Windows 10: windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware code 39 audio

Discus and support windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware code 39 audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, My son got the BSOD where he couldn't select the language, so I reformatted and reinstalled a clean version of win 10. Now, under device manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bucrodgers, Jul 8, 2017.

1. windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware code 39 audio

So, My son got the BSOD where he couldn't select the language, so I reformatted and reinstalled a clean version of win 10.

Now, under device manager I get 2 heading of HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO CONTROLLER with both having a yellow exclamation point. When I click on, the details say

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39){Bad File}The attributes of the specified mapping file for a section of memory cannot be read.

I have uninstalled both of them and re-started the computer, tried the audio controller troubleshooter, copied the 3 drivers from a working computer and still cannot get rid of the yellow exclamation points.

Just about to throw the computer out the back door and tell him to read a book.

Any ideas?

:)

bucrodgers, Jul 8, 2017

2. Bluetooth

Hello,

Code 39 means that Windows cannot load the device driver for your hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. To resolve this problem, we suggest that you refer to this

article
    . Kindly look under the Error codes in Device Manager section, and then look for
    Code 39 “Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware... (Code 39).”

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, Jul 8, 2017
  3. Gozzy Win User
    Audio: Microsoft High definition audio controller not working

MB GIGABYTE Z87M-D3H

Intel Core i7-4790

Intel Haswell-DT GT2 - Integrated Graphics Controller [GIGABYTE]

Same issue update and audio disabled drivers not signed.

Rebooted a few times with ignore signing option.

Now cannot activate audio at all no matter what , reinstall drivers makes no difference

Tried restore on earlier date when audio was working and restore fails as well.

Always displaying this error on audio hardware for driver install.

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

{Bad File}

The attributes of the specified mapping file for a section of memory cannot be read.

Gozzy, Jul 8, 2017
  4. Unkn0wn Win User

windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware code 39 audio

Hey,

And welcome to Tenforums,

Since the version you reinstalled is a fresh install there is only one thing that could cause a driver to fail which is indeed the required installer, if you could list the name and the current version of the driver installed I could take a look and find you the newest driver which should be working, also it might be a good idea to perform a windows update check just incase windows did not update your driver yet, it might fix it by itself. Also performing an uninstall of a driver is often the way to go but it might be another option to completely disable the sound controller and remove any remaining installation files which usually removes after a restart.

Unkn0wn, Jul 8, 2017
  5. I am completely up to date on windows updates.

The 3 files listed are

drmk.sys
    hdaudbus.sys
    portcls.sys

all 3 are modified on 3/18/17. I also copied these from another computer as I thought one of them may have been corrupted.

After the clean install, it's like the system isn't picking up the onboard audio. I checked the bios to make sure it was enabled.

I also do not have the Sound, Video and Game Controller heading in the Device Manager, another reason I think it is not recognizing the onboard sound controller.

Before the system crashed yesterday he had 0 problems with the sound.

bucrodgers, Jul 8, 2017
  6. Unkn0wn Win User
    Hi,

Do you maybe know what is the vendor of the on board audio port / card? and also the exact version of the driver you have tried to install before.
    I can see those are only system files for "management" but not the actual driver for the hardware you are trying to install.

if you could attach an image of your drivers that would also help the case, to do so please
    1st Open Run , Windows key + R and type "Dxdiag" and run
    2nd A page will open where there will be tabs named as Sound 1,2 etc. screenshot of those will suffice.

Thank you.

Unkn0wn, Jul 8, 2017
  7. windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware code 39 audio [​IMG]

windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware code 39 audio [​IMG]

The mainboard is a MSI 760FMA-934 (FX). I have downloaded the REALTEK drivers but can't install because I do not have the Sound, Video and Game Controller heading in the Device Manager.

I can't get the Windows system drivers to work on the System Devices
    heading. Once i get that, it should pop up the Sound, Video and Game Controller heading and then I can install the Realtek audio HD sound driver.

I can't figure out how to get the system drivers to work. Every other computer i have, had the Sound, Video and Game Controller heading in Device Manager.

Thanks

bucrodgers, Jul 8, 2017
  8. Unkn0wn Win User

Hi,

I see now, so there is no need for single file copy pasting, use this installer if it is really Realtek HD Audio you have on that computer,
    so first if you have any versions downloaded of Realtek HD Audio driver delete that, afterwards
    Head on to this site: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false

and as I see you are running 64bit so download the second one available,

Be sure to follow the steps from the installer and restart afterwards.
    Report back after you have installed the driver *Smile

Edit: Also if you would like to download the version from windows update here is the link to the full tutorial:
    Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

Unkn0wn, Jul 8, 2017
  9. I deleted the version I had downloaded earlier today (it was the same).

Downloaded the one from the link in your response and followed directions and then it asked me to reboot, so I did. Then nothing happened.

My problem is that Windows does not recognize that I have an onboard sound controller,

Right under Software Devices, there should be a heading of Sound, Video and Game Controllers, that is where the Realtek driver would install. Until I can get that heading to come up, Realtek will not install.

The problem is with Windows 10, I don't know how to get it to recognize the onboard sound with the *.sys files. It keeps telling me they are "BaD File".

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39){Bad File}The attributes of the specified mapping file for a section of memory cannot be read.

If you look at yours, you should have those same 3 *.sys files listed under the High Definition Audio Controller.

But you should have a heading between Software devices and Storage Controllers that is SOUND, Video and GAme controller and that is where your onboard or sound card driver goes. I can't get that heading to show up.

I guess it's just a bug inside Windows 10.

Thanks

bucrodgers, Jul 8, 2017
  10. Unkn0wn Win User
    Hi,

It should install the newest version of the system drivers, but as I see it is not doing it for you, I have a newer version of the same files..hm I have all the same files but a newer version if you would like to risk it and try with these I have no issue with that: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApBDCQbfp0XirFJJd4b4PRDiUD_J Forget this..
    report back afterwards.

Unkn0wn, Jul 8, 2017
  11. Unkn0wn Win User
    This is where we tried using the same files from a different version of windows 10

Unkn0wn, Jul 8, 2017
  12. Tried to Update Drivers and it told me mine were the lastest.

So then I went to folder and tried to Overwrite yours over the existing ones and It told me I didn't have permission.

GOD I hate Microsoft

Incidentally when I copied them to a folder, it showed the with today's date.

Thanks

bucrodgers, Jul 8, 2017
  13. Unkn0wn Win User

So I have found a solution from another source and they stated it did work, so to do this

Uninstall the drivers with the yellow markings,However now click 'Scan for hardware changes' on top, and it should find a device or both actually, then open windows update and search for updates, and afterwards just restart the system and it should work.

Edit: and do not worry we are fixing this no matter what.
    Also you could try to see if the service for audio is indeed started or not, to do this open run using Windows key + R and type: services.msc and run,
    After that look for Windows Audio in the list and if it does not say it is started right click and properties and set it to automatic and also start it if it is not started yet.

Unkn0wn, Jul 8, 2017
  14. Did the first part you asked, no luck. (I had done something similar earlier). I have been working on this since 10 am this morning, after spending all day yesterday trying to fix his BSOD. So, I have googled several things but really haven't found a problem similar to this one yet, or if I did, their solution didn't work on this computer.

Here is the last part you asked, I had looked at this earlier and it shows Windows Audio working in Automatic.

which confuses me, other than maybe that just means the software is running but the hardware isn't.

I'm a 50 year old engineer and been working on MS stuff since DOS, which by the way was the best software every written by MS.

I appreciate the help, I haven't give up yet.

I will be gone about an hour as I have to go pitch batting practice to my son.

Thanks

bucrodgers, Jul 8, 2017
  15. Unkn0wn Win User
    So, trying to approach this from another way let's do this, in device manager find PCI bus controller and try to reinstall that maybe the interface it self is not recognising the device properly.

Unkn0wn, Jul 8, 2017
Thema:

1. windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware code 39 audio - Similar Threads - cannot load device

2. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware Code 39, Windows cannot verify the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware Code 39, Windows cannot verify the...: After windows update KB5034763 for Windows 10 pro, my IntelR Ethernet Controller 3 I225-V will not load. Device Manager gives the following error:Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39Windows cannot verify the...
  3. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware Code 39, Windows cannot verify the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware Code 39, Windows cannot verify the...: After windows update KB5034763 for Windows 10 pro, my IntelR Ethernet Controller 3 I225-V will not load. Device Manager gives the following error:Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39Windows cannot verify the...
  4. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware Code 39, Windows cannot verify the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware Code 39, Windows cannot verify the...

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware Code 39, Windows cannot verify the...: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. The signing certificate for this file has been...
  6. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware Code 39, Windows cannot verify the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware Code 39, Windows cannot verify the...: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39 Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. The signing certificate for this file has been...
  7. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware Code 39, Windows cannot verify the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware Code 39, Windows cannot verify the...: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39 Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. The signing certificate for this file has been...
  8. Code 39, Windows cannot load the device driver, USB problem

in Windows 10 News
    Code 39, Windows cannot load the device driver, USB problem: [IMG]When using a USB drive, if you receive an error that says— Code 39, Windows cannot load the device driver, this post will help you resolve the problem. The error can show for any USB device, including a standard USB drive, HDD/SSD, or even a webcam. The error is usually...
  9. Windows cannot load the Device Driver for this hardware, Code 38

in Windows 10 News
    Windows cannot load the Device Driver for this hardware, Code 38: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When external devices like printers, scanners, etc. are connected to a Windows 10 system, the device either pushes the drivers through the USB (or any other post), or the user is expected to install the drivers through an external media. [...] This post...
  10. Window cannot load device driver for this hardware. The Driver may be corrupted or missing (code 39)

Window cannot load device driver for this hardware. The Driver may be corrupted or missing (code 39): My USB is not working when I connected from Port USB and it is not detected for Window. Got error: "Window cannot load device driver for this hardware. The Driver may be corrupted or missing (code 39)" Thanks for helping me....
Tags: