Windows 10: Windows Corrupted files sfc and DISM image recovery fails

Discus and support Windows Corrupted files sfc and DISM image recovery fails in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone I have been trying to fix my windows 10 corrupted files but I have been unabled to recover it. I tried every possible way of recovering... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MonogameCoder, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Windows Corrupted files sfc and DISM image recovery fails

Hello everyone I have been trying to fix my windows 10 corrupted files but I have been unabled to recover it.
    I tried every possible way of recovering using DISM commands, but to no avail. I tried also the sfc /scannow but as usual this command hardly ever fixes issues regarding corrupted files. I have tried using dism in several ways by specifying the location and the install.esd file from my usb flashdrive windows copy and even tried the health commands on powershell..still wont work.
    The first command I tried and for all of them I get the same error message, which looks like this:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.10240.16384

Image Version: 10.0.10240.16384

[==========================100.0%==========================]

Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

I have heard people saying that I need to refresh my pc as a last solution and I don't want that since I have all my settings and programs migrated from the upgrade...

Can someone possibly analyze my dism.log file and advise me how to fix the problem? I have been reading on the web that there is a way of specifying the packages missing via command and then download them manually..

I am a software programmer, so it shouldn't be hard to explain me the step by step on how to fix it. I just cant figure out the logfiles..
    Thanks in advance,
    Romulo
    PS: the file is uploaded here : Free File Hosting - Online Storage; Upload Mp3, Videos, Music. Backup Files

:)

MonogameCoder, Aug 2, 2015

2. Problems opening files after upgrade of Windows 10 Home

Since SFC failed to fix file corruption, try following DISM command: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Regards.

Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 2, 2015
  3. In troubleshooting Windows Update, how do the recommended DISM and SFC commands actually work?

DISM command is used to fix corrupt files found by System File check or Scanhealth tool.

In DISM dictionary, Image means C:/Windows directory.

DISM Scans and repairs the actual components/files of the operating system running on the computer.

DISM=Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool.

SFC=System File checker tool.

DISM is just an extension of SFC that allows you to repair corrupt files from Installation media where SFC cannot repair corrupt files.

A couple of answers:

>If the reason you run DISM is to troubleshoot windows update on your computer and DISM uses Windows Update to fix corruptions, what is the point of using this DISM command in the Fix Windows Update Errors guideline?

You can use Installation media to repair the corrupt files.

>Is there a risk that having DISM /restorehealth and/or sfc /scannow make changes will further corrupt the system?

No.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

Windows Corrupted files sfc and DISM image recovery fails

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth

will give a better understanding log file..

a lot of corrupt file are .json files and the files are flagged as corrupt by SFC

These are tracing files from MS and are not really corrupt files - just flagged that way by SFC

Kyhi, Aug 2, 2015
  5. Hi Kyhi,
    Thanks for replying.. I have just uploaded the CBS file as well.. I don't know if I helps ..
    http://www.filedropper.com/cbs
    Any direction is greatly appreciated,
    Romulo

6. LittleJay Win User
    I was able to fix the SFC /Scannow integrity errors and component store corruption by doing a new in place upgrade of W10 over my W10 install. I did the upgrade using W10 on a flash drive, but I would think it could also be done by mounting an ISO.

LittleJay, Aug 2, 2015
  7. By reading the CBS log it seems that it is nothing so serious..i just want to confirm with you if am I right about that?!
    Some duplicates ownership and also logo files missing and things like that.. some stuff regarding network interface and authentication which might have something to do with the VPN client ...
    anyways I look forward for a reply,
    Thanks

8. Windows Corrupted files sfc and DISM image recovery fails

Thanks LittleJay, That worked haha.. I was thinking about doing that but was afraid it wouldn't work so I would waste my time. Guess it works haha!
    Thanks man and have a good night

9. The DISM 0x800F081F error is disconcerting.

The /RestoreHelath parameter actually uses Windows Update (WU) to repair/replace files - cool. Using the /Source gets files from the source you specified and the /Limit parameter only gets critical WU files critical files that are newer than the source. Very cool! The source option gives you a solid base install.

See: Windows Update error 0x800F081F - Windows Help

Which of course asks you to run DISM *Tongue

Almost at the bottom the page says:
    This is a diagnostic cab download that might determine if there is an underlying issue with Windows Updates.

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Corrupted files sfc and DISM image recovery fails

1. Windows Corrupted files sfc and DISM image recovery fails - Similar Threads - Corrupted files sfc

2. System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.: Hello,I have been having issues with corruption on my operating system.I have tried updating my windows and it hasn't worked. I have tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter, it had done nothing at all. I even system restored.I have tried DISM and SFC, but they are corrupt...
  3. System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.: Hello,I have been having issues with corruption on my operating system.I have tried updating my windows and it hasn't worked. I have tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter, it had done nothing at all. I even system restored.I have tried DISM and SFC, but they are corrupt...
  4. System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Corrupted data and failed SFC, DISM, and CHKDISK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted data and failed SFC, DISM, and CHKDISK: I seem to have files that cannot be fixed no matter what I try. Things I've tried: - sfc /scannow many times, each time stopping at 17% and saying the following: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation - DISM /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth....
  6. Corrupted data and failed SFC, DISM, and CHKDISK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted data and failed SFC, DISM, and CHKDISK: I seem to have files that cannot be fixed no matter what I try. Things I've tried: - sfc /scannow many times, each time stopping at 17% and saying the following: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation - DISM /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth....
  7. Corrupted data and failed SFC, DISM, and CHKDISK

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Corrupt System Image failed DISM /RestoreHelth

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Corrupt System Image failed DISM /RestoreHelth: Hi helpful people, I am having a problem with corrupt files on my new laptop. I have followed the tutorials - sfc /scannow, dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth, etc - but I don't seem to be getting anywhere. I've included some extracts of the log files, and hope...
  9. sfc and dism fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sfc and dism fail: I had to restart my PC today using the power button after I ran into an issue with the USB controller stopped working resulting in no keyboard nor mouse. I managed to RDP into the PC from my mobile phone and thought I was able to restart my PC successfully. But the screen...
  10. SFC /ScanNow Corrupt Files & DISM fails

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC /ScanNow Corrupt Files & DISM fails: Hi all, Recently updated to windows 10 I've tried a scannow to resolve another issue and I get a failure message with files being corrupted. I've tried a reset keeping my files but I've got no idea where to look next. Attached is my log file from the SFC and the DISM log...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable