Windows 10: Windows Calendar App not retaining 'Saved Repeat Settings'.

Discus and support Windows Calendar App not retaining 'Saved Repeat Settings'. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've used Windows 10 since day one although I've only just started to use the Calendar App since the AU update. When entering Birthdays and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Yorky, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Yorky Win User

Windows Calendar App not retaining 'Saved Repeat Settings'.

Hi, I've used Windows 10 since day one although I've only just started to use the Calendar App since the AU update. When entering Birthdays and selecting the 'repeat yearly details' they are NOT saved despite the 'Save and Close' being activated. When editing any pre-arranged and saved birthday I find that the 'repeat' has reverted to ' a day of the month' but NOT the actual date of the birthday.
    I've entered the Calendar on-line and checked all settings and also booked a Test Birthday entry on-line only to find when editing off-line it has reverted as above.
    See attached graphics:
    Thank you. .

Windows Calendar App not retaining 'Saved Repeat Settings'. [​IMG]

Windows Calendar App not retaining 'Saved Repeat Settings'. [​IMG]

:)

Yorky, Sep 24, 2016
  2. poppizel Win User

Is there a date limitation fopr syncing events on Calendar of Windows Phone 8.1xxxx

Thank you for your response, but after checking with iCloud support, the problem lies with the Calendar on the windows phone.

This is obvious since the problem of lack of retention of an event entered in the windows phone calendar also pertaions to the Google calendar on the windows phone.

To repeat: events for February 2015 entered in the windows phone with the iCloud calendar specified , do appear in the iCloud calendar on all my devices that have the iCloud calendar. However, to repeat, none are retained for more than a second or two on
    the windows phone calendar .

To repeat, the same is observed when using the google specified calendar on the windows phone.

Of interest is that as the date of entry advances in 2014, the entry is retained. For example, last week , entries made on or before August 27 for events in February 2015 are retained up to Februarty 10, 2015. Today, September 2, the latest entry date that
    is February 16, 2015. Any dates for events enterted for February 17, 2015 and after are not retained.

poppizel, Sep 24, 2016
  3. Nokia 925 Windows Phone 8.0 - Missing Calendar History Older than Two Weeks

Windows Phone only retains the past 2 weeks of history for calendar items except for recurring appointments - it does not matter what source the calendar is synced from. It is not possible to change this setting at this time.

I am using the Chronos Calendar app that syncs directly to my Outlook.com accounts. I can set the time frame for syncing both past and future dates within that app.

Julie fka profjulie, Sep 24, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I see the same. Suggest you report this via Feedback and on technet (MS forum where MS engineers see posts).

Another reason for me not to use universal apps...!!

dalchina, Sep 25, 2016
  5. Yorky Win User
    Thank you 'dalchina' for your comments. I shall do as you say and report via feedback etc. It's a pity really as I find the link between my PC and iPad with the Calendar most useful. Hopefully it will soon be corrected.
    Regards.

Yorky, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Calendar App not retaining 'Saved Repeat Settings'. - Similar Threads - Calendar App retaining

2. Windows Explorer Not Retaining Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Not Retaining Settings: I have Windows 11 and am using a Lenovo Idea Pad. I use this computer mainly for designing, using lightburn laser software. Because of this, I have a large amount of SVG files saved, and I set my view to extra large in file explorer. When I attempt to open a file in my...
  3. Windows 11 not retaining settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not retaining settings: When I am installing Windows 11 on my computer, which is compatible with Windows 11, my computer is undoing changes made to the computer. Please help me solve this issue ** original title: Computer **...
  4. Windows 11 not retaining settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not retaining settings: When I am installing Windows 11 on my computer, which is compatible with Windows 11, my computer is undoing changes made to the computer. Please help me solve this issue ** original title: Computer **...
  5. Uninstall Mail app retaining Calendar

Uninstall Mail app retaining Calendar: Hello, Is it possible to only uninstall/remove the Mail module of the Mail & Calendar app? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-mail-app-retaining-calendar/5dd22bd1-3d54-4cff-b172-15dfdafb7811
  6. Windows Calendar Repeat Not Working

Windows Calendar Repeat Not Working: Windows Calendar repeat is not working for me. When I set it to repeat every 2 years, it automatically sets it to every 1 year. I tried resetting it. 136468
  7. Windows Calendar Repeat Not Working

Windows Calendar Repeat Not Working: Hello, Windows Calendar repeat is not working for me. When I set it to repeat every 2 years, it automatically sets it to every 1 year. I tried resetting it....
  8. Calendar App Not Saving Colour Settings

Calendar App Not Saving Colour Settings: Recently, my Windows 10 (Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134) Calendar App does not keep my colour selection for my calendars. While I am able to change the colours of my calendars, every time I open the app, add an event, or sync the app, my calendars are reset to colours I did...
  9. Calendar App Not Saving Colour Settings

Calendar App Not Saving Colour Settings: Recently, my Windows 10 (Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134) Calendar App does not keep my colour selection for my calendars. While I am able to change the colours of my calendars, every time I open the app, add an event, or sync the app, my calendars are reset to colours I did...
  10. Events on Outlook Calendar Deleted, Retained on GMail Calendar???

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Events on Outlook Calendar Deleted, Retained on GMail Calendar???: The Basics Using Windows 10 Calendar (Outlook) as my primary calendar. The calendar contains two accounts, my Microsoft Live Account and my Gmail Account. In the left panel, I have the Gmail Calendar checked – the Outlook calendar is unchecked. When I add an event, the...