Windows 10: Windows can't connect to home Wi-Fi but other devices can

Discus and support Windows can't connect to home Wi-Fi but other devices can in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have my home Wi-Fi and then my ISP provides a backup Wi-Fi that lets me uses other modems (other people's) from the same ISP to have a backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Paulo27, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Paulo27 Win User

Windows can't connect to home Wi-Fi but other devices can

I have my home Wi-Fi and then my ISP provides a backup Wi-Fi that lets me uses other modems (other people's) from the same ISP to have a backup connection when needed. Yesterday I switched from my home's to the backup to test some things but then I wasn't able to reconnect to my home Wi-Fi at all (I believe my home Wi-Fi was having some issues yesterday right around the time I was testing things since none of my others devices could connect to it). I thought it was no big deal, just some connection issues that'll eventually be fixed.
    Comes today and these connection issues seem fixed on every device except my computer, my home Wi-Fi wasn't showing up at all but my backup Wi-Fi still works fine.
    Tried resetting the modem multiple times but no luck, every other device still works except my computer.
    Tried disabling/uninstalling my network adapters on device manager and this seemed to let me view my home Wi-Fi temporarily but when I tried to connect to it it'd try to connect for a few seconds but after that the list of available connections would go empty and the Wi-Fi symbol on the taskbar would turn into the one you get when you disable the network adapter, then a couple seconds later the symbol would go back to normal and it'd say the connection failed.
    Having the device manager open while trying to connect would also make it blink when the symbol changed (as if the adapter potentially crashed or something I guess).
    I then tried to do a full reset of my settings and network adapters (Settings > Network > Status > Reset Network) but still, home Wi-Fi isn't showing up, tried to repeat the above and got the same result with it appearing to disable the network adapter while it was trying to connect.
    Oh, also tried to add the connection manually but again, no luck.

My network adapter is Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377.

Appreciate any help, thanks.

:)

Paulo27, Dec 1, 2017
  2. Hakodon Win User

Wi-Fi Connection Error. Can't Connect to One Specific Wi-Fi

Windows10. There are some usable Wi-Fi in a house, but I cannot connect to one specific Wi-Fi. When I try to connect that Wi-Fi it says "can't connect this network" even though my phone and other devices can connect to that Wi-Fi. If I unplug the Wi-Fi
    router and re-plug in after 10 to 15 second, I can connect that Wi-Fi. However, it sometimes stops suddenly while I am using that. Then I need to reconnect to that Wi-Fi but can't do it unless unplug and re-plug in again. I tried troubleshooting but didn't
    work. I can use and connect to other Wi-Fi but I don't know why this specific Wi-Fi can't be connected.

Hakodon, Dec 1, 2017
  3. Win 10 wifi connect

Recently updated to win 10 home from win 7 home premium. Can't connect with Wi-Fi. Previously my laptop only conneted with Wi-Fi easily. Should I have to connect it through pppoe first or can connect to Wi-Fi directly? Please help.

SantanuSarkarbrp, Dec 1, 2017
  4. Paulo27 Win User

I seem to have been able to connect by downloading and installing Wireless LAN_Intel_18.33.0.1_W10x64_A which I found on my laptop make's website (also attempted to install Wireless LAN_Atheros_12.0.0.191_W10x64_A but no luck).
    I am currently unsure if the problem has been fully fixed however as when I tried to connect after installing that the same issue with the adapter seeming to get disabled happened but it did so before asking for the password to the Wi-Fi, and when it got enabled the field with the password showed up and I was able to connect that way.

And after restarting the laptop it seems it's still connected just fine. I feel like I'm not entirely satisfied with this solution as it seems a bit odd, especially given how the problem just appeared randomly but it seems to be fixed for now so I'll mark this as solved.
    If anyone has any comments or ideas, again, I'd appreciate them.

Paulo27, Dec 1, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows can't connect to home Wi-Fi but other devices can - Similar Threads - can't connect home

2. Laptop can connect to other Wi-Fi but not mine, while other devices can connect to my Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop can connect to other Wi-Fi but not mine, while other devices can connect to my Wi-Fi: Hello there! Recently, I got a fresh hard drive for my laptop, and I've been having some difficulties connecting to the internet.As the title says, I can connect to other Wi-Fi connections, but my home Wi-Fi is not showing up in the list of available networks. Before the new...
  3. Laptop can connect to other Wi-Fi but not mine, while other devices can connect to my Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop can connect to other Wi-Fi but not mine, while other devices can connect to my Wi-Fi: Hello there! Recently, I got a fresh hard drive for my laptop, and I've been having some difficulties connecting to the internet.As the title says, I can connect to other Wi-Fi connections, but my home Wi-Fi is not showing up in the list of available networks. Before the new...
  4. Laptop can connect to other Wi-Fi but not mine, while other devices can connect to my Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My Wi-Fi is connected but won't connect to the internet. Other devices connected can...

My Wi-Fi is connected but won't connect to the internet. Other devices connected can...: Other devices connect just fine to the network. I've reset the network settings, I've rebooted the router. Only thing that works is bridging a network from router - phone - laptop. Please help me....
  6. My Wi-Fi is connected but won't connect to the internet. Other devices connected can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Wi-Fi is connected but won't connect to the internet. Other devices connected can...: Other devices connect just fine to the network. I've reset the network settings, I've rebooted the router. Only thing that works is bridging a network from router - phone - laptop. Please help me....
  7. My Wi-Fi is connected but won't connect to the internet. Other devices connected can...

8. Laptop can't access wi-fi but other devices can

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop can't access wi-fi but other devices can: My laptop suddenly couldn't access our internet connection even if it was connected to the router. I checked and the other devices in our house can use the internet properly. I already tried solutions mentioned in articles resetting connection settings, uninstalling and...
  9. Laptop can't access wi-fi but other devices can

Laptop can't access wi-fi but other devices can: My laptop suddenly couldn't access our internet connection even if it was connected to the router. I checked and the other devices in our house can use the internet properly. I already tried solutions mentioned in articles resetting connection settings, uninstalling and...
  10. Can"t connect to my home wi fi but others can

Can"t connect to my home wi fi but others can: Greetings I have an issue connecting to my home wi fi but others can. I tried going into forget network and reinstalling network drivers. When I try to connect to my friends network it"s working without a problem. Also it"s working connecting via hotspot....