Windows 10: Windows cannot open start menu, taskbar items, cortana, or any windows 10 universal apps

Discus and support Windows cannot open start menu, taskbar items, cortana, or any windows 10 universal apps in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Settings won't open, cortana won't open, and the taskbar is always visible even in fullscreen mode. I ran a SFC system scan, nothing... when i open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by David_Luke, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Windows cannot open start menu, taskbar items, cortana, or any windows 10 universal apps

Settings won't open, cortana won't open, and the taskbar is always visible even in fullscreen mode.

I ran a SFC system scan, nothing...

when i open a windows store app, it gives this error message:

explorer.exe

class not registered

:)

David_Luke, Jul 17, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 17, 2018
  3. eidairaman1, Jul 17, 2018
  4. Windows cannot open start menu, taskbar items, cortana, or any windows 10 universal apps

"Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and the taskbar" Registry in Windows 10

Hi Willy,

Before we assist further, did you try enabling/disabling the option from system
    Settings window?

If haven’t tried, try enabling/disabling “Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and the taskbar” by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard to open
      Settings
      window.
    • Select Personalization and click on Start from the left side panel of the window.
    • From the right side panel of the window, slide the toggle bar to
      On
      /Off under Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of registry fix to disable start and taskbar list shown on the computer in the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

Windows cannot open start menu, taskbar items, cortana, or any windows 10 universal apps

1. Windows cannot open start menu, taskbar items, cortana, or any windows 10 universal apps - Similar Threads - cannot open start

2. Windows 10 - Cannot open start menu, search with Cortana, and use other taskbar buttons

in Cortana
    Windows 10 - Cannot open start menu, search with Cortana, and use other taskbar buttons: Hello,I am unable to view the start menu when pressing the windows button both physically and on the left of the taskbar, nor can I use other taskbar buttons like the notification box, volume scrollbar, Cortana search, etc. I found several Microsoft threads relating to this...
  3. Windows 10 - Cannot open start menu, search with Cortana, and use other taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Cannot open start menu, search with Cortana, and use other taskbar buttons: Hello,I am unable to view the start menu when pressing the windows button both physically and on the left of the taskbar, nor can I use other taskbar buttons like the notification box, volume scrollbar, Cortana search, etc. I found several Microsoft threads relating to this...
  4. Windows 10 - Cannot open start menu, search with Cortana, and use other taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Start menu, cortana and app store will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu, cortana and app store will not open: My Windows key and the windows logo on my screen will not open the start menu. If I right click on the Windows log I get that menu with settings etc but not the list of Apps when I left click. Also if I select Cortana it starts to open I get a blank box with Cortana at the...
  6. Start menu, cortana and app store will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu, cortana and app store will not open: My Windows key and the windows logo on my screen will not open the start menu. If I right click on the Windows log I get that menu with settings etc but not the list of Apps when I left click. Also if I select Cortana it starts to open I get a blank box with Cortana at the...
  7. Start menu, cortana and app store will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Start Menu, Search, Cortana and other taskbar Items not working

in Cortana
    Start Menu, Search, Cortana and other taskbar Items not working: I had this problem before that whenever I am clicking the mouse pointer on start button it isn't working. I had updated windows and nothing worked. Had to reset. It has been 3 times now. Please Help....
  9. Start menu and other taskbar items won't open

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu and other taskbar items won't open: Hello, For some reason, my Start menu won't open, by both mouse or keyboard button. Other taskbar items (bottom right icons) aren't opening either, e.g. battery info, wifi menu, audio settings, calendar/clock, and messages. However, I can open the tray only. I tried...
  10. Start Menu and Cortana Not Opening - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu and Cortana Not Opening - Windows 10: My start menu will not work in Windows 10. Cortana/Search also doesn't work. When I click it, it does nothing. If I right click on my search bar, I see a bunch of options like "Disk Management" and "Control Panel." These are clickable, except for "Search," which does...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can not open items from cortana