Windows 10: Windows Can't Find Target

Discus and support Windows Can't Find Target in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I successfully used regedit to clear annoying proliferating blue arrows (bottom left) from flashdrive folders and desktop icons (shortcuts) on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PaulMo, Aug 20, 2017.

1. PaulMo Win User

Windows Can't Find Target

Hi. I successfully used regedit to clear annoying proliferating blue arrows (bottom left) from flashdrive folders and desktop icons (shortcuts) on my desktop. My notebook is another story.

Desktop - success, everything works normally including my flashdrive.

Notebook - insert flashdrive can't open certain folders - and I get the 'Windows Can't Find Target' warning when right clicking to open.

Note that this behaviour is not seen on all folders. I can open some folders on my flashdrive normally. Whereas others refuse to open.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks,
    Paul.

Win 10 x64

:)

PaulMo, Aug 20, 2017
  2. mrolff Win User

Installing Nokia Maps on N95

Well I can't find it anywhere under programs.

I also tried to install "Maploader" on my PC and that doesn't work either. When I start the program (a windows shortcut) it can't find the target file (maploader.exe I guess).

So not having much luck.

mrolff, Aug 20, 2017
  3. OS 2008 won't install on my N800. Is it really available?

..and the most desperating thing: i just can't find the 'change' button among the wizard to manually target the flash file..

flasher---01, Aug 20, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, here's a far safer and fully reversible way to deal with what I assume you are referring to is the shortcut arrow - there to distinguish shortcuts from files and folders:

Windows Can't Find Target [​IMG]

Free tweaker with full explanation via link.

Also one of tenforum's vast library of tutorials - which you'll probably find does exactly the same as the above.
    Shortcut Arrow Icon - Change, Remove, or Restore in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

I would hesitate to comment on your laptop if you have perhaps been changing things in the registry. Have you, and do you think there's any correlation with your problem?

dalchina, Aug 20, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    With the flashdrive inserted in the notebook, try right-clicking on a desktop shortcut that works and select 'Properties'. Note the drive letter it uses. Now do the same for a shortcut that doesn't work, does it use the same drive letter?

I suspect that the reason some shortcuts don't work is that the flashdrive had a different drive letter when you first made that shortcut. If so, you can edit it to give it the right drive letter,

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Can't Find Target - Similar Threads - Can't Find Target

2. User Profile Folders - Restore, Move and Find Target Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Folders - Restore, Move and Find Target Missing: I am in a pinch. I have some users in a domain that I need to move the 'Documents' Folder to another location. However when I go to the Location tab, the buttons to do dis are missing. Some users are OK and some are not. I looked into the GPO and containers and cannot find...
  3. User Profile Folders - Restore, Move and Find Target Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Profile Folders - Restore, Move and Find Target Missing: I am in a pinch. I have some users in a domain that I need to move the 'Documents' Folder to another location. However when I go to the Location tab, the buttons to do dis are missing. Some users are OK and some are not. I looked into the GPO and containers and cannot find...
  4. User Profile Folders - Restore, Move and Find Target Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. windows can't find

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows can't find: so this error keeps popping up by itself without me pressing anything I mean. and I can't find the file mentioned in the path.so I have tried the following solutions:1-writing sfc /scannow in elevated command prompt then enter2-writing DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image...
  6. windows can't find sonis.vbs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows can't find sonis.vbs: windows can't find sonis.vbs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cant-find-sonisvbs/5cded839-5859-4c17-aeaf-b84ae2733ade
  7. It shows up everytime I boot my pc. Can't find anything in target folder and antivirus...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It shows up everytime I boot my pc. Can't find anything in target folder and antivirus...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/islandnstuff [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gncfm2/it_shows_up_everytime_i_boot_my_pc_cant_find/
  8. establish target

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    establish target: Hi, hope ur all well. The code below creates a dropdown. I select a record from my database and that record is displayed showing my username, password, etc. or that record and a link to that target(url). Thee times visited(visits) and date and time last visited(lastused) but...
  9. Can't tuning network communication between host and target Windows machines

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't tuning network communication between host and target Windows machines: My goal is tuning the connection between my host machine with Windows 10 and my target or guest machine inside Virtual Box with Windows 10 too (is downloaded from microsoft resource). Both Windows 10 are inside my notebook with internet connection through Wi-Fi. I have...
  10. Finding the target file of a keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Finding the target file of a keyboard shortcut: Short version of my question: I'd like to change a keyboard shortcut that starts an app, but I've forgotten the location of the shortcut file that is targeted by the relevant keystrokes. How can I change the keyboard shortcut? Longer version of my question: I originally set...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cant find target

2. windows cant find the target

3. winsows cant find target