Windows 10: Windows changes any fullscreen to maximum brightness

Discus and support Windows changes any fullscreen to maximum brightness in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, my Windows Notebook made some Updates yesterday and today it changes the display brightness to maximum whenever a programm in fullscreen comes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SveE_75, Jul 12, 2018.

1. SveE_75 Win User

Windows changes any fullscreen to maximum brightness

Hello,

my Windows Notebook made some Updates yesterday and today it changes the display brightness to maximum whenever a programm in fullscreen comes into focus. This applies to videos (VLC/Mediaplayer) as well as my browser (Youtube-videos and so on) and games. Brightness can be reduced when program is in focus and stays adjusted until any fullscreen is in focus again, even the same program. Updates and System Drivers are up to date. Automatic adaptive brightness adjustment (or how the option is called in english) is completely disabled. Any ideas on what can be the reason for this pain in the eyes?

:)

SveE_75, Jul 12, 2018

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Swapna S Win User
    Changing laptop brightness.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might be related to Display adapter.

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask few questions:

1) How exactly you are trying to change the screen brightness?

2) Do you get any error message, when trying to change the brightness?

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: updating the display adapter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Expand the Display adapter.
    • Right click on the driver and select
      Update driver software
    For more information, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...d4-a109-221bd8a32fca/change-screen-brightness

Please get back to us, if you are facing issue
    in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Windows changes any fullscreen to maximum brightness

monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows changes any fullscreen to maximum brightness

1. Windows changes any fullscreen to maximum brightness - Similar Threads - changes fullscreen maximum

2. Brightness increases to maximum.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness increases to maximum.: My eyes are sensitive to light, so I work with my Dell laptop at minimum brightness.But as I switch on my dell laptop every morning, 5 out of 10 times, while the laptop is booting, the brightness gets suddenly to maximum 0 to 100% by itself. Immediately after the booting is...
  3. Brightness increases to maximum.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness increases to maximum.: My eyes are sensitive to light, so I work with my Dell laptop at minimum brightness.But as I switch on my dell laptop every morning, 5 out of 10 times, while the laptop is booting, the brightness gets suddenly to maximum 0 to 100% by itself. Immediately after the booting is...
  4. Brightness is increasing to maximum level and it is not decreasing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness is increasing to maximum level and it is not decreasing: While watching vlc media player in full screen mode my brightness is increasing to maximum level and always I want restart to decrease brightness and some black mark is appearing above brightness bar[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  5. brightness bug on fullscreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    brightness bug on fullscreen: Hi, i have a problem with all my apps on full screen like photoshop or zbrush, my screen's brightness is changed form 100% to 60% at sight. I checked all parameters about brightness in display's settings and the settings about energy and performance ratio. I can not found...
  6. Change the maximum brightness

Change the maximum brightness: I set the maximum brightness to 90% on battery a while ago and now windows removed the setting to change it so is there a way to fix that? Thank you submitted by /u/fairlylocal2 [link] [comments]...
  7. Is there any way to create a keyboard shortcut to change the "Maximum processor state" of...

Is there any way to create a keyboard shortcut to change the "Maximum processor state" of...: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/ftp9amvmaar41.png?width=403&format=png&auto=webp&s=3a7858f9f2040f16ecc8fd6f85e9e7201a0ed3f2 submitted by /u/N7_Destroyer [link] [comments]...
  8. Brightness goes to maximum automatically whenever I fullscreen something .

Brightness goes to maximum automatically whenever I fullscreen something .: Hello , so Ive had this issue from a few updates ago , first happened around 2 months ago I finished doing an update and turned the laptop off , and after two days or so I realized that whenever I put something on Fullscreen the brightness went to maximum on its own and even...
  9. Cannot change the brightness in any way

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change the brightness in any way: Hello everyone, at one day suddenly I realized that I cannot change the brightness even I press the brightness change button. Later on I realized there is no option available in my power settings place for brightness change in task bar. Later on I went to setting and display...
  10. Windows 10. Screen brightness is locked at maximum capacity. Won't let me change it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10. Screen brightness is locked at maximum capacity. Won't let me change it.: The brightness of my laptop Acer Aspire E15 blocked at the maximum level. I can't change it in the Power settings or using the Fn key. In the settings of the Display Parameters the scale with the engine also disappeared. This is regardless of whether it is connected to the AC...