Windows 10: Windows could not find .exe in Windows 10

Discus and support Windows could not find .exe in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Just woke one morning after what I assume was a system update (had my computer offer me the option to update and shut down last night, but not today)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ds_499, Jul 11, 2018.

1. ds_499 Win User

Windows could not find .exe in Windows 10

Just woke one morning after what I assume was a system update (had my computer offer me the option to update and shut down last night, but not today) to see a whole swath of programs (that still have their .exe file in their location) give me that error.

In some help forums it was mentioned that I could use regedit. Problem is, I get the same error with that program too.

I tried scanning my PC with my antivirus which still thankfully works (AVG free version) but it found no evidence of malware.

I read in some places that a tuneup program could cause this by deactivating apps. I got AVG tuneup (free version a couple years ago, but the trial ran out a long time ago and I've assumed it has been inactive since. I tried going into setting to deactivate--was blocked because of said trial. The uninstaller gave me the same .exe error, and dragging file to the recycling bin seems to not work either (the completion bar shows up, but upon its completion, nothing happens).

Thanks for any help in advance!

:)

ds_499, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows could not find .exe in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - find exe

2. "The system cannot find the drive specified." uninst.000.exe missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The system cannot find the drive specified." uninst.000.exe missing: I can see a dark souls 3 program taking space in my programs list but when i try to uninstall it the uninstaller is missing. When i try to find file path its in a drive that is not in my pc. how do i fix this and remove the program? i had to abruptly end the installation...
  3. "The system cannot find the drive specified." uninst.000.exe missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "The system cannot find the drive specified." uninst.000.exe missing: I can see a dark souls 3 program taking space in my programs list but when i try to uninstall it the uninstaller is missing. When i try to find file path its in a drive that is not in my pc. how do i fix this and remove the program? i had to abruptly end the installation...
  4. Is there an app that searches your computer to find all exe files so they can be added to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there an app that searches your computer to find all exe files so they can be added to...: I have a laptop with a discrete gpu and I want it default for every application instead of intel graphics. I cannot be bothered to set it for every windows process and app by hand and need way to set it as default or for every app. I have tried regedit for the default gpu but...
  5. Is there an app that searches your computer to find all exe files so they can be added to...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there an app that searches your computer to find all exe files so they can be added to...: I have a laptop with a discrete gpu and I want it default for every application instead of intel graphics. I cannot be bothered to set it for every windows process and app by hand and need way to set it as default or for every app. I have tried regedit for the default gpu but...
  6. Is there an app that searches your computer to find all exe files so they can be added to...

7. Erore : windows cant find WinCRT32.exe or LibCache32.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erore : windows cant find WinCRT32.exe or LibCache32.exe: HelloI have been facing these two errors while working with my system several times.I have try the following commands in Command prompt but problem is still not solved .sfc /scannowDISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanhealthDISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image...
  8. Erore : windows cant find WinCRT32.exe or LibCache32.exe

Erore : windows cant find WinCRT32.exe or LibCache32.exe: HelloI have been facing these two errors while working with my system several times.I have try the following commands in Command prompt but problem is still not solved .sfc /scannowDISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanhealthDISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image...
  9. Erore : windows cant find WinCRT32.exe or LibCache32.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. How can i find the x:\i386\winnt32.exe files for USB when setting up windowsXP USB setup?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i find the x:\i386\winnt32.exe files for USB when setting up windowsXP USB setup?...: I really want to fix my old laptop, it's an eeepc mini and i'm very determined to figure this out, i love how small it is. It is failing to boot up and i started the process of reinstalling windows XP using a flashdrive. This is after spending hours troubleshooting the...