Windows 10: Windows Corrupt, Trying to Reinstall Having Issues

Discus and support Windows Corrupt, Trying to Reinstall Having Issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I finally got my windows boot disc to work by disabling secure boot and booting in legacy mode, but now the boot disc won't let me partition either of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ern504, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Ern504 Win User

Windows Corrupt, Trying to Reinstall Having Issues

I finally got my windows boot disc to work by disabling secure boot and booting in legacy mode, but now the boot disc won't let me partition either of my hard drives.

My solid state drive gives me the error "can't create partition from unallocated space and cannot install windows"

My regular hard drive says "The selected disc is of the GPT partition style"

Also it takes like a solid hour every time I go to load the boot disc or thumb drive, and any action I do takes 30 minutes, not exaggerating. I've been in front of my computer the last 8 hours messing around in bios and trying different things just watching the load screen.

:)

Ern504, Jul 21, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Audio issues in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided in the link?
    There issue might have occurred due to corrupted drivers or incorrect settings. I suggest you to try the steps and check if it helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    • In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    • Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    • In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    • In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jul 21, 2018
  4. Nick89 Win User

Reinstalling windows, Questions (sytem32 Corrupted)

Hey guys, I got that wonderfull screen that says System32 corrupted.

Well I'm going to reinstall, but I havent reinstalled in a year and I have some questions.

1. Do I need to take out my sound card?
    2. I need to unplug all of my hard drives except the one im installing on right?

I cant think of anything else, Please let me know I just want to be sure. *Smile Windows Corrupt, Trying to Reinstall Having Issues :)*Toast :toast:

any tips are appreciated I took screenshots of all the programs I had installed previosly.
    are there any ways to save settings that I have now? so it willl be easyer to get my system back up?

Is there a guide to backing up& reinstalling windows? *Roll :roll:

Nick89, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Corrupt, Trying to Reinstall Having Issues - Similar Threads - Corrupt Trying Reinstall

2. Having CHKDSK corrupt issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having CHKDSK corrupt issues: Hi there,All of the sudden my computer force restarted and stated there was errors on my drive that could not be fixed when I ran cmd sfc/ scannow I got this message:Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs,...
  3. Having CHKDSK corrupt issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having CHKDSK corrupt issues: Hi there,All of the sudden my computer force restarted and stated there was errors on my drive that could not be fixed when I ran cmd sfc/ scannow I got this message:Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs,...
  4. Having CHKDSK corrupt issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Having an issue trying to fix some corrupt files that will not let me update to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having an issue trying to fix some corrupt files that will not let me update to Windows 11: I am following the steps from other questions asked about the: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example...
  6. Having an issue trying to fix some corrupt files that will not let me update to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having an issue trying to fix some corrupt files that will not let me update to Windows 11: I am following the steps from other questions asked about the: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example...
  7. Having an issue trying to fix some corrupt files that will not let me update to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Reinstalling corrupted Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling corrupted Windows 10 Pro: I got a new custom built PC for my son at Christmas with Windows 10 Pro installed. Last week, after a windows update, it stopped booting and gave the message "cannot find bootable device" in the BIOS. When I contacted the helpline of the company we bought it from, they said...
  9. trying to reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    trying to reinstall windows: I am trying to reinstall windows 10 from my memory stick. When it gets to the choice of whether to keep my files or start fresh the options to keep my files is not available. I do not want to delete all of my files; just refresh windows 10. Any ideas?...
  10. Trying to reinstall Windows 10 - USB Boot Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to reinstall Windows 10 - USB Boot Issue: Dell Inspiron 3847 I've been trying to install a clean copy of Windows 10 through a USB I created through the media creation tool. But when I press F12 it doesn't give me the USB boot option. I've tried everything-- changing boot mode to legacy, turning secure boot off. The...