Windows 10: Windows cannot detect Proxy Settings

Discus and support Windows cannot detect Proxy Settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have had this problem and it been ongoing and truly problematic. I attended programming college and this problem will turn your download speed from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by R Philosopher 1, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Windows cannot detect Proxy Settings

I have had this problem and it been ongoing and truly problematic. I attended programming college and this problem will turn your download speed from 300kb/sec to 30kb/sec and you will wonder what is going on. I have troubleshooted this for months and this seems to be the cure or at least over the last 5 hours its happened 5 times and now It is working perfectly. So I attacked the problem at the root the ether-net adapter and this is the cure that I am now downloading at 300kb/sec now. Go to network and internet settings and discover your Ethernet controller. Then navigate, left click on administrative properties and you will discover that there is a tab the last one,click on it and it is clicked for power saver by shutting off the ether-net adapter resulting in the windows being unable to detect the proxy settings throwing you into a deep dark cave that perhaps, you reset your modem, or reset your router, or run registry cleaner and the troubleshooting goes on forever. I solved this problem that has plagued me for perhaps years now and it seems ridiculous for a ether-net adapter to even have a power saving setting!!!! so turn it off, so far the problem is solved. And Microsoft I would love to work for your company. If this solution is correct please contact me and if I am wrong please elaborate the correct solution. This is somehow a conflict with windows update and the power saving mechanism on ether-net adapters, my adapter is a 2015 Realtek PCL e family controller. I hope I helped the community. Thanks for listening.

:)

R Philosopher 1, Aug 21, 2018
  2. Alvin Cop Win User

Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings

Hi,

There are various reasons why you're getting such error message. Slow internet connections or network issues are possible causes of it. Kindly provide us the following details so we can isolate your concern:

• How did you get this error message?
    • Are you connected to the internet using wireless or wired connection?
    • Have you tried other devices to check if the same issue occurred?

Since you have followed all the steps in the article provided above, let's check if your computer's Network proxy settings are configured correctly by following these steps:

• Type Proxy in the search box on the taskbar, and then click on
      Network proxy settings.
    • Under Automatic Proxy setup, set Automatically detect settings bar to ON.
    • Under Manual Proxy settings, set Use a proxy server bar to OFF.
    • Click on Save.

Let us know if it works.

Alvin Cop, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings

Recently, I have noticed a small caution triangle appearing with my network icon on the task bar. When I right click and troubleshoot, it comes with this message. Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings. I have tried the
    suggested solutions I found in Microsoft answers but the issue still exists .

Method 1: Check for proxy server settings.

1. Press Windows key + R to open Run Command. Type "inetcpl.cpl" and press Enter.

2. In Internet Options Window, go toConnections tab.

3. Click on LAN Settings.

4. Do the following steps:

• Uncheck the box Use Proxy Server for your LAN.
    • Check the box Automatically Detect settings.
    Method 2: Type the following command.

• Press Windows key + X and click onCommand Prompt (Admin) to open the Elevated Command Prompt. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)
    • Type the following command.
    • Type netsh winsock reset and click Enter.
    • Type netsh int ipv4 resetand click Enter.

Jonathansuresh, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Windows cannot detect Proxy Settings

Windows could not detect this networks proxy settings

Hi Zach,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with connecting to the internet on your computer. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your interest in resolving the issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better:

• What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you trying to access wired internet connection/ wireless?
    • Have you enabled any proxy settings on your device?

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps if not yet tried and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to Disable Proxy Settings

Windows Store apps won't work properly if you are using a proxy server. You may disable the proxy server and check.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows Key + R to open
      Run
      command, type inetcpl.cpl.
    • Under Internet Options, go to
      Connections
      tab.
    • c. Click on the LAN Settings button.
    • Then uncheck the option Use a proxy server for your LAN.
    • Click Apply.

Step 2: Perform reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults
    and check if it helps.

• Open the Windows Start Screen or
      Start Menu and type cmd in the search box.

• Right-click Command Prompt or
      cmd in the search results and select Run as Administrator.

• Type netsh winsock reset in the Command Prompt window and press
      Enter. Wait for Windows to finish resetting your Winsock configuration.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of connecting to internet for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows cannot detect Proxy Settings

1. Windows cannot detect Proxy Settings - Similar Threads - cannot detect Proxy

2. Auto-detect proxy settings: on or off?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto-detect proxy settings: on or off?: Windows 10 Home 20H2 (19042.804) I don't run a manual proxy / VPN of any kind, and don't use this machine to log into any networks -- just regular everyday wired ethernet surfing, streaming, email, etc. I do have third-party firewall and AV installed (Comodo, Avast) and want...
  3. Wireless connection error message.. Windows cannot detect proxy settings

Wireless connection error message.. Windows cannot detect proxy settings: I cannot connect to a network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-connection-error-message-windows-cannot/d1982cbb-2ee3-4451-8c34-a56a984dc4e9
  4. "Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings" despite no proxy

"Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings" despite no proxy: Hello - Lately I've been running into an issue where Windows displays a "Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings". I have tried many of the fixes displayed on other websites and troubleshooters - I am able to do most of these fixes flushing the...
  5. Cannot configure proxy settings

Cannot configure proxy settings: Hello, I can't make changes to the proxy settings. I've searched for the problem and haven't come across any solutions. Here is the problem I'm facing: 1. Automatic proxy setup window, no changes. [ATTACH] 2. Turn on Use Setup Script and paste the proxy address,...
  6. Now Desperate for Solution. Windows cannot detect Proxy server settings.

Now Desperate for Solution. Windows cannot detect Proxy server settings.: Hi, I have posted previously reference to this problem but help has dried up. I have wired connection to router with this computer. I am sure it is not the router as my Laptop and my wife's Tablet connect (by wireless) faultlessly. My problem, Windows Update, Edge and...
  7. Update Problem -> Certificate Issue - Cannot Detect Proxy Settings

Update Problem -> Certificate Issue - Cannot Detect Proxy Settings: DELL Precision 7520 laptop running Windows 10 Pro (version 1803, build 17134.556) 64-bit. CPU is intel Core i7; GPU is Intel HD Graphics 630 & NVIDIA Quadro M1200. Both WiFi & Ethernet. Latest updates installed are: KB4023057 (failed several times); KB4462157. Problem is...
  8. Windows couldnt automatically detect proxy settings

Windows couldnt automatically detect proxy settings: When trying to connect to router it does connect but internet doesnt work. Running troubleshoot says that windows couldnt automatically detect proxy settings. Ive tried resettting winsock and ipv4 in command prompt and problem still persist. Ive also checked my drivers and...
  9. windows cannot detect this servers proxy settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows cannot detect this servers proxy settings: ive tried everything and nothing seems to work,is there a program that causes this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-cannot-detect-this-servers-proxy-settings/cca94017-707b-4302-8b58-69d1add43acf
  10. Not able to set automatically detect proxy in LAN settings

Not able to set automatically detect proxy in LAN settings: In LAN settings in internet options, I can't change any of the options, if i select the checkbox to automatically detect the proxy settings, clicking the OK button does nothing. In Proxy settings inside windows settings I can toggle "Automatically detect settings" but it...