Windows 10: Windows causing connection problems

Discus and support Windows causing connection problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having trouble connecting to my IP Camera remotely via my laptop. I have the camera set up properly along with port forwarding. I am trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fm3391, May 26, 2016.

1. fm3391 Win User

Windows causing connection problems

I am having trouble connecting to my IP Camera remotely via my laptop. I have the camera set up properly along with port forwarding. I am trying to connect like so: http://mypublicip:8090. If I go to this address on my Android phone that is connected to the same LAN I can connect without issue. If I use my Windows 10 laptop, none of my browsers can connect. I get the following error (IP has been x'd out):
    This site can’t be reached

xxx.xxx.xx.xx refused to connect.

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

:)

fm3391, May 26, 2016

2. start menu stopped working

Cannot get start menu to pop up. Worked till yesterday, now won't. Turned off computer and back on - still won't work

problems-problems, May 26, 2016
  3. causing Win User
    HELP... how to recover copyrighted files

how much is the cost if i will repair the phone?with warranty?

causing, May 26, 2016
  4. wyldman68 Win User

Open the port 8090 in your Windows Firewall. I doubt that port is open, by default. I could see 8080 as being open.

wyldman68, May 26, 2016
  5. fm3391 Win User
    Should this be an inbound or outbound rule? I tried both with no luck.

fm3391, May 26, 2016
  6. wyldman68 Win User
    It should be an Outbound rule. Can you ping the IP of the camera?

wyldman68, May 27, 2016
  7. wyldman68 Win User
    Also, add the IP to Internet Options\Security\Trusted Sites\Sites in IE or Edge.

wyldman68, May 27, 2016
  8. fm3391 Win User

Still no luck. *Sad I added "mypublicip:8090" as a trusted site but still not connecting. I can send screenshots if needed. Also, I can ping "mypublicip" and get a response but "mypublicip:8090" says it couldn't find host.

fm3391, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows causing connection problems - Similar Threads - causing connection problems

2. Update KB5029263 causes connectivity problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update KB5029263 causes connectivity problems: After installing the KB5029263 update I am experiencing multiple connectivity issues. Both machines described below had the KB5029263 update installed and are on the same network.* RDP to another machine on the same network frequently disconnects, with connections often...
  3. Update KB5029263 causes connectivity problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update KB5029263 causes connectivity problems: After installing the KB5029263 update I am experiencing multiple connectivity issues. Both machines described below had the KB5029263 update installed and are on the same network.* RDP to another machine on the same network frequently disconnects, with connections often...
  4. Bluetooth Adapter causing problem in connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Adapter causing problem in connecting: Hello Microsoft Support,I have a PC without the Bluetooth feature in it. For it, I ordered a Bluetooth adapter when I purchased the PC. It was all working fine until I gave it a break of nearly a year or so. I thought the problem would be with the adapter, so I order a new...
  5. Bluetooth Adapter causing problem in connecting

Bluetooth Adapter causing problem in connecting: Hello Microsoft Support,I have a PC without the Bluetooth feature in it. For it, I ordered a Bluetooth adapter when I purchased the PC. It was all working fine until I gave it a break of nearly a year or so. I thought the problem would be with the adapter, so I order a new...
  6. Windows 11 causing problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 causing problems: I've been through several restarts for updates in Windows 11 today, but nothing shows under Update History, so I can't unwind them, The result of the updates has been slowing my computer to a crawl and strange things like can't open Settings or a right click on the taskbar...
  7. Windows 11 causing problems

Windows 11 causing problems: I've been through several restarts for updates in Windows 11 today, but nothing shows under Update History, so I can't unwind them, The result of the updates has been slowing my computer to a crawl and strange things like can't open Settings or a right click on the taskbar...
  8. Windows Updates Cause Problems

Windows Updates Cause Problems: Windows 10 updates prevent PC form starting. Any way to resolves this? MS Tech service is ignorant and of no help at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-cause-problems/e819e8ae-7372-4a82-8367-546dbc7b9f09
  9. Windows Updates Cause Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates Cause Problems: Windows 10 updates prevent PC form starting. Any way to resolves this? MS Tech service is ignorant and of no help at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-cause-problems/e819e8ae-7372-4a82-8367-546dbc7b9f09
  10. Windows 10, v1909 update causes Windows Store Connection Problems

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10, v1909 update causes Windows Store Connection Problems: On my Dell Optiplex 9010 Desktop and my HP Pavillion DM4 Laptop I have experience network communications errors in Microsoft Store and Onenote for Windows 10 after Windows Update installed Windows 10, v1909 update. After Uninstalling the update the problem was fixed. Anyone...