Windows 10: Windows can't auto close Skype on shutdown

Discus and support Windows can't auto close Skype on shutdown in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When i shutdown windows Skype will not automatically close, giving me the error in the picture below. I have to manually right click on the Skype icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by subby, Nov 30, 2015.

1. subby Win User

Windows can't auto close Skype on shutdown

When i shutdown windows Skype will not automatically close, giving me the error in the picture below. I have to manually right click on the Skype icon in the system tray and quit it, then shutdown windows again. It's a hassle.

I've reinstalled Skype.
    I'm running latest version of windows 1511 and all upto date.
    I'm using the Skype desktop app, on a desktop pc, in desktop mode.

Windows can't auto close Skype on shutdown [​IMG]

:)

subby, Nov 30, 2015
  2. PoisnFang Win User

Windows Reopens applications after Shutdown.

Ok so I did the creators update and now whenever I shutdown or restart:

Windows will boot and when I login it will reopen anything I didn't have closed before I shut it down, like my skype for business. (It does not close the application properly before rebooting)

This also seems to be isolated to just the start menu options for shutdown and restart. If I shutdown or restart using Alt+F4 from that menu it will shutdown and reboot normally.

I have fastboot off,

I have hibernate off,

I have my skype turn off in task manager for startup... (it is more then just my S4B, it could be edge, or task manager, or any application wont actually get closed during the shutdown process)

So what is the problem?

PoisnFang, Nov 30, 2015
  3. Spud2017 Win User
    Windows 10 taskbar won't hide

If you have a Skype window open, close the window and the taskbar should start auto-hiding! Was just having the same issue until I closed down the Skype window which was only open because Windows 10 opens it automatically even though I never use Skype! Apparently
    Skype keeps the taskbar bar up so that it can notify you if someone has messaged you.

Hope this helps someone because this issue has been annoying me for weeks!

Spud2017, Nov 30, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

Just a thought - Skype is now built into the latest version of W10 so it is possible you will not need the Skype Desktop app. By the way I could not see the image you posted.

philc43, Dec 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows can't auto close Skype on shutdown - Similar Threads - can't auto close

2. Auto shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto shutdown: Lost again two days of crunching numbers because of MS's stupid decision to reboot my computer overnight for an auto update which failed anyway .I stopped hoping that they will hire competent managers anytime soon. Instead, I wonder when there will be a real company that will...
  3. Auto shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto shutdown: Lost again two days of crunching numbers because of MS's stupid decision to reboot my computer overnight for an auto update which failed anyway .I stopped hoping that they will hire competent managers anytime soon. Instead, I wonder when there will be a real company that will...
  4. Auto shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Auto-close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto-close: Please help.I have a issue, in-short, when my apps freeze, e.x. games, it turns to "Not responding." and after 3-4 seconds a white frame appears in left top corner, as I remember it gave me choice to close the app, but then the app just closes instantly, not even giving a...
  6. Auto-close

Auto-close: Please help.I have a issue, in-short, when my apps freeze, e.x. games, it turns to "Not responding." and after 3-4 seconds a white frame appears in left top corner, as I remember it gave me choice to close the app, but then the app just closes instantly, not even giving a...
  7. Auto Shutdown Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto Shutdown Windows 10: I have a Dell G5 SE 5505 gaming laptop and while I am using it when it is unplugged from the battery. It is really unpredictable. And then, when I do F2 boot options and scan hardware, then nothing comes up. In addition to that, the time the battery last has dropped from 5...
  8. Auto Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Shutdown: Is they a way to shut down my windows 10 computer every night at 11pm? I do not have a password to log into windows and sometimes the computer is in sleep mode at that time. Is there a way to do this with these things going on. Tried different programs but nothing seems to...
  9. window 10 auto shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    window 10 auto shutdown: How do I change the auto shut down on window 10. I would like it to stay on for 30 minutes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-auto-shutdown/2def7243-e1d8-49ae-97e5-a44aba5111b2
  10. How to close Skype

How to close Skype: I'm running build 10240 Pro with no problems except 1: the only way I can close Skype is with TaskManager. None of the other methods work - it always remains active. I've tried the Skype options for End and Quit, Alt-F4, all of the various command line options out there, and...