Windows 10: Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer

Discus and support Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need some help to get my wireless connection to work again. After recent Windows 10 Update, my wireless connection no longer works. I've done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by yellowjacket03, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer

I need some help to get my wireless connection to work again.

• After recent Windows 10 Update, my wireless connection no longer works. I've done some troubleshooting and I have ruled out my ISP, cable modem, and router, leaving the issue to be something within the computer (Dell laptop - Inspiron 7537).
    • The wired connection works fine
    • When I run Windows Network Diagnosis, it tells me that the Windows Wireless Service is not running (see attached pdf report)
    • When I try to manually start the WLANSVC service, i get an error message that says "Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer Error 193:0xc1" (see attached)
    • When I try to manually start the WLANSVC service from the command prompt (as Admin) I get a slightly different message that says "The WLAN AutoConfig service is starting. The WLAN AutoConfig service could not be started. A system error has occurred. System error 193 has occurred. *** is not a valid Win32 application." (see attached)
    • I've downloaded the latest Intell PROset Wireless drivers from Dell (V18.20.0.9) for the Wireless-N 7260 wireless network adapter and have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. This didn't help.
    • I've attached some screenshots and a pdf copy of the Windows Network Diagnostics report.

• Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer [​IMG]

• Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer [​IMG]
    • Wi-Fi Troubleshooting Report.pdf

:)

yellowjacket03, Dec 28, 2015

2. Error: "windows wireless service is not running on this computer"; Unable to access internet after upgrading to Windows 10

Arul_D,

I'm having the exact same problem, and I am unable to restart the
    WLAN AutoConfig service. My wireless connection quit working after the latest Windows 10 update. I've tried everything I know to do (uninstall, reinstall drivers, etc . . ) and I cannot get the wireless service to run.

When I attempt to start the WLAN AutoConfig service, I get the Services Error Message: "Windows could not start the
    WLAN AutoConfig serviceon Local Computer. Error 193: 0xc1"

I can send you diagnosis report and screenshots if it would help. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

KyleHannah, Dec 28, 2015
  3. Noelmaher Win User
    Windows 10 - Windows wireless service is not running on this computer

Followed the above steps and got a box with the following "Windows could not restart the WLAN AutoConfig Service on local Computer. Error 193: 0xc1"

any help would be appreciated.

Noelmaher, Dec 28, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer

Hi, welcome to Tenforums.
    Wlansvc only runs if:
    a. ethernet is not active/connected
    b. Wifi is active

Presumably since you have used this you have
    a. Enabled Wifi e.g. via the tile in the Action Centre
    b. ensured you are not in airplane mode
    c. pressed your Wifi button to switch it on
    d. your Wifi is enabled on your router.

Now a number of people have reported problems post 1511 as you probably know.
    E.g.
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...7-538556dd08a3

I also noted this comment:
    Windows 10 update 1511 removes TLS 1.0 authentication from Windows. You have to use TLS 1.2.
    from
    Windows 10 version 1511, no longer able to connect to Enterprise WiFi

Atheros 9000 series cards seem to be problematic with 1511.

Please add your Wifi card type to your system specs.

dalchina, Dec 29, 2015
  5. yellowjacket03, Jan 2, 2016
  6. Epperly Win User
    This worked for me too!! After I spent several days trying different fixes and running scans and repair programs using a direct enthernet connection with no success at all, I was THRILLED to find that this actually worked!!

Thank you @Brink !!

Epperly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer

1. Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer - Similar Threads - start WLAN AutoConfig

2. Windows could not start the wlan autoconfig service on local computer error 193:0xc1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows could not start the wlan autoconfig service on local computer error 193:0xc1: I started my computer and i found that the wifi doesn't connect and it doesn't show available networks. I ran the troubleshooter and i found that the Wlan autoconfig doesn't run when i tried to start it, i recieved a message saying Windows could not start wlan autoconfig on...
  3. Windows could not start the wlan autoconfig service on local computer error 193:0xc1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows could not start the wlan autoconfig service on local computer error 193:0xc1: I started my computer and i found that the wifi doesn't connect and it doesn't show available networks. I ran the troubleshooter and i found that the Wlan autoconfig doesn't run when i tried to start it, i recieved a message saying Windows could not start wlan autoconfig on...
  4. Windows could not start the wlan autoconfig service on local computer error 193:0xc1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WLAN AutoConfig

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WLAN AutoConfig: Was having an issue with my hard drive and fixed it by clean booting. Upon doing so WLAN auto config has turned itself off and I can not seem for the life of me to get it to come back on. I also cannot access system file checker nor reset my pc for some reason.Regards,...
  6. Windows could not start the Server service on Local Computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows could not start the Server service on Local Computer: Hi Team, I am getting the below error when I start the Sever service Windows could not start the Server service on Local Computer Error 6: The handle is invalid Please help to fix this issue Thanks, Raveendar Y...
  7. Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig Service. Error 122:

Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig Service. Error 122:: The Wi-Fi list is empty. Even if I use external Wireless USB Dongle, the Wi-Fi list is empty. But, on Ubuntu, there isn't any problem. I do not know exactly when this problem came. I was using Ubuntu since the last 3-4 days. Dell Inspiron 3421, running Windows 10 Pro 2004...
  8. WLAN Autoconfig Service not available

WLAN Autoconfig Service not available: Hi, I am facing problem in connecting my WIFI. I am having windows 10 Pro but in Services WLAN Autoconfig is not showing. Also WlanSvc is not available. [ATTACH]...
  9. WLAN AutoConfig not starting automatically

WLAN AutoConfig not starting automatically: Each time I restart my PC, I have to start the WLAN AutoConfig service manually. The service property is set to automatic but it still doesn't start. Also, something seems to take several hours to time out waiting for an internet connection when the PC restarts. Can anyone...
  10. WLAN AutoConfig doesn't start

WLAN AutoConfig doesn't start: Tried to do manual start, but it gives error: Error 0x800c0006: The system cannot locate the object specified https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wlan-autoconfig-doesnt-start/7bcad972-11ba-44ad-9d90-d8f3bff9b11a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wlan autoconfig error 126

2. wlansvc error 126

3. windows could not start the wlan autoconfig service on local computer

4. mengatasi Windows 7 could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on LocalComputer.Error 193: Oxc1,
  5. wlan autoconfig start parameter,
  6. windows could not start the wlan autoconfig error 126,
  7. windows could not start wlan autoconfig,
  8. wlan autoconfig error 87,
  9. error 126 windows 10 wlan,
  10. Could not start WLAN autoconfig error 4448,
  11. wlan autoconfig not starting in windows 7 new image will not start,
  12. windows could not start wlan autoconfig service on local computer error 126,
  13. windows could not start wlan autoconfig windows 10,
  14. wlan will not start,
  15. windows could not start wlan uto config servies