Windows 10: Windows complains it's running out of memory with 6 GB free

Discus and support Windows complains it's running out of memory with 6 GB free in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My PC has 16 GB which I think should be enough to run a game and a video editing program concurrently but Windows complains it's running out of memory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by THX1138, Jul 6, 2017.

1. THX1138 Win User

Windows complains it's running out of memory with 6 GB free

My PC has 16 GB which I think should be enough to run a game and a video editing program concurrently but Windows complains it's running out of memory anyway with 6 GB free. I'm not making Pixar animations so I don't want to hear about how studio machines have 128 GB of memory. Hitfilm Express is using less than 300 MB at the moment and the game is something like 1.7-2 GB.

Screenshot: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

:)

THX1138, Jul 6, 2017

2. 6124 - no memory available

On my 6124 I have about 10MB of free phone memory and over 1 GB on the memory card, but still the phone sometimes complains it is running low on phone memory and that I should delete a few things. This happens even when nothing is running on the phone and
    it is just laying on my desk. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Derek_in_Kent, Jul 6, 2017
  3. iBall i701 windows 10 upgrade issue

Hi,

I own a iBall i701 tab and I downloaded the GetWindows10-Web_Default_Attr.exe file from the microsoft page. When I run the file, it says that I need 8 GB of free space to upgrade the device. Now this is not even possible because the device comes with a memory
    of 16 GB out of which only 11 GB is available for use and the OS (windows 8.1) uses more than 5-6 GB so all I am left is with 4-5 GB. I have inserted a 16 GB memory card but I dont know how to install using it. Kindly help as I dislike windows 8.1 on the tab
    and I want to use windows 10 only.

karanbhatt, Jul 6, 2017
  4. Raner Win User

I had the same issue a while back. Like you I'm running 16 Gigs of ram.
    To check what is going on, Just open the task manager and look a the memory column, Then scroll down to Runtime Broker.
    I'll bet you that is the percentage number is between 90 and 99% . If it is, You got a memory leak. You will have to disable apps running in the back ground one at a time. When you find it the Runtime Broker percentage will drop to around 10%.
    In my case onedrive was where the leak was. I don't use it, So I disabled it and I was off and running again...

Raner, Jul 6, 2017
  5. You are most likely running out of virtual memory. What is the size of your page file?

TairikuOkami, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows complains it's running out of memory with 6 GB free - Similar Threads - complains running memory

2. 2 gb memory available out of 128 gb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 gb memory available out of 128 gb: Trying to make sense of this - I have 128 gb ram installed, but windows can only use 2 gb. Have checked that they are physically well connected to the motherboard. Is this a bios problem, or could it be something else?Everything was working perfectly until I restarted the...
  3. 2 gb memory available out of 128 gb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 gb memory available out of 128 gb: Trying to make sense of this - I have 128 gb ram installed, but windows can only use 2 gb. Have checked that they are physically well connected to the motherboard. Is this a bios problem, or could it be something else?Everything was working perfectly until I restarted the...
  4. 2 gb memory available out of 128 gb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Running out of 256 GB SSD Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running out of 256 GB SSD Space: Windows 11 Pro, Version 22H2, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorHP Omen 25L Desktop GT12-0xxxAMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.59 GHz, 16.0 GB RAMWestern Digital 256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD with 44.3 GB Free I want to clone or make a duplicate copy of everything...
  6. Running out of space on 111 Gb Drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Running out of space on 111 Gb Drive: Hello, I am running Windows 10 1809 Pro N and it just updated yesterday. It then came up with a 1903 upgrade installation option. I have about 10 Gb left on my 111 Gb SSD C: drive. I've deleted files, used the Device Health and Performance as it had indicated that I was...
  7. Running out of space on 111 Gb Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running out of space on 111 Gb Drive: Hello, I am running Windows 10 1809 Pro N and it just updated yesterday. It then came up with a 1903 upgrade installation option. I have about 10 Gb left on my 111 Gb SSD C: drive. I've deleted files, used the Device Health and Performance as it had indicated that I was...
  8. uTorrent Running Out Of Memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uTorrent Running Out Of Memory: Hi, I'm using a validated copy of Windows 10 and I was using uTorrent today and suddenly I got a message that it ran out of memory. I've used uTorrent with Windows 10 quite a few times with no problem whatsoever. I tried deleting the torrent and then I tried another one. It...
  9. shows i have (2.99) out of (6)Gb

shows i have (2.99) out of (6)Gb: Hi im running windows 10 32bit I have 6gb of ram and it only shows i have (2.99) out of (6)Gb any idea how to fix 38247
  10. Out of Memory with plenty free????

Out of Memory with plenty free????: OK, I've got a decent PC here, but since the latest Windows Update and Nvidia driver update, I'm having a bit of an issue. Randomly, I will get an error that Windows is running out of memory and that I should close some programs to free RAM. Sadly, I usually have over...