Windows 10: windows copilot taskbar app now launching browser instead

Discus and support windows copilot taskbar app now launching browser instead in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As of yesterday my windows 11 23h2 23665.2776 copilot taskbar app is now launching the edge browser instead of the copilot conversational bot on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by myusrn, Dec 1, 2023.

1. myusrn Win User

windows copilot taskbar app now launching browser instead

As of yesterday my windows 11 23h2 23665.2776 copilot taskbar app is now launching the edge browser instead of the copilot conversational bot on the right side of my screen. Can anyone please help me diagnose and restore this functionality now to get my windows copilot experience back into action.

:)

myusrn, Dec 1, 2023

2. How to see all windows of an app in the taskbar instead of a list

Hello. I've recently done a clean install of Windows (Windows 10 Pro) and I noticed something that bothers me. In the taskbar, when I hover over an app I see the preview window (if there's just 1 window for that app) but when the app has more windows they show as a list (there's no preview).

windows copilot taskbar app now launching browser instead 307623d1606119111t-how-see-all-windows-app-taskbar-instead-list-ss-1.png

windows copilot taskbar app now launching browser instead 307624d1606119111t-how-see-all-windows-app-taskbar-instead-list-ss-2.png

I was wondering how to fix that?

Thanks

USS Enterprise, Dec 1, 2023
  3. Mark Kehn Win User
    Taskbar Disappears After Copilot is Opened

Hello Abdullah,

I did as you asked but the taskbar still disappeared after I clicked on the Copilot icon to open it up. Once again, I had to toggle the auto-hide taskbar option to get it back. I almost mentioned it the first time, but I am running with two monitors. My main monitor is where I clicked the Copilot icon and opened it and it is also where my taskbar disappears. The taskbar remains visible on my second monitor if that means anything.

EDIT: Just for the heck of it I tried launching Copilot from the second monitor instead; but because the Copilot window/sidebar cannot be physically moved to the second monitor, Copilot still opened on the main monitor and the taskbar on the main monitor disappeared again. /Shrug.

This isn't a game-breaker or anything, but I like always having my taskbar visible - the auto-hide setting annoys me - pops up when I don't mean for it to do so and not pop up when I expect it to. I guess until they get around to looking into this, I will just have to deal with it, but I don't really foresee myself using Copilot much anyway. So, I'm good, I guess.

EDIT AGAIN: I forgot that the Snipping Tool has been upgraded last year and allows screen recording now, so I made a screen recording you can watch to see this in action. I uploaded the 10.1mb video clip to my OneDrive and anyone can (should) be able to view it by clicking this link below.

Copilot Causing Taskbar to Disappear - Snipping Tool Recording 2023-09-30 201633.mp4

Mark Kehn, Dec 1, 2023
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft plans to bring Copilot to Windows 10

Read more: Exclusive: Microsoft will update Windows 10 with new AI Copilot soon | Windows Central See also: Announcing Microsoft Copilot, your everyday AI companion | Windows 11 Forum

Brink, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

1. windows copilot taskbar app now launching browser instead - Similar Threads - copilot taskbar app

2. > Full Copilot with NO Browser Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    > Full Copilot with NO Browser Open: Let's say: Any or all > No browser is open> Designer icon is not in Edge sidebar> Edge sidebar not showing If Copilot is opened from the desktop search bar, the web Copilot page opens in Edge AND with all the Copilot GPTs in the red square available.Cheers,Drew...
  3. > Full Copilot with NO Browser Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    > Full Copilot with NO Browser Open: Let's say: Any or all > No browser is open> Designer icon is not in Edge sidebar> Edge sidebar not showing If Copilot is opened from the desktop search bar, the web Copilot page opens in Edge AND with all the Copilot GPTs in the red square available.Cheers,Drew...
  4. How to have Copilot as an app NOW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to have Copilot as an app NOW: The Copilot app is coming soon BUT for those who would like Copilot as an app NOW:> http://copilot.microsoft.com Then > Edge settings the ellipsis ... > Apps & Install as an App.Can then be pinned to taskbar & or Start, if you happen to use Start at all for anything...
  5. How to have Copilot as an app NOW

How to have Copilot as an app NOW: The Copilot app is coming soon BUT for those who would like Copilot as an app NOW:> http://copilot.microsoft.com Then > Edge settings the ellipsis ... > Apps & Install as an App.Can then be pinned to taskbar & or Start, if you happen to use Start at all for anything...
  6. Copilot on Taskbar disappears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copilot on Taskbar disappears: Copilot on the Taskbar has disappeared. Is there a way to get the Copilot preview back pinned to the Taskbar as before? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copilot-on-taskbar-disappears/9ba2d174-0283-4717-9596-8abf070cbb70
  7. Copilot on Taskbar disappears

Copilot on Taskbar disappears: Copilot on the Taskbar has disappeared. Is there a way to get the Copilot preview back pinned to the Taskbar as before? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copilot-on-taskbar-disappears/9ba2d174-0283-4717-9596-8abf070cbb70
  8. windows copilot taskbar app now launching browser instead

windows copilot taskbar app now launching browser instead: As of yesterday my windows 11 23h2 23665.2776 copilot taskbar app is now launching the edge browser instead of the copilot conversational bot on the right side of my screen. Can anyone please help me diagnose and restore this functionality now to get my windows copilot...
  9. Win10 Icons Are Displaying In Quick Launch Toolbar instead of the taskbar

Win10 Icons Are Displaying In Quick Launch Toolbar instead of the taskbar: System: Win10 Pro with all current updates. I have two Win10 PCs....a desktop running Win10 Home and a laptop running Win10 Pro. The following problem refers to the laptop only.I have a Quick Launch Tool Bar enabled on the Win10 laptop. When I launch an app from the home...
  10. Apps on Taskbar Slow to Launch

Apps on Taskbar Slow to Launch: I've noticed lately that apps on the task bar usually don't load at all, or very slowly, after clicking on them once. I now have to left click several times when previously one click would immediately launch the app. What could have caused the slowdown? Toshiba laptop...