Windows 10: Windows Callendar asks me to open an account

Discus and support Windows Callendar asks me to open an account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I thought "cool, a calendar!". I tried to use it and it said "First thing first! First open an account".Sorry, but I want to use a calendar, not an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Fredledingue, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Windows Callendar asks me to open an account

I thought "cool, a calendar!". I tried to use it and it said "First thing first! First open an account".Sorry, but I want to use a calendar, not an account creator.For godsake, I do have a callendar on the wall of my room and it doesn't ask me to open an account to allow me to write on it. But ok, I closed the app, and when I reopened it understood I didn't want to create an account or it did it for me, I don't know, but it let me use the callendar.

:)

Fredledingue, Sep 25, 2016

2. Where are my contacts & calendar reminders after win 10 mobile update

Same problem with lumia930.

As for now I identify that for my hotmail account sync of contacts and callendar arent possible to turn on. Outlook and gmail account has boxes to check in order to turn on sync. For hotmail account only email sync is possible, contacts and callendar boxes
    are not shown in account settings.

Also adding hotmail account in callendar or contact app wont sove it as the account, after adding and message thet addding completed are not shown in app account list.

Itstill searching for any solution so ms reaction would be nice..

KrzysztofJaworski82, Sep 25, 2016
  3. Windows asks me my account password as an administration, but does not accept it

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

1. What exactly do you mean by "recover my PC"?

2. How many accounts are set up in the computer?

3. What error message do you receive?

4. Are you able to log in to login.live by using the same Microsoft account details?

Get back to us with the response for further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 25, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Windows Callendar asks me to open an account

As so often with these "Why does Windows do this, why is Microsoft forcing me to do that" complaints, your post is totally groundless and is based on user's inability to understand simple instructions. I guess your next complaint will be about "Sorry, but I want to use a mail app, not an account creator.​ For god's sake, I do have a mailbox across the street and it doesn't ask me to open an account to allow me to mail a letter".

It is true that some users have either poor eyesight, not being able to see clear and easy to understand text in prompts and buttons various Windows apps show to them, or issues to understand simple instructions. In case of Calendar app the same page that asks users to add their accounts also has a button saying Ready to go. It should not be too demanding task to understand what it means: add your accounts or not, when you are ready just click that button!

A local user, not adding any accounts. Click Ready to go:

Windows Callendar asks me to open an account [​IMG]

That's it. A local user using Windows 10 Calendar app without whatsoever accounts:

Windows Callendar asks me to open an account [​IMG]

5. Ok, but why would you want to create an account for a calendar? I ask You. And why should it be the first thing to do?

Fredledingue, Sep 26, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    Of course I would create an account if I already hadn't one (or more). Although Windows 10 is fully functional with a local account, to get most out of it and its native apps you really need a Microsoft account.

In my case I have four Microsoft accounts and two Azure AD accounts added in Calendar, Mail and People apps. Adding these accounts my Calendar, as well as Mail and People apps are synced between all my computers and Windows phones.

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Callendar asks me to open an account

1. Windows Callendar asks me to open an account - Similar Threads - Callendar asks open

2. Windows asking me to sign out my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows asking me to sign out my account: I just upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11. It was fine at first and then when I turn on my laptop, it took so long for me to get in after I put my pin and when I get in, it's asking me to sign out my account and says this problem can often be fixed by signing out of my...
  3. Windows asking me to sign out my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows asking me to sign out my account: I just upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11. It was fine at first and then when I turn on my laptop, it took so long for me to get in after I put my pin and when I get in, it's asking me to sign out my account and says this problem can often be fixed by signing out of my...
  4. Can't access "Account Settings" in the Mail and Callendar app with Windows 11

Can't access "Account Settings" in the Mail and Callendar app with Windows 11: I've seen multiple threads of this and have already tried everything suggested in them. Yet there is still an account I cannot manage in my mail window. Same story as before, only I'm on Win11 and it's 2023 and this is still a thing. I've uninstalled, run the various command...
  5. Can't access "Account Settings" in the Mail and Callendar app with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access "Account Settings" in the Mail and Callendar app with Windows 11: I've seen multiple threads of this and have already tried everything suggested in them. Yet there is still an account I cannot manage in my mail window. Same story as before, only I'm on Win11 and it's 2023 and this is still a thing. I've uninstalled, run the various command...
  6. synch google callendar to outlook 2019

in Microsoft Office and 365
    synch google callendar to outlook 2019: id like my google calendar to update by itself in outlook when things get added/removed... is it possible have it sync? 180861
  7. Windows is asking me to activate?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows is asking me to activate?: Hello, yesterday I got a brand new motherboard, cpu, and decided to start all over so Windows could be on an SSD. I already had the usb boot for it so once it was good to go I downloaded Windows and it didn't show anything for a day so I thought it was good. But I woke up...
  8. Windows asking me to activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows asking me to activate: Soo kind of a long story. I had windows 10 installed on my hard drive that was upgraded from the windows 7 that was originally installed on the hard drive from my years ago. I recently decided to get a new motherboard and with the old motherboard i put together a second pc...
  9. Stop OneDrive from asking me to setup account!

Stop OneDrive from asking me to setup account!: I know there are many suggestions in the tutorials but none seem to work so far. I have 2 DeskTop systems and the one I just built keeps asking me to setup a OneDrive account. Both systems have 64 bit Windows 10 Pro so I have no idea what this new system has that is set...
  10. popup asking me to call windows? now asking me to restore computer

in Windows 10 Support
    popup asking me to call windows? now asking me to restore computer: r? tech/IT help please? so my mom went to a legit website unless she mistyped it, then a popup came up, saying system had a virus and to call windows with a phone #. we did & he said we hv ransomware *i don't think we have it though, didn't fit with what i googled* & he...