Windows 10: Windows could not parse or process unattend answer file for pass...

Discus and support Windows could not parse or process unattend answer file for pass... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My manufacturer gave me images and scripts that deploy image in notebook. I installed Win10 in it but it got an error during setup. I found out that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by evildog1, Nov 22, 2016.

1. evildog1 Win User

Windows could not parse or process unattend answer file for pass...

My manufacturer gave me images and scripts that deploy image in notebook. I installed Win10 in it but it got an error during setup. I found out that it caused by Unattend.xml file. Some said that it solved the problem by removing the component line but i'm unsure if it is safe to remove this line

<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <ComputerName>DENVER NBW-1004</ComputerName>
    <OEMName>EnergySistem</OEMName>
    </component>

Windows could not parse or process unattend answer file for pass... [​IMG]

Full Unattend.xml file.
    [XML] urn:schemas-microsoft-c - Pastebin.com

:)

evildog1, Nov 22, 2016

2. Can't install Windows 10 error "Windows could not parse of process the unattended answers file for pass"

Hi Tom,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

Unplug all external devices and restart the computer to check if you are able to proceed with the upgrade. Ensure to install any pending updates and also update all device drivers from Device Manager. Once this is done restart the computer. Ensure
    to have about 20 GB free space in the HDD.

I suggest you to refer to the reply posted by “Vidyaranjan A V” from this thread to check if this helps.

Windows Update Installation Failure 80240020

You can also use the media creation tool to upgrade your current PC to Windows 10 or to create a USB or DVD and install Windows 10 on a different PC.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool: Windows 10 herunterladen

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 22, 2016
  3. _Stan_ Win User
    Can't install Windows 10 error "Windows could not parse of process the unattended answers file for pass"

I had a similar problem and realized I had an unattend.xml in my C:\ folder that was dated November 2013, which is the month my computer was built and configured by a local dealer.

I renamed C:\unattend.xml to unattend.xml.Win81 and ran the Windows 10 update again. This time it was successful.

Hope this helps someone.

_Stan_, Nov 22, 2016
  4. Askboy4 Win User

Never got this message. Is something wrong with your computer? Try scanning it with windows defender or MALWAREBYTES ANTI MALWARE if u have. Btw I recommend you to install HITMAN PRO a antivirus checker if im right.

Askboy4, Nov 22, 2016
  5. evildog1 Win User
    What the hell are you talking about???

i was trying to clean install Windows 10 that my manufacturer gave me the deploy script, but nevermind, i already solved the problem by removing this "specialize" from Unattend.xml file and it worked.

<settingspass="specialize">
    <componentname="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup"processorArchitecture="x86"publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35"language="neutral"versionScope="nonSxS"xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State"xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <ComputerName>DENVER NBW-1004</ComputerName>
    <OEMName>EnergySistem</OEMName>
    </component>
    </settings>

evildog1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows could not parse or process unattend answer file for pass... - Similar Threads - parse process unattend

2. Windows could not apply the unattend answer file's<Disk configuration> setting>

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows could not apply the unattend answer file's<Disk configuration> setting>: I built a brand new PC from the ground up, and upon moving my old harddrive to the newmachine I'm met with the need to reinstall windows.The process won't get any further than copying files because of the following message:Windows could not apply the unattend answer...
  3. Windows could not apply the unattend answer file's<Disk configuration> setting>

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows could not apply the unattend answer file's<Disk configuration> setting>: I built a brand new PC from the ground up, and upon moving my old harddrive to the newmachine I'm met with the need to reinstall windows.The process won't get any further than copying files because of the following message:Windows could not apply the unattend answer...
  4. Windows could not apply the unattend answer file's<Disk configuration> setting>

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB answer file unattended Win 10 installer

USB answer file unattended Win 10 installer: I made the answer file here Windows Answer File Generator windowsafg.comAre company got hit with a crypto virus and I have to make an easy install for the end user. This is a HP OEM for all are PC Win 10 64 bit. The image was made with Macrium Reflect, then I opened the ISO...
  6. Windows cannot parse the answer file's <diskconfiguration> setting

Windows cannot parse the answer file's <diskconfiguration> setting: I'm trying an unattended windows 10 install using an XML answer file, for now I tried booting a Virtual Machine (both with Virtualbox and libvirt Qemu/KVM) using an official ISO file, edited by adding the attached Autounattend.xml. Target virtual disk is set to SATA and...
  7. I'm getting Windows could not parse or process unattend answer file at boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'm getting Windows could not parse or process unattend answer file at boot: I'm getting error Windows could not parse or process unattend answer file C:\windows\panther\unattend.xml at boot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-getting-windows-could-not-parse-or-process/9846f07e-b89a-4465-ac40-ae2d20097ba0
  8. Apply unattended answer file to Windows 10 install media

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Apply unattended answer file to Windows 10 install media: How to: Apply unattended answer file to Windows 10 install media [img] Information We have multiple tutorials on Ten Forums about creating a custom Windows install media and automating Windows Setup and OOBE. All those tutorials are intended for advanced users, requiring...
  9. Problem with Windows 10 unattended answer file?

Problem with Windows 10 unattended answer file?: The problem with my answer is that following error message appears "Windows cannot read the <ProductKey> setting from the unattend answer file". Can someone help me with this problem? Can I somehow skip this product key part in the answer file? Here is my answer file....
  10. Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade? Windows could not parse or process

Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade? Windows could not parse or process: Hi, first time post............ Am trying to upgrade my daughters Acer laptop from W7 to W10 before the deadline but keep getting this error........... [img] Have done lots of reading up on it with lots of attempts to fix the problem but as yet I'm still no closer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. free unattend xml win10 file for internet connection