Windows Calculator invalid input with 10^x function

Discus and support Windows Calculator invalid input with 10^x function in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is definitely a glitch with the calculator that never used to happen until the update. I get "Invalid input" whenever I try the 10^x function with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by allam447635, Jun 1, 2018.

1. allam447635 Win User

This is definitely a glitch with the calculator that never used to happen until the update. I get "Invalid input" whenever I try the 10^x function with a decimal input with at least 5 decimal places. I have verified that a value with 4 decimal places works. Before it would work regardless of the number of digits after the point.

:)

allam447635, Jun 1, 2018
  2. allam447635 Win User

This is definitely a glitch with the calculator that never used to happen until the update. I get "Invalid input" whenever I try the 10^x function with a decimal input with at least 5 decimal places. I have verified that a value with 4 decimal places works. Before it would work regardless of the number of digits after the point.

allam447635, Jun 25, 2018
  3. cereberus Win User

Do you really think it is going to make much difference to the final answer?

Even the algorithms used are probably only accurate to so many significant figures.

cereberus, Jun 25, 2018
  4. allam447635 Win User

I also noticed that 10000 (the first number that is too big for the 10^x function) has 5 digits. It's almost as if the calculator is ignoring the decimal point in checking if the value is valid (and treats, for instance, 0.43407 the same as 43,407), and merely checking the number of significant digits.

allam447635, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Calculator invalid input with 10^x function - Similar Threads - Calculator invalid input

2. Multiple instances of Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple instances of Windows Explorer: Opened up task manager and saw that in the Processes tab, there were 41 instances of Windows Explorer running. I open WE frequently but only one or two at the same time and didn't have any open at that time. And it's not just a temporary thing, I have been checking...
  3. windows stuck at "Restarting..." for long after received microsoft update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows stuck at "Restarting..." for long after received microsoft update: Windows 10(Enterprise) windows stuck at "Restarting..." for long after received microsoft update it's a desktop computer; and remote users connect to via remote desktop; however, every time after received Microsoft update, the system will stuck at "Restarting..." for...
  4. WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ERROR 0X80072EE7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ERROR 0X80072EE7: I am trying to update windows 10-1709 to Windows 10-1803. I am connected to the internet, but it returns with the following error: 0X80072EE7 . Please advise. Thanks! [ATTACH]...
  5. Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to...: Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to do it but I'm the admin. My laptop has only one user account and it´s the administrator, and I´ve installed whatsapp using this account, so I don't understand why I don't have the...
  6. Windows 10 will no longer let me print in Color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 will no longer let me print in Color: I have tried the control panel > devices & printers > preferences route When I get to preferences, there is no color weather black & white, greyscale (monochrome) or color anywhere to be found!!! I ran a print test on the printer itself and it is working fine color and all....
  7. Roblox Player and Studio not running on windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox Player and Studio not running on windows: I run a windows 10 and a windows 7 computer and when I downloaded the programs for ROBLOX and clicked the shortcuts, it said "The item 'RobloxPlayerLauncher.exe' that is this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly." and the...
  8. Windows 10 Mail and Teams Notifications - Fail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail and Teams Notifications - Fail: It all seemed to work for a while, in fact I have been using Teams since it first launched and never seen issues with notifications (if you set them the way you want), if a chat came in, it would always show up and then if you missed it the Teams icon would be highlighted to...
  9. Error code 0x80042405 - 0xAD01A every time I try to download windows 10 home onto a USB

Error code 0x80042405 - 0xAD01A every time I try to download windows 10 home onto a USB: I'am trying to download windows 10 onto a flash drive to put onto another computer. The usb is clear and formatted but I get an error everytime its finished saying that there was a problem running this tool. PLEASE HELP!!!...
  10. Windows 10 endless loop

Windows 10 endless loop: Hello, Windows 10 did its ordinary update by itself and after that my cpu run 100% all the time. So i decided to get it back to older version, but now my laptop is in endless loop. It is really frustrating. I can't do nothing except accessing to command line prompt when i...