a bug with having 2
    identical drives installed.

Thanks.

wsbones, Dec 24, 2017
  3. RickCamp Win User
    All my files are read only after windows 10 install.

Same here I right clicked on C drive and found the permissions was read only and changed it and so far the individual documents also have to be changed.

Also noticed C drive says: window8_OS (CWindows C: drive bug (?) :)

Microsoft obviously has a flaw with this upgrade and should quit releasing products before they have the bugs worked out

RickCamp, Dec 24, 2017
  4. Helmut Win User

That is not surprising at all.
    If your Windows 10 has a version update then around 20-25 GB is used for maybe 2 weeks until the old Windows 10 version files are deleted.
    You made the (C Partition) rather too small, I would have used at least 200 GB.

Helmut, Dec 24, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows C: drive bug (?) - Similar Threads - drive bug

2. Bug when trying to access C:\Users\<user-name>\Desktop when in C:\ Drive. Acts different...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug when trying to access C:\Users\<user-name>\Desktop when in C:\ Drive. Acts different...: When I open Paint and then save the image on C:\Users\harry\Desktop and then when i open paint again and click C:\ drive shortcut on the left panel of the "open image" window, and then paste the link C:\Users\harry\Desktop in address bar, it redirects me to...
  3. Computer Bugging out, possibly due to corrupted drives.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Bugging out, possibly due to corrupted drives.: Hello all, I noticed my computer acting strange earlier this week. I entered a Zoom call and my audio wouldn't be detected. Whilst trying to troubleshoot, I realized I was unable to access some Windows apps, notably the Settings app on my computer. So, I tried to restart the...
  4. Computer Bugging out, possibly due to corrupted drives.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Bugging out, possibly due to corrupted drives.: Hello all, I noticed my computer acting strange earlier this week. I entered a Zoom call and my audio wouldn't be detected. Whilst trying to troubleshoot, I realized I was unable to access some Windows apps, notably the Settings app on my computer. So, I tried to restart the...
  5. Bug with SlideShow/Diashow in MS Picture Viewer open pictures from mapped network drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug with SlideShow/Diashow in MS Picture Viewer open pictures from mapped network drive: I have 2 Windows 11 PCs. Buth PCs have the same issue.And a Synology Nas with a Share at: \\nas-4b.local\home\Photos\Camera-Uploads\DCIM\CameraIn my example I map the Drive as Z:BUG:When I open a Picture on my mapped Z: drive, the "SlideShow/Diashow" is NOT working. I cannot...
  6. Bug with SlideShow/Diashow in MS Picture Viewer open pictures from mapped network drive

Bug with SlideShow/Diashow in MS Picture Viewer open pictures from mapped network drive: I have 2 Windows 11 PCs. Buth PCs have the same issue.And a Synology Nas with a Share at: \\nas-4b.local\home\Photos\Camera-Uploads\DCIM\CameraIn my example I map the Drive as Z:BUG:When I open a Picture on my mapped Z: drive, the "SlideShow/Diashow" is NOT working. I cannot...
  7. Why am I seeing this in Defragment and Optimize Drives - BUG?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I seeing this in Defragment and Optimize Drives - BUG?: Hello.See the screenshot below. I just want to see *my drives* not sub-partitions or the like.Something is just not right here. Happens on all Windows 11 installations. Why?This problem has been around for quite awhile. When will it be fixed or is there a workaround?Many...
  8. Why am I seeing this in Defragment and Optimize Drives - BUG?

Why am I seeing this in Defragment and Optimize Drives - BUG?: Hello.See the screenshot below. I just want to see *my drives* not sub-partitions or the like.Something is just not right here. Happens on all Windows 11 installations. Why?This problem has been arorund for quite awhile. When will it be fixed or is there a workaround?Many...
  9. Kingston DataTraveller / Windows 11 lost drive letter bug... still no fix???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kingston DataTraveller / Windows 11 lost drive letter bug... still no fix???: Hello all,I too am facing the Kingston DataTraveller / Windows 11 bug. I've scoured the internet, tried all the solutions. I tried the "idiot" solutions like, repartition the drive, reformat the drive, run chkdsk, and all the other pointless solutions. I tried more proper...
  10. Kingston DataTraveller / Windows 11 lost drive letter bug... still no fix???

Kingston DataTraveller / Windows 11 lost drive letter bug... still no fix???: Hello all,I too am facing the Kingston DataTraveller / Windows 11 bug. I've scoured the internet, tried all the solutions. I tried the "idiot" solutions like, repartition the drive, reformat the drive, run chkdsk, and all the other pointless solutions. I tried more proper...