Windows 10: Windows Calculator invalid input with 10^x function

Discus and support Windows Calculator invalid input with 10^x function in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is definitely a glitch with the calculator that never used to happen until the update. I get "Invalid input" whenever I try the 10^x function with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by allam447635, Jun 1, 2018.

1. allam447635 Win User

Windows Calculator invalid input with 10^x function

This is definitely a glitch with the calculator that never used to happen until the update. I get "Invalid input" whenever I try the 10^x function with a decimal input with at least 5 decimal places. I have verified that a value with 4 decimal places works. Before it would work regardless of the number of digits after the point.

:)

allam447635, Jun 1, 2018
  2. allam447635 Win User

This is definitely a glitch with the calculator that never used to happen until the update. I get "Invalid input" whenever I try the 10^x function with a decimal input with at least 5 decimal places. I have verified that a value with 4 decimal places works. Before it would work regardless of the number of digits after the point.

allam447635, Jun 25, 2018
  3. cereberus Win User

Do you really think it is going to make much difference to the final answer?

Even the algorithms used are probably only accurate to so many significant figures.

cereberus, Jun 25, 2018
  4. allam447635 Win User

I also noticed that 10000 (the first number that is too big for the 10^x function) has 5 digits. It's almost as if the calculator is ignoring the decimal point in checking if the value is valid (and treats, for instance, 0.43407 the same as 43,407), and merely checking the number of significant digits.

allam447635, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Calculator invalid input with 10^x function - Similar Threads - Calculator invalid input

2. Calculation error of windows 10 calculator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Calculation error of windows 10 calculator: Today I found a log calculation error with windows 10 calculator app, I posted here two different results from my mobile app and windows 10 app. Kindly I need your support on it. Thanks! [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  3. Window 10 Calculator

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Window 10 Calculator: In my computer (Window 10 - ASUS TUF GAMING FX504 SERIES), when I press "C" button it will pop up the Calculator and ASUS Splendid Technology. Also when I press "C" it will always press q by its own. How can I fix this?...
  4. Windows 10 Calculator Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Calculator Problem: Hi I am performing a calculation in Windows 10 calculator as 72000 - (500 * 24) The answer to the calculation in the Calculator application is 12000 instead of 60000. [ATTACH] Version of my windows is 17134.65 in which the bug as discussed in this link has been...
  5. Windows 10 calculator bug: 10^x

Windows 10 calculator bug: 10^x: My Win 10 caclulator has just started misbehaving - it can't have been happening for long as I'm sure I would have noticed quite quickly, but the latest windows update seems to have been on the 10th of July - three weeks ago. Apparently it's not just my computer. In...
  6. Windows 10 Calculator issue = and %

Windows 10 Calculator issue = and %: Why does the windows 10 calculator does not works the same as my mobile calculator or calculator app in mobile. The issue, I keep on facing on my windows 10 calculator in Standard format. 1. Whenever i press a number and then use "+" ," - ", "* ", "% ", or "/ " and add...
  7. Windows Calculator

Windows Calculator: Is there a way to keep the Calculator in Win 10 on top when switching between programs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/windows-calculator/44de8115-eba2-489b-b70f-d35ee4de0b3f
  8. Windows Calculator invalid 10^x function

Windows Calculator invalid 10^x function: This is definitely a glitch with the calculator that never used to happen until the update. I get "Invalid input" whenever I try the 10^x function with a decimal input with at least 5 decimal places. I have verified that a value with 4 decimal places works. Before it would...
  9. Windows calculator does not accept it's own copied text as input

Windows calculator does not accept it's own copied text as input: I often copy+paste number into notepad as temporary storage while using calculator, but it doesn't seem to work well in W10 calculator. For instance, I got the number 8.1760941055209529296365797509343e-6 as a result of some calculations. Attempting to paste that back in...
  10. Invalid MS-DOS Function

in Windows 10 Support
    Invalid MS-DOS Function: Hello, Could somebody please help, I have various files throughout my hard drive which error "Invalid MS-DOS Function" if I try and move or delete them however they "work" normally if I try and use them. I ran a check disk which returned no errors. I am feeling this...