Windows 10: Windows can't access UEFI after converting to BIOS and Disk gets Invalid

Discus and support Windows can't access UEFI after converting to BIOS and Disk gets Invalid in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Summarized - I was trying to install Windows 24H2 on my old Acer Aspire V5-571P, which previously installed Windows 11 23H2 smoothly. However, I'm now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by damn daffodil, Jun 23, 2024.

1. Windows can't access UEFI after converting to BIOS and Disk gets Invalid

Summarized - I was trying to install Windows 24H2 on my old Acer Aspire V5-571P, which previously installed Windows 11 23H2 smoothly. However, I'm now encountering "operating system not found" errors. I've tried using Ventoy to create a bootable USB, changing BIOS settings from UEFI to Legacy, and enabling various options, but nothing works. I can't access BIOS and all repair options fail. Command prompt shows my disk 0 as invalid and dynamic. My next step is to install Ubuntu and then dual boot with Windows 11. Any help would be appreciated.Complete - I attempted to install Windows 24H2 on my

:)

damn daffodil, Jun 23, 2024
  2. Brink Win User

Convert Windows 10 from Legacy BIOS to UEFI without Data Loss  

Here it is:

Brink, Jun 23, 2024
  3. GTS-NJ Win User
    Convert BIOS to Uefi

It's not possible to "convert from BIOS to UEFI" if UEFI was not built into the hardware. Your laptop is an older model that probably pre-dates common use of UEFI.

GTS-NJ, Jun 23, 2024
  4. dgb278 Win User

Windows can't access UEFI after converting to BIOS and Disk gets Invalid

Windows 10 - Converting BIOS to UEFI

Hello. I have the current version of Windows 10 and a motherboard that supports UEFI, but is currently using BIOS. I want to convert from BIOS to UEFI. I understand that there are two main processes involved. Changing the HDD from MBR to GPT and changing
    the motherboard settings from BIOS to UEFI. I was going to use the recently available Microsoft tool MBR2GPT.EXE, however a Microsoft article states the tool cannot be used if a disk has more than three partitions. Mine for some reason has two system reserved
    partitions. One is shown as F: System Reserved , capacity is 100MB, used space is 31.89MB and the status is "none". The other one is shown as *: System Reserved, capacity is 100MB, used space is 30.83MB and the status is "system". I have a System partition
    (CWindows can't access UEFI after converting to BIOS and Disk gets Invalid :) and a Data partition (DWindows can't access UEFI after converting to BIOS and Disk gets Invalid :).

I would like to know how I can convert BIOS to UEFI without losing my data or having to re-install Windows 10. All advice will be appreciated.

dgb278, Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

Windows can't access UEFI after converting to BIOS and Disk gets Invalid

1. Windows can't access UEFI after converting to BIOS and Disk gets Invalid - Similar Threads - can't access UEFI

2. Windows can't access UEFI after converting to BIOS and Disk gets Invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows can't access UEFI after converting to BIOS and Disk gets Invalid: Summarized - I was trying to install Windows 24H2 on my old Acer Aspire V5-571P, which previously installed Windows 11 23H2 smoothly. However, I'm now encountering "operating system not found" errors. I've tried using Ventoy to create a bootable USB, changing BIOS settings...
  3. I cannot access bios or UEFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access bios or UEFI: I do not know if i am asking at the correct place, but i cannot access my bios or use uefi to. When i launch my PC windows 10, i click the backspace, but it does not lead to bios. it instaed leads to something else, where it gives mutiply options, but none leading to bios....
  4. How to convert BIOS TO UEFI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to convert BIOS TO UEFI: Good evening folks. I have Lenovo Thick Pad T450. BIOS Legacy. How can l convert the BIOS to UEFI? without reinstalling windows?Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-bios-to-uefi/f67fb0ed-5919-497e-a1c6-12fe56891b57
  5. Absolutely unable to access UEFI/BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Absolutely unable to access UEFI/BIOS: Hello, I am trying to access UEFI/BIOS to enable Virtualization, my BIOS mode is indeed UEFI, I turned off fast start-up mode, I have done all of the ways I could find to access UEFI but it just doesn't show up as an option in troubleshooting. I need help to access UEFI....
  6. Can't access BIOS after UEFI experiment

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't access BIOS after UEFI experiment: This Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E335 was originally supplied as a BIOS/MBR system with the ability to reconfigure as UEFI. Mainly out of curiosity I recently tried that and it worked fine, but having satisfied my curiosity I decided to revert to MBR. The process required a few BIOS...
  7. Convert legacy bios to uefi on old fashioned install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Convert legacy bios to uefi on old fashioned install: I know to convert legacy bios to uefi using mbr2gpt IF the legacy bios has a separate system partition but it does not work for old fashioned legacy bios installs where there is not a separate partition. I also know how to do it the older way with Macrium Reflect i.e. image...
  8. Convert legacy bios to uefi on old fashioned install

in Windows 10 Support
    Convert legacy bios to uefi on old fashioned install: I know to convert legacy bios to uefi using mbr2gpt IF the legacy bios has a separate system partition but it does not work for old fashioned legacy bios installs where there is not a separate partition. I also know how to do it the older way with Macrium Reflect i.e. image...
  9. Convert Non UEFI to UEFI?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Convert Non UEFI to UEFI?: I will be replacing (Upgrading) the motherboard (and CPU) in my desktop in the near future. The current Win 10 is not UEFI. Can it be converted to UEFI (GPT) or do I have to do a "clean" install to get UEFI? I assume the answer is NO, but wanted to check. 69592
  10. Converting System to UEFI to support 4TB disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Converting System to UEFI to support 4TB disk: Just converted my systems to Windows 10. Working well, so far. I would like to install 4TB disks on a couple of the systems and understand that I need to use UEFI. Looks like my ASUS P8Z68-U GEN 3 MB supports UEFI, but I don't understand how to enable it. The other system...