Windows 10: "Windows could not complete the installation" Error on clean install

Discus and support "Windows could not complete the installation" Error on clean install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a problem installing Windows 10 on my tablet. When try to install, at the time to restart, shows the error message "Windows could not complete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Haplo07, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Haplo07 Win User

"Windows could not complete the installation" Error on clean install

I have a problem installing Windows 10 on my tablet. When try to install, at the time to restart, shows the error message "Windows could not complete the installation. To install windows on this computer restart windows" My computer is a 2 in 1, the Acer Switch One 10, with 2GB of RAM and 32Gb of storage.

I find for a solution. Tried making another bootable USB with media creation tool, and another with Rufus from the ISO file, neither of them works. I have the Fast boot and secure boot disable. Also tried creating and administrator account with MMC on command prompt, but there isn't the option, it says I have to do it from Control Panel. Neither the oobe works, it just shows the blue screen with just a moment... and do nothing (I let it the whole night). I converted the disk to GTP from the USB drive too

Then I found a post in this forum with the same problem than mine, but I can't do the same because I don't have a computer to install Windows 10 with Virtual Box and I don't have a external HDD to clone on it.
    Searching on forums it seems that there are many other with this kind of problem with similar devices.

The reason to make a clean install was because I was on the Windows Insider Program and it failed to upgrade to the latest build, it shows the same message, it happens to me before and only restored the last build, but this time I wanted to have leave for a time the program so tried to make the clean install.

Soo... Do anyone know what to do?

Thanks and sorry for the terrible use of the English language *Huh.

:)

Haplo07, Jul 14, 2017
  2. atikuruu Win User

5800 XM " General: System Error " on saving music file

WHAT CAN I DO NOW

atikuruu, Jul 14, 2017
  3. Adee247 Win User
    5800 XM " General: System Error " on saving music file

I also cannot save any new music to my gallery. I can find it under Applications and File Manager, but cannot see this music in the Gallery. when I refresh my library, I get an error say "file is corrupted" and no new files were added. I don't think it is
    my sd card as it still saves new files. No problem with pictures.

Pls help. I realy love my Nokia, but this is killing it for me as I can't add new music to my library and create new playlists...

Thanks

Adee247, Jul 14, 2017
  4. "Windows could not complete the installation" Error on clean install

Hi Haplo07. Welcome to the TenForums @Haplo07.

Your English is much better that my Spanish.

I found this. Not sure if it applies to you but it seems you can only use 32-bit versions of Windows. By chance are you using 64 bit? Now maybe yours is a newer device that supports 64, I can't be sure.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Switch-...SB/td-p/323664

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 14, 2017
  5. Haplo07 Win User
    Hi, Caledon Ken Thank you *Smile

No, I am using the 32bit version, is a newer model but has the same situation, is only 2Gb and can't expand it. I tried using the micro USB with and OTG adapter Instead of the USB of the keyboard but was the same. I don't know how but I was be able to enter in the Advanced Startup, so I tried to restore with the option "Reset your PC" then it started the reset but then stuck on 64% and after some minutes it starts a bootloop. I don't know if that means something. On Advance Startup I was unable to Open the Command Prompt because I needed the password of an generic account, it was defaultuser0.

Thanks *Smile

Haplo07, Jul 16, 2017
  6. Check out your vendor site on how to load. I'm dealing with a tablet and the BIOS is tied somehow, at least I think it is, with loading Windows. I don't think this is the case with your Acer but each Windows seems to have a BIOS.

I wonder if you loaded an older version, say 1607, if you would have success.

Safe ISO's here.

Need safe 1511 ISO

Caledon Ken, Jul 16, 2017
  7. Haplo07 Win User
    Thank you very much, I downloaded the version 1607 and it works. While the 1607 was downloading I tried with an ISO of the Insider Preview (Build 16193) and it worked too. I don't know why the CU didn't works.

Thank you again, I am writing this from my working Swhitch One 10 *Smile

Haplo07, Jul 17, 2017
  8. "Windows could not complete the installation" Error on clean install

Excellent. That is one for the books.

Please mark thread solve so others will find.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

"Windows could not complete the installation" Error on clean install

1. "Windows could not complete the installation" Error on clean install - Similar Threads - complete installation Error

2. Windows could not complete the installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows could not complete the installation: My power went out during a factory reset turned off the desk top doing shift f10 cd %winsir% code doesn't work turning it off and on does not put it into auto repair mode I've done the self scan nothing happens any tips and tricks?...
  3. "Windows could not complete the installation"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows could not complete the installation": I have an Acer Aspire 7560 series that was manufactured with Windows 7 Home Premium. When I turn on the PC the Windows Error Recovery screen appears and I choose to start Windows normally. The error "Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this...
  4. Windows could not complete installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows could not complete installation: I've recently received a used PC and tried booting it up for the first time. After trying to startup, I got a message saying that windows had failed to installed and to restart to try again. Upon doing so, the same error message occurred. I've also tried to factory reset it...
  5. Windows could not complete installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows could not complete installation: I've recently received a used PC and tried booting it up for the first time. After trying to startup, I got a message saying that windows had failed to installed and to restart to try again. Upon doing so, the same error message occurred. I've also tried to factory reset it...
  6. Windows could not complete installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows could not complete the Installation.

Windows could not complete the Installation.: My current Windows 10 version is 1607 and i want it to upgrade to version 2004. In order to that, i downloaded Windows 10 update assistant. After running it, it downloaded the update to 100%, then verified the download to 100% then installed the update to 100%. After it said...
  8. Windows could not complete the Installation.

Windows could not complete the Installation.: My current Windows 10 version is 1607 and i want it to upgrade to version 2004. In order to that, i downloaded Windows 10 update assistant. After running it, it downloaded the update to 100%, then verified the download to 100% then installed the update to 100%. After it said...
  9. Clean Install Issue: Windows could not complete the installation...

Clean Install Issue: Windows could not complete the installation...: Hello, I have recently completed a number of steps to do a clean install on my computer from bootable media (a USB drive) I have overcome many problems so far, and this problem ''Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the...
  10. Windows could not complete the installation

Windows could not complete the installation: I am reformatting a Acer One 10 2-in-1 laptop with Windows 10 Home 32-bit, and after the first reboot (after copying files and such) Windows fails to continue the installation with this error Windows could not complete the installation. To install windows on this computer...