Windows 10: Windows Classic Look Theme in Windows 10

Discus and support Windows Classic Look Theme in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Is the Windows Classic Look Theme (the theme introduced in Windows 95) included in Windows 10 release version? If not, is there a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Yaron, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Yaron Win User

Windows Classic Look Theme in Windows 10

Hello,

Is the Windows Classic Look Theme (the theme introduced in Windows 95) included in Windows 10 release version?
    If not, is there a way to integrate the theme and have it work properly?

I assume the Quick Launch bar is still available in Windows 10. Correct?

Thank you.

:)

Yaron, Jul 31, 2015

2. THEMES FOR WINDOWS 10

Check the link below ( copy & paste it in your browser address bar):

How to Get Classic-Style Themes Back on Windows 8 or 10

Thats all, but be noted that classic theme is no more used in win 8/10, nor does it improve the performance too. Instead stick to the provided theme.

As many others have pointed out online, the default theme ("provided theme") has little contrast between windows in front vs. windows behind... and with so much black and white with almost invisible pastels and tiny borders... it's slower recognition of
    what you're looking to click on, to switch between windows. Especially for those of us who work with up to 20 windows open, it... slows... us... down.

The "Windows Classic" theme resolved a lot of that. (Aside: except for window border width--you had to make an advanced change from Personalization, to increase windows border width--but with Windows 10, windows border width is no longer customizable.)
    Some of us think the previous interface designers did a great job; the contrasts and boundaries and clear colors all made recognition time easier, smoother, faster. So for us, the "Windows Classic" theme does improve performance... performance of the human
    being.

Therefore, back to the question: is there any way to get to the "Windows Classic" theme, or any chance the "Windows Classic" theme will be made available for windows 10?

Doug_Ivison, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Windows 10 themes

There are no 3rd party app. The themes I use are all windows themes. For example in windows 7 if you look at the themes there are 3 categories of themes. Aero themes which has a default of 7 items. Installed themes which has 1 default item and basic and
    high contrast themes which has 6 items. The only themes that will work correctly with the magnifier tool are windows 7 basic and windows classic which is under the basic and high contrast category. In windows 10 all themes that are on laptop or imported from
    Microsoft web site do not work well with the magnifier too when using the magnifier as I described in the last email. All windows 10 themes work just like windows 7 themes that are not under the basic and high contrast category. If you look at each theme in
    windows 7 there is a lens in front of each theme except for the windows 7 basic and the windows classic. I am not sure the meaning of the lens is but what ever it is it affects the magnifier too. I hope this makes sense.

lawrencerobbert, Jul 31, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

5. YOU
    You Win User
    There is no longer an official Classic Theme, but I'm sure that someone will eventually develop a custom Windows Classic theme.

6. Yaron Win User
    Hello You,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I really appreciate it.

I'd read that article, and that's why I've posted. *Smile
    - Are you using the latest version? If positive, could you please check it on your machine?
    (I agree it's not likely to change; just to make sure).

I've set the Quick Launch Bar on my Win 7 machine. Good to know it's still available in 10.

Best regards.

Yaron, Jul 31, 2015
  7. YOU
    You Win User
  8. Yaron Win User

Hello You,

Thanks again. Very kind of you.

Best regards.

Yaron, Jul 31, 2015
  9. Yaron Win User
    Just read your last reply. Thank you. *Smile

Yaron, Jul 31, 2015
  10. Edwin New Member
    It works in W10, looks kinda crappy but it works! *Wink

Windows Classic Look Theme in Windows 10 [​IMG]

It's almost like a High Contrast Theme only better in some areas!

Edwin, Jul 31, 2015
  11. Edwin New Member
    Wait a minute! It is a High Contrast Theme in W10 but I'm on to something pretty cool so hang on! *Wink

Edwin, Jul 31, 2015
  12. Yaron Win User
    Hello Edwin,

Thank you as well. I appreciate it.
    Looks good but it's not the Real McCoy. *Smile I guess I'll be waiting for a while.

Best regards.

Yaron, Jul 31, 2015
  13. Edwin New Member

Doable though! Actually gives Modern Apps a colored title bar and white text!

Edwin, Jul 31, 2015
  14. Yaron Win User
    Thanks again Edwin.

If a better theme (i.e. closer to Classic) comes out, please update.

Best regards.

Yaron, Aug 1, 2015
  15. Yaron Win User
    Hello gentlemen,

I've come across this post (originally here).

Could anyone test it in Windows 10?
    - I'd be grateful.

Best regards.

Yaron, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows Classic Look Theme in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Classic Theme

2. want to change win 11 into classical theme UI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    want to change win 11 into classical theme UI: Want to change win 11 into classical theme UI. Anyone know how?don't like the position and arrangement of new icon system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-change-win-11-into-classical-theme-ui/f3460970-58c4-4bb3-9be2-ca5090ee4636
  3. want to change win 11 into classical theme UI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    want to change win 11 into classical theme UI: Want to change win 11 into classical theme UI. Anyone know how?don't like the position and arrangement of new icon system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-change-win-11-into-classical-theme-ui/f3460970-58c4-4bb3-9be2-ca5090ee4636
  4. Why is there no Classic theme for Windows 8, 8.1, 10 and 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there no Classic theme for Windows 8, 8.1, 10 and 11?: I'm just curious why Classic theme is removed from Windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-no-classic-theme-for-windows-8-81-10/a0d16725-8dc2-4db9-908b-ddad2c74c9cc
  5. Why is there no Classic theme for Windows 8, 8.1, 10 and 11?

Why is there no Classic theme for Windows 8, 8.1, 10 and 11?: I'm just curious why Classic theme is removed from Windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-no-classic-theme-for-windows-8-81-10/a0d16725-8dc2-4db9-908b-ddad2c74c9cc
  6. Window server 2016 classic theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window server 2016 classic theme: Hi All,Would like to ask how to get the classic theme for window server 2016? my current selection is as pic below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-server-2016-classic-theme/2342dd7a-723d-40b5-abdf-b7326da8d424
  7. Window server 2016 classic theme

Window server 2016 classic theme: Hi All,Would like to ask how to get the classic theme for window server 2016? my current selection is as pic below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-server-2016-classic-theme/2342dd7a-723d-40b5-abdf-b7326da8d424
  8. Windows 10 Dark Theme not changing classic context menu and dropdown fields

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Dark Theme not changing classic context menu and dropdown fields: Many dropdown fields and context menus e.g. desktop right-click context menu and Audacity dropdowns are still left light. Shouldn't these be updated to the dark theme for consistency with the dark theme in Windows Explorer?If an app "doesn't fit" the dark context menu, that...
  9. Windows Classic Theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Classic Theme: Can you bring back the windows classic theme for windows 10? it would be cool to use the classic theme in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-classic-theme/17947d76-1f56-4052-b1a2-e954cea260e6
  10. Spam killing desktop window manager causes a classic theme to appear, and after a few...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spam killing desktop window manager causes a classic theme to appear, and after a few...: I was spamming taskkill /f /im dwm.exe into the command prompt by repeatedly pressing the up arrow key and enter, it left a blank screen for a few seconds then everything appeared, but not in the windows 10 style for apps that use compatibility vista and later or no...