Windows 10: Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is yadayad

Discus and support Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is yadayad in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So basically I'm trying to boot an ISO to windows 10 home and I used Rufus for it. Idk if I used for wrong settings but it says: the selected disk has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Toxiconym, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Toxiconym Win User

Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is yadayad

So basically I'm trying to boot an ISO to windows 10 home and I used Rufus for it. Idk if I used for wrong settings but it says: the selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, windows can only be installed to GPT disks.

:)

Toxiconym, Nov 13, 2015

2. Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's bios menu.

Hi Matthew,

There are several possible reasons as to why your computer is not detecting an SSD drive. This could be caused by incorrect BIOS settings or device drivers that need to be updated. Since you already tried the suggestion of Andre Da Costa and this allowed
    your computer to detect the SSD already, we would like to further clarify your concern by asking the questions below:

• If you were already able to install Windows on the SSD, have you already attempted to change the boot order in the BIOS menu?
    • Which version of Windows did you install on the SSD?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you attempted?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Nov 13, 2015
  3. Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's bios menu.

Have you tried resetting the BIOS defaults then see if that works?

How to Reset BIOS on a PC or Clear NVRAM on a Mac

Andre Da Costa, Nov 13, 2015
  4. genet Win User

Quote from this post: UEFI Boot Mode (installing using the GPT partition style) and Legacy BIOS Boot Mode (installing using the MBR partition style). -> link

genet, Nov 13, 2015
  5. Toxiconym Win User
    Which option do I take? What am I supposed to do?

Toxiconym, Nov 13, 2015
  6. genet Win User
    - Delete all partitions on the disk, so you can use GPT (GUID Partition Table).

-or-

- If you want to use MBR (Master Boot Record) partition table, then boot from the Windows installation media in Legacy BIOS Boot Mode.

You have to choose which one you want to do.

Here is more info: link

genet, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is yadayad - Similar Threads - cannot installed disk

2. Installation disk selection error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation disk selection error: I have already tried all sata configuration... Ahci, ide, raid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-disk-selection-error/c79f59eb-4680-4483-8fc8-e3986fd08abf
  3. Installation disk selection error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installation disk selection error: I have already tried all sata configuration... Ahci, ide, raid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-disk-selection-error/c79f59eb-4680-4483-8fc8-e3986fd08abf
  4. what to do if there is a problem "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The Selected...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what to do if there is a problem "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The Selected...: Bahasa IndonesiaDisini saya mendapat masalah pada saat instalasi Windows 11 Pro. Disini saya bingung apa yang harus dilakukan agar data saya tidak hilang. Data saya sudah aku backup ada yang disimpan ke Local Disk D: dan di Google Drive. Jika ada yang tahu aku harus menekan...
  5. what to do if there is a problem "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The Selected...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what to do if there is a problem "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The Selected...: Bahasa IndonesiaDisini saya mendapat masalah pada saat instalasi Windows 11 Pro. Disini saya bingung apa yang harus dilakukan agar data saya tidak hilang. Data saya sudah aku backup ada yang disimpan ke Local Disk D: dan di Google Drive. Jika ada yang tahu aku harus menekan...
  6. Windows cannot be installed on this disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows cannot be installed on this disk: I created a bootable usb because I cannot access my PC it wont boot up. But the USB only works in a UEFI mode, my disk is using a MBR partition table, but my usb does not want to boot in legacy mode, instead it boots up to something and then switches to either my HDD or UEFI...
  7. "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style": [ATTACH] Hello everyone/anyone willing to help. I'll try to summarize everything as concisely as possible. (It'll be kinda all over the place sorry!) I have 3 storage drives. One 1TB SSD Samsung Evo 860, one Seagate 1TB HDD, and one 256GB M.2 SSD. The SSD I currently have...
  8. Windows Cannot Be Installed To This Disk.

Windows Cannot Be Installed To This Disk.: Im Wanting To Install Windows Vista To My SSD ( With Windows 10 Version 20H2 ) On My Lenovo Ideapad3. When I Try To Install It, It Says This: [img] Any Help? 169922
  9. windows cannot be installed to this disk. the selected disk is of the GPT partition style

windows cannot be installed to this disk. the selected disk is of the GPT partition style: I want to install win 10 to my ASUS Laptop but when i selected disk or partition, windows cannot be installed to this disk. the selected disk is of the GPT partition style. How to install Win 10 in my Laptop, please and thank you ?...
  10. Windows cannot be installed to this disk the selected disk

Windows cannot be installed to this disk the selected disk: Hello my friends, I keep getting an error when I install Windows 7. I want to install Windows 7 alongside Windows 10. windows cannot be installed to this disk the selected disk is of the gpt partition style I read solutions to this and most of them write I must format...