Windows 10: Windows corrupted a lot.

Discus and support Windows corrupted a lot. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I am a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1607 User. My PC got a virus a long time ago, and I removed it and all the other dangerous programs and viruses but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ChrisAngel05, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Windows corrupted a lot.

Hello. I am a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1607 User. My PC got a virus a long time ago, and I removed it and all the other dangerous programs and viruses but my PC ended up 'crippled' meaning that the taskbar didn't work anymore, default apps, etc. I fixed some of them using Tweaking.com Windows Repair, but I cannot update my system.

It has been like this for a year, and I have ran a scan with many antiviruses with no results (Avast, MBAM, etc)

Some of my programs are not working, Windows cannot upgrade anymore, and the Windows Search feature does not work either. A year has passed and it still hasn't been fixed. Everytime I update, my PC starts working on the update but it later says that it could not apply changes and that it was reversing.
    Microsoft IME isn't working either, and some games cannot open because some windows files are not working. SFC scannow says it found corrupted files, but none could be fixed, and DISM can't run because it needs something like an ISO. Please, help ASAP. I want to finish this.

Let me know if you need any SFC logs or DISM and I'll send them

PD: I also cloned my HDD to an SSD, and it is still having problems.

:)

ChrisAngel05, Jul 24, 2017
  2. Meionus Win User

Possible Corrupt Files + Lots of Problems

I've fixed this by wiping my Hard Drive and reinstalling Windows.

Meionus, Jul 24, 2017
  3. Possible Corrupt Files + Lots of Problems

Hi Meionus,

We appreciate the information you've provided. As a best advice, we suggest that you perform the in place upgrade on your computer. Here's the Wiki

article
    which explains how to perform it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Jul 24, 2017
  4. Sqrly Win User

Windows corrupted a lot.

Why haven't you wiped the drive and installed a fresh copy of the os?

Assuming your using a legit and activated copy, you can get the "Media Creation Tool" from Microsoft and use it to download a full copy of the latest version of windows 10 and do a clean, fresh install from a usb stick or home made dvd.

Download Windows 10

Sqrly, Jul 24, 2017
  5. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Jul 24, 2017
  6. Yeah, I don't want to lose my data, which is what I have been trying this whole time.

7. zbook New Member
    As Steve C posted above using in place upgrade repair:
    1) find a flash drive you can format
    2) create a bootable widows 10 iso
    3) power on the computer and open file explorer
    4) insert the windows 10 iso into any usb port
    5) identify the windows 10 iso viewing file explorer this PC and click on the USB windows 10 iso
    6) look for a file/folder setup or setup.exe
    7) launch this setup folder
    8) click on repair your computer
    See this link for text and images: Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

If you are unable to perform an in place upgrade repair consider obtaining a hard drive enclosure.
    Attach the hard drive enclosure to another computer by USB.
    Run 5 different malware programs on the drive in the enclosure.
    Back up the important files to a storage drive.
    Once the files are backed up run the malware software programs again.
    Use diskpart to clean the drive.
    Return the drive to the computer and use the windows 10 iso to perform a clean install.

zbook, Jul 24, 2017
  8. Windows corrupted a lot.

Alright, I'll try. Thanks in advance

9. dalchina New Member
    As you're using build 1607 (Anniversary), to do an in-place upgrade repair (not upgrade to the Creator's edition) you need a 1607 iso - perhaps you already have one - a DVD is fine too.. if you have a drive.

From the tutorial:
    i.e. the outcome depends on the version of the iso you use.

Whilst you can try an in-place upgrade repair install, given where you are coming from, you might find you need to do a clean install. Naturally you wouldn't lose data if you have proper backups, but you would have to re-install all programs, and you would lose more time.

N.B. if you had been using disk imaging routinely as we recommend continually, you could have quickly restored an image previously created when you first got the virus, and all would have been well.
    Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage for image sets.

dalchina, Jul 24, 2017
  10. Sqrly Win User
    Very important as using the media creation tool I linked to will download only the latest version (1703).

I don't know if it's possible to still download older versions.

Sqrly, Jul 24, 2017
  11. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Jul 24, 2017
  12. Bree New Member
    With a bit of sleight-of-hand, you can get the Anniversary Update ISO (1607) from your Download Windows 10 link too.

The trick is to go to that link using Edge, then use the F12 tools to make Edge appear to be a non-windows browser. Press F12, then on the Emulation tab set 'User agent string:' to 'Safari (Apple iPad)' then you'll get redirected to a page where you can download the ISOs directly, both for the Creators and the Anniversary updates. This is what you'll see as available for download when you click 'Select edition'.

Windows corrupted a lot. [​IMG]

Thema:

Windows corrupted a lot.

1. Windows corrupted a lot. - Similar Threads - corrupted lot

2. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installation from Microsoft Store is corrupt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installation from Microsoft Store is corrupt: Hello,we have Samsung Galaxy Book Go NP345XLA with CPU Snapdragon 7c Gen 2 @ 2.55 GHz and Windows 11 Home 22H2. The system has been set up in June 2023 and is still close to a fresh Microsoft Windows installation aside from the typical preinstalled manufacturer tools. All...
  3. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installation from Microsoft Store is corrupt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installation from Microsoft Store is corrupt: Hello,we have Samsung Galaxy Book Go NP345XLA with CPU Snapdragon 7c Gen 2 @ 2.55 GHz and Windows 11 Home 22H2. The system has been set up in June 2023 and is still close to a fresh Microsoft Windows installation aside from the typical preinstalled manufacturer tools. All...
  4. Corrupt files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt files: How do i fix corrupt Windows files when none of the troubleshooting or command runners open as administrator. The error that im getting is Extended attributes are inconsistent also there is an update that wont install with code 0x80070643...
  5. Corrupt files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupt files: How do i fix corrupt Windows files when none of the troubleshooting or command runners open as administrator. The error that im getting is Extended attributes are inconsistent also there is an update that wont install with code 0x80070643...
  6. Corrupt files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder seems to have a lot of corrupt files, and other issues....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder seems to have a lot of corrupt files, and other issues....: My computer's disk has been an issue for over a year but never had too intense of an effect. Recently I've had issues with full disk usage yet no tasks using full disk for almost an hour upon startup. I used command prompt and did a disk scan with /chkdsk and a few extra...
  8. System file checker found a lot of corruptions and I don't know how to fix them, will...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System file checker found a lot of corruptions and I don't know how to fix them, will...: I ran the scf/scannow, several times and many corruptions were found. Also, there are hundreds of the same items in all different locations, even locations I never knew about. I am afraid to delete anything. I am running DSIM online Clean and Restore Health; I copied...
  9. Getting lots of blue screen driver corrupted expool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting lots of blue screen driver corrupted expool: This seems to happen when running videos - either in the browsers or in media player. Seems to happen every few days but is now getting worse. 26359
  10. Not BSOD, but lots of issues - OS corrupt or virus (or both)?

in Windows 10 Support
    Not BSOD, but lots of issues - OS corrupt or virus (or both)?: If I should post this in another forum, I am happy to do so (I couldn't find a forum that quite fit my problem). I was deployed for the last 18 months and my wife intermittently used the computer but often left it off and certainly didn't purposely maintain the computer....