Windows 10: Windows Calculator invalid input with 10^x function

Discus and support Windows Calculator invalid input with 10^x function in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is definitely a glitch with the calculator that never used to happen until the update. I get "Invalid input" whenever I try the 10^x function with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by allam447635, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Windows Calculator invalid input with 10^x function

This is definitely a glitch with the calculator that never used to happen until the update. I get "Invalid input" whenever I try the 10^x function with a decimal input with at least 5 decimal places. I have verified that a value with 4 decimal places works. Before it would work regardless of the number of digits after the point.

:)

allam447635, Jun 1, 2018

2. Windows Calculator invalid input with 10^x function

This is definitely a glitch with the calculator that never used to happen until the update. I get "Invalid input" whenever I try the 10^x function with a decimal input with at least 5 decimal places. I have verified that a value with 4 decimal places works. Before it would work regardless of the number of digits after the point.

allam447635, Jun 25, 2018
  3. cereberus Win User
    Windows Calculator invalid input with 10^x function

Do you really think it is going to make much difference to the final answer?

Even the algorithms used are probably only accurate to so many significant figures.

cereberus, Jun 25, 2018
  4. Windows Calculator invalid input with 10^x function

I also noticed that 10000 (the first number that is too big for the 10^x function) has 5 digits. It's almost as if the calculator is ignoring the decimal point in checking if the value is valid (and treats, for instance, 0.43407 the same as 43,407), and merely checking the number of significant digits.

allam447635, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Calculator invalid input with 10^x function - Similar Threads - Calculator invalid input

2. My calculator is not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My calculator is not functioning properly: I do use my calculator to do both standard and scientific calculations, and also for currency exchange. I discovered this midnight when I wanted to use it I could not find the currency of a number of countries in it most especially the United States of America $. The US was...
  3. My calculator is not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My calculator is not functioning properly: I do use my calculator to do both standard and scientific calculations, and also for currency exchange. I discovered this midnight when I wanted to use it I could not find the currency of a number of countries in it most especially the United States of America $. The US was...
  4. My calculator is not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Where is cube root function on windows 10 calculator?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Where is cube root function on windows 10 calculator?: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-cube-root-in-windows-calculator/e3d13859-00e6-4236-9c17-1fc33f655584First off. The above answer does not solve issue.Link is to an answer by an advisor linking to a thread where way at the bottom another user says...
  6. Where is cube root function on windows 10 calculator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is cube root function on windows 10 calculator?: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-cube-root-in-windows-calculator/e3d13859-00e6-4236-9c17-1fc33f655584First off. The above answer does not solve issue.Link is to an answer by an advisor linking to a thread where way at the bottom another user says...
  7. Where is cube root function on windows 10 calculator?

8. Windows 10 Calculator - history function

Windows 10 Calculator - history function: I wan't to be able to view the calculation history, and use the calculator at the same time. this was a standard option in the previous calculators. please bring it back. also, it's really annoying that the keys flash different colours when you press the corresponding...
  9. Windows 10 calculator bug: 10^x

Windows 10 calculator bug: 10^x: My Win 10 caclulator has just started misbehaving - it can't have been happening for long as I'm sure I would have noticed quite quickly, but the latest windows update seems to have been on the 10th of July - three weeks ago. Apparently it's not just my computer. In...
  10. Windows Calculator invalid 10^x function

Windows Calculator invalid 10^x function: This is definitely a glitch with the calculator that never used to happen until the update. I get "Invalid input" whenever I try the 10^x function with a decimal input with at least 5 decimal places. I have verified that a value with 4 decimal places works. Before it would...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows calculator gives invalid input for 10^x

2. Windows Calculator invalid input with 10^x function

3. Windows Calculator invalid input with 10^x function resolved

4. how to bring invalid input on calculator,
  5. windows calculator invalid input