Windows 10: Windows corrupted. Unable to fix. Unable to reinstall

Discus and support Windows corrupted. Unable to fix. Unable to reinstall in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all. I'm not completely inexperienced with regards to Windows but in this case I am utterly stumped. Following the installation of the latest big... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by app_development, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Windows corrupted. Unable to fix. Unable to reinstall

Hi all.
    I'm not completely inexperienced with regards to Windows but in this case I am utterly stumped.

Following the installation of the latest big Windows Update ( now 1803: 17134.167) like a fool I removed the old backup because it was 30Gb

Unfortunately, that was before I discovered that the update has seriously corrupted Windows to an extent that it's largely unuseable.

Start : No response

Cortana : Unavailable

ImmersiveControlPanel : Unavailable

System Settings : Unavailable

Any "ModernApps" : "Class Not Registered" error

This includes any of the typically Windows 10 immersive app functionality such as Action Centre, Windows Defender Dashboard etc.

I have scoured the web to reveal certain "fixes" such as:

Changing policy restrictions : All local GP are "not configured" All local secpol are "not configured"

Registering COM+ : Apparently already present

Re-Registering ExplorerFrame.dll : "Entry point could not be found"

Using Powershell to register App Packages : APpears to complete but does not affect the issue

Ensuring APPLICATION PACKAGES has access to registry keys : Checked and confirmed

WSReset.exe : "Class Not Registered" error

Creating new Administrator account : Issue persists for neww user

Renaming "user.dat" hive : Issue persists

So as you can see, there does not seem to be much more I can think of, so I bit the bullet and decided to try a repair/reinstall. This apparently necessitates download of the Media Creation Tool

When trying to run this tool (even with elevated credential) it returns an error message.

So I am not only stuck with a non-operational OS, but I am unable to reinstall it either...

Any (sensible) advice / suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

:)

app_development, Jul 27, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Unable to boot into Windows - Disk Corrupted

• If your BIOS was set to UEFI then Windows was installed using GPT partition scheme. There are 2 modes to boot the USB from: Legacy and UEFI, you should not change the BIOS setting to Legacy.
    • BootRec /FixMbr and BootRec /FixBoot only work with MBR partition scheme, yours is GPT

• Download: Rescue.V6.1.1311.iso - Google Drive and use Rufus to create a bootable USB with format: FAT32, MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI

Windows corrupted. Unable to fix. Unable to reinstall [​IMG]
    • set your BIOS back to UEFI and boot up from the USB (select UEFI boot mode).
    • Click on "Fix Windows boot problems"

Windows corrupted. Unable to fix. Unable to reinstall [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Mr McC Win User
    Unable to disable subtitles in Windows Media Player

Hi folks,

I rented Shutter Island last night and was unable to disable the subtitles in Windows Media Player. Is this something to do with regional playback protection? Does anybody have a workaround to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Mr McC, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Windows corrupted. Unable to fix. Unable to reinstall

unable to fix corrupt files

unable to fix corrupt files from scannow, what now?

RonStalnaker1, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows corrupted. Unable to fix. Unable to reinstall

1. Windows corrupted. Unable to fix. Unable to reinstall - Similar Threads - corrupted Unable fix

2. Unable to fix corrupted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to fix corrupted files: My PC keeps getting the bsod. I ran the scan health, restore health & scansfx code to fix the problem and it turns out like this How can I fix the corrupted files?...
  3. Unable to fix corrupted files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to fix corrupted files: My PC keeps getting the bsod. I ran the scan health, restore health & scansfx code to fix the problem and it turns out like this How can I fix the corrupted files?...
  4. Corrupt files that were unable to be fixed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt files that were unable to be fixed: My PC is Windows 10 and I'm not sure if the recent update broke it or the storm last night but it was powered off when I woke up and I had put it to sleep. I tried SFC and DISM /restorehealth and they couldn't repair the files so I have both CBS and DISM logs. "Windows...
  5. Corrupt files that were unable to be fixed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupt files that were unable to be fixed: My PC is Windows 10 and I'm not sure if the recent update broke it or the storm last night but it was powered off when I woke up and I had put it to sleep. I tried SFC and DISM /restorehealth and they couldn't repair the files so I have both CBS and DISM logs. "Windows...
  6. Corrupted files but was unable to fix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted files but was unable to fix: [IMG] I have spent hours trying to figure this out. Spent lots of time reseaching and trying everything I find but couldn’t fix the issue. I tried resetting my pc. I tried using fixdotnet, i tried cmd, I tried everything. If theres anyone who can help me solve this, it would...
  7. Corrupt Files Unable to be Fixed

Corrupt Files Unable to be Fixed: HI, My computer ran into a BSOD recently and it gave the error "Page_Fault_in_Nonpaged_Area." I ran a file check in command prompt and it said "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them..." and told me to check the CBS.log (copied...
  8. Corrupt files that are unable to be fixed

Corrupt files that are unable to be fixed: Hi all, My desktop has had a lot of system interrupts today. No changes to my desktop have been made at all. I ran sfc /scannow, and found corrupt files that were unable to be fixed. Any suggestions on reading this log and applying the fixes? I don't see an option to upload...
  9. windows unable to fix corrupted files on cmd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows unable to fix corrupted files on cmd: i did a sfc/scannow on cmd and it was saying windows could not repair some files, so i tried easeUS master partition to help but it didn't, can anyone help me, i can't attach the CBS file info...
  10. Windows corrupted. Unable to fix. Unable to reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows corrupted. Unable to fix. Unable to reinstall: Hi all. I'm not completely inexperienced with regards to Windows but in this case I am utterly stumped. Following the installation of the latest big Windows Update ( now 1803: 17134.167) like a fool I removed the old backup because it was 30Gb Unfortunately, that was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. immersive control panel class not registered