Windows 10: Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings

Discus and support Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently, I have noticed a small caution triangle appearing with my network icon on the task bar. When I right click and troubleshoot, it comes with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by danstefan1, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings

Recently, I have noticed a small caution triangle appearing with my network icon on the task bar. When I right click and troubleshoot, it comes with this message. Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings. My internet has been very slow lately, but I'm wondering if this is a problem with my network? or is this something that my ISP has to fix?

I did update the drivers and put the netsh winsock reset commands, netsh int ipv4 reset I restarted to the computer and tried to debug and the same message appears to me

I attach the picture with ipconfig / all Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings 91b648bb-cf5e-4da7-9319-d1952a6f7beb?upload=true.png

what should I do in this case?

:)

danstefan1, Jul 26, 2018
  2. Alvin Cop Win User

Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings

Hi,

There are various reasons why you're getting such error message. Slow internet connections or network issues are possible causes of it. Kindly provide us the following details so we can isolate your concern:

• How did you get this error message?
    • Are you connected to the internet using wireless or wired connection?
    • Have you tried other devices to check if the same issue occurred?

Since you have followed all the steps in the article provided above, let's check if your computer's Network proxy settings are configured correctly by following these steps:

• Type Proxy in the search box on the taskbar, and then click on
      Network proxy settings.
    • Under Automatic Proxy setup, set Automatically detect settings bar to ON.
    • Under Manual Proxy settings, set Use a proxy server bar to OFF.
    • Click on Save.

Let us know if it works.

Alvin Cop, Jul 26, 2018
  3. Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings

Recently, I have noticed a small caution triangle appearing with my network icon on the task bar. When I right click and troubleshoot, it comes with this message. Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings. I have tried the
    suggested solutions I found in Microsoft answers but the issue still exists .

Method 1: Check for proxy server settings.

1. Press Windows key + R to open Run Command. Type "inetcpl.cpl" and press Enter.

2. In Internet Options Window, go toConnections tab.

3. Click on LAN Settings.

4. Do the following steps:

• Uncheck the box Use Proxy Server for your LAN.
    • Check the box Automatically Detect settings.
    Method 2: Type the following command.

• Press Windows key + X and click onCommand Prompt (Admin) to open the Elevated Command Prompt. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)
    • Type the following command.
    • Type netsh winsock reset and click Enter.
    • Type netsh int ipv4 resetand click Enter.

Jonathansuresh, Jul 26, 2018
  4. Kosimek Win User

Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings

I have the same issue and nothing helps me either. Did everything I could find online, to no avail. I don't have issues connecting to the Internet but my MagicJack can no longer connect.

When I use Network Troubleshooter all it says is "Troubleshooting was unable to automatically fix all of the issues found"

Under Problems it just says "Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings" About as useless a message as anyone could expect and no suggestions on what else to do.

Given that I have tried everything under he sun I guess I am stuck with this?

Kosimek, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings - Similar Threads - automatically detect network's

2. Windows could not automatically detect network’s proxy settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows could not automatically detect network’s proxy settings: Turned my PC on this morning and started to game online. Internet was terribly slow and laggy so i just troubleshooted my internet connecting and got the following error detected, Windows could not automatically detect network’s proxy setting. i have tried the following...
  3. “Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings” ?!?

“Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings” ?!?: Hi, so something weird has been happening with my internet on any windows pc. I noticed this after I recently changed my internet modem from the one my ISP provides to an Asus CM-16. The setup was easy any everything seemed to work fine on all the connected devices, EXCEPT...
  4. Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings

Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings: Windows 10 Version 1903 I've only had this desktop a month. Suddenly I couldn't connect to the Internet. I powercycled the network box router & got my Ethernet connection back. Internet functioning SEEMS to be normal, but I still get "Windows could not automatically detect...
  5. Windows Could Not Automatically Detect This Network's Proxy Settings

Windows Could Not Automatically Detect This Network's Proxy Settings: Hello, I am running Windows 10 Education Edition on a computer that I built myself. I noticed I was having a bit of a problem with things loading on other apps that need a connection to the internet and decided to run the network troubleshooter. That was when I found the...
  6. Windows Could not Automatically Detect Network's Proxy Settings

Windows Could not Automatically Detect Network's Proxy Settings: I just bought a new Windows 10 laptop after a few years of being a Mac user. The internet doesn't work. It drops out **constantly**. I have searched and tried every fix I can find, from switching in-and-out anti-virus software, to resetting things in cmd, to...
  7. "Windows could not detect proxy settings for this network automatically"

"Windows could not detect proxy settings for this network automatically": Hello. On the computer (Windows 10), connected through the LAN connection, launched "Troubleshoot problems" network. I received the following message: "Windows could not automatically detect the proxy settings of this network" and the yellow triangle. I do not use a proxy,...
  8. Windows could not automatically detect this Network's proxy settings.

Windows could not automatically detect this Network's proxy settings.: I have tried every single suggestion to resolve this problem without success, short of completely reinstalling Windows 10. Has anyone found a solution yet? I know I am not alone with this....
  9. windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings

windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings: I am on Comcast. I am on my second motherboard, I have re-installed many, many times. when I right click the network icon in the lower right hand of the screen and choose "troubleshoot problems" I get "Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings"....
  10. windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings

windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings: Hi I can use all my browsers in W10 (Firefox is default..) However, about a fortnight ago I started having problems with some sites for example CPUID and when I visit some of these sites I get the message "windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy...