Windows 10: Windows Camera app no longer works

Discus and support Windows Camera app no longer works in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On my ASUS G74SX-3DE Notebook, Windows Camera no longer works after the app update(s) recently. It would start up with: [img] I have no idea... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Almighty1, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Almighty1 Win User

Windows Camera app no longer works

On my ASUS G74SX-3DE Notebook, Windows Camera no longer works after the app update(s) recently.

It would start up with:

Windows Camera app no longer works [​IMG]

I have no idea who makes the camera for the device and ASUS doesn't provide Windows 10 drivers except the camera works fine with other apps.

Windows installs a driver with the device listed as:
    USB2.0 UVC 1M WebCam
    in device manager with driver version 10.0.10240.16384 and the date

USB\VID_13D3&PID_5134&MI_00
    USB\VID_13D3&PID_5134&REV_0725&MI_00

is the device ID's

:)

Almighty1, Nov 12, 2015
  2. [Epstein] Win User
    [Epstein], Nov 12, 2015
  3. Coletteo Win User
    Nokia Lumia 1020 Camera App no longer works

Have not heard a solution & it is still an issues on my phone.

Coletteo, Nov 12, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

5. YOU
    You Win User
  6. Almighty1 Win User
    US version and problem fixed after system rebooted since the new version of the app was installed. I have CyberLink YouCam7 installed so I know the cam works.

Almighty1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Camera app no longer works - Similar Threads - Camera app longer

2. My camera no longer works.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My camera no longer works.: My camera no longer works. I undertook all the recommended checks including updating relevant software.However, I was unable to solve the defect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-no-longer-works/45d5c019-50c1-49b3-9fdf-07d568260f46
  3. My camera no longer works.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My camera no longer works.: My camera no longer works. I undertook all the recommended checks including updating relevant software.However, I was unable to solve the defect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-no-longer-works/45d5c019-50c1-49b3-9fdf-07d568260f46
  4. Onboard camera no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onboard camera no longer working: camera no longer working on Windows 10. Error message: "We can't find your cameras. Check to be sure it's connected and installed properly, that it isn't being blocked by antivirus software, and that you camera drivers are up to date." Error code 0xA00F42440xCooD36D5. Camera...
  5. Onboard camera no longer working

Onboard camera no longer working: camera no longer working on Windows 10. Error message: "We can't find your cameras. Check to be sure it's connected and installed properly, that it isn't being blocked by antivirus software, and that you camera drivers are up to date." Error code 0xA00F42440xCooD36D5. Camera...
  6. Onboard camera no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 10 Camera App - video sound no longer working

Windows 10 Camera App - video sound no longer working: Starting yesterday afternoon, the sound while recording a video on the Windows 10 Camera App stopped working. Was working in the morning, then it stopped. I didn't change any settings that I can recall. I've installed another camera app and the sound on the video recording...
  8. camera and mic no longer working

camera and mic no longer working: I cannot locate my camera under device manager and microphone has all the up to date drivers yet, it's still not working. I've rebooted several times and followed all the threads online I could find. Still nothing. HP stream is only a year old....
  9. Laptop camera no longer working

Laptop camera no longer working: Camera no longer working, flashes, see light indicating camera working, but flashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-camera-no-longer-working/fc930318-fbbb-460d-9c42-04d4a45fbd28
  10. windows camera app is not working.

windows camera app is not working.: Whenever i open the app my screen doesn't showing me image instead of that it is showing black screen. 0xA00F425E<VideoCaptureShotFailed> (0x80004005) i am getting this error on recording videos....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0xa00f4271<mediacapturefailedevent>(0xc00d3704)

2. 0xA00F4271 MEDIACAPTUREFAILEDEVENT

3. error 0xA00f4271<mediaCaptureFailedEvent>(0xc00D3704)

4. 0xa00f4271 mediacapturefailedevent 0xc00d3704