Windows 10: Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The disk may fail

Discus and support Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The disk may fail in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I bought a new WD Black 6TB disk and I decided to reinstall my windows 10 (using a recovery disk) on the new hard drive. However, I tried to do it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stavroswtf, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The disk may fail

So I bought a new WD Black 6TB disk and I decided to reinstall my windows 10 (using a recovery disk) on the new hard drive. However, I tried to do it and the title error came up. I have tried many fixed including formatting the drive, using diskpart e.t.c. I need urgent help.

:)

stavroswtf, Jul 6, 2017

2. Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's bios menu.

Hi Matthew,

There are several possible reasons as to why your computer is not detecting an SSD drive. This could be caused by incorrect BIOS settings or device drivers that need to be updated. Since you already tried the suggestion of Andre Da Costa and this allowed
    your computer to detect the SSD already, we would like to further clarify your concern by asking the questions below:

• If you were already able to install Windows on the SSD, have you already attempted to change the boot order in the BIOS menu?
    • Which version of Windows did you install on the SSD?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you attempted?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jul 6, 2017
  3. Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's bios menu.

Have you tried resetting the BIOS defaults then see if that works?

How to Reset BIOS on a PC or Clear NVRAM on a Mac

Andre Da Costa, Jul 6, 2017
  4. Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The disk may fail

Aside from the possibility that the drive is going bad, are you using this as your primary (system) drive? If so, are you converting the drive to use GPT instead of MBR? If not, try that again. In diskpart, with the drive blank, type convert gpt after selecting the drive.

I would also suggest using a plain vanilla Windows 10 disc, rather than a recovery disc.

DeaconFrost, Jul 6, 2017
  5. So, I don't know if this is the primary disk, but my older disk has Ubuntu installed right now as installing Ubuntu there was the only way I could get the PC to boot. The disk is already GPT. As for the last thing, what I'd a plain vanilla windows 10 disc. Just for the heads up, while I was waiting for an answer, I but windows 10 in a DVD and tried to install it again but the same problem occurred.

stavroswtf, Jul 6, 2017
  6. Try downloading an ISO file and burn it to a USB-Driver

or Create an ISO yourself

CreateIsoFromCDorDVD - Community Help Wiki

MetalSaint, Jul 7, 2017
  7. I finally found the problem. The disk is really failing. I installed Windows 10 back to my old disk and then i downloaded crystaldiskinfo and many allocated sectors, it have a ''Seek Time Performance'' threshold right now. So it's leaving me. It's really sad because this is the second WD disk that gets fatal error (at least the first one lasted for about half a year and not 2 days).

stavroswtf, Jul 7, 2017
  8. Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The disk may fail

my main HDD is a WD Purple 3TB and its been going for the third year now without any issue, consider check your pc hardware

MetalSaint, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The disk may fail

1. Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The disk may fail - Similar Threads - cannot installed disk

2. Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting...: i want to install windows 10 on my laptop lenovo ideapad 100s and i can't when it redirects me to the disk and partition selection window it writes at the bottom "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure...
  3. Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting...: Hi I keep getting this message everytime I try to install windows on my old laptop that previously had windows 7 on. I formatted the SSD but keeping getting This msg. “Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk....
  4. Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting...: Hi I keep getting this message everytime I try to install windows on my old laptop that previously had windows 7 on. I formatted the SSD but keeping getting This msg. “Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk....
  5. Windows cannot be installed to this disk, The disk may fail soon

in Windows 10 News
    Windows cannot be installed to this disk, The disk may fail soon: [ATTACH]If you encounter the error message Windows cannot be installed to this disk, The disk may fail soon when attempting to install Windows 11 or Windows 10 on your device, then this post is intended to help you with the most suitable solutions you can apply to...
  6. Windows cannot be installed on this disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows cannot be installed on this disk: I created a bootable usb because I cannot access my PC it wont boot up. But the USB only works in a UEFI mode, my disk is using a MBR partition table, but my usb does not want to boot in legacy mode, instead it boots up to something and then switches to either my HDD or UEFI...
  7. Windows Cannot Be Installed To This Disk.

Windows Cannot Be Installed To This Disk.: Im Wanting To Install Windows Vista To My SSD ( With Windows 10 Version 20H2 ) On My Lenovo Ideapad3. When I Try To Install It, It Says This: [img] Any Help? 169922
  8. windows cannot be installed to this disk. the disk may fail soon.

windows cannot be installed to this disk. the disk may fail soon.: [IMG] windows 10 installation problem. what should I do? there is no problem with HDD. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-be-installed-to-this-disk-the-disk/7f65a626-86be-4714-8990-eeb801747b38
  9. Windows cannot be installed to this disk.

Windows cannot be installed to this disk.: Hi, I'm having problems installing windows 10, on my new mobo. This is my motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M LX3 Troubleshooting history: 1) Booting from USB. Got the usual "A Media Driver Your Computer Needs Is Missing"-error, fixed that easily by hitting Cancel, and...
  10. Windows cannot be installed to this disk the selected disk

Windows cannot be installed to this disk the selected disk: Hello my friends, I keep getting an error when I install Windows 7. I want to install Windows 7 alongside Windows 10. windows cannot be installed to this disk the selected disk is of the gpt partition style I read solutions to this and most of them write I must format...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cannot be installed to this disk. the disk may fail soon

2. windows cannot be installed to this disk. the disk may fail soon. thr

3. windows cannot be installed to this disk The disk may fail soon

4. fatal hardware error when converting ssd to mbr,
  5. windows 7 mac ssd windows cannot be installed to this disk the disk may fail soon,
  6. Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computers hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disks controller is enabled in the computers BIOS menu.,
  7. windows cannot installed on the disk my fail