Windows 10: Windows could not the start Peer Networking Grouping Service on Local Computer

Discus and support Windows could not the start Peer Networking Grouping Service on Local Computer in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Although Microsoft removed Homegroup from Windows 10 v1803, you can find this feature in the older build of Windows 10 as well as Windows 8/7.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 15, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows could not the start Peer Networking Grouping Service on Local Computer

WinClub, Jun 15, 2018

2. Can not Create Homegroup and error 1068 - Windows could not start the Peer Networking Grouping on Local Computer and

Hi Ken,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per your concern is to create a HomeGroup, do let us know if you are facing the same issue with same error code?

If so, I suggest you to start the services for Peer Networking and check if it helps.

Three particular Windows services manage peer-to-peer networking, and all computers in you are trying to connect should have the same settings in order to reduce error messages and connection problems.

Step 1: Stop the services.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Peer Name Resolution Protocol service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Do the same for Peer Networking Group
      and Peer Networking Identity Manager.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

services.msc
    • Search for Peer Name Resolution Protocol
      service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 16, 2018
  3. error 1068 - Windows could not start the Peer Networking Grouping on Local Computer.

error 1068 - Windows could not start the Peer Networking Grouping on Local Computer. ALSO, Windows could not start the Peer Name Resolution Protocol Service on Local Computer. Peer Networking Identity Manager IS started. All three are set to "automatic"
    startup. I have a three computers, two are running windows10 pro and one is running windows 8.1 and my main system is running windows10 Pro 64 bit.

ArtsFountain, Jun 16, 2018
  4. Windows could not the start Peer Networking Grouping Service on Local Computer

3 key peer services in local services will not start, blocking homegroup function

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to start the services for Peer Networking and check if it helps.

Three particular Windows services manage peer-to-peer networking, and all computers in you are trying to connect should have the same settings in order to reduce error messages and connection problems.

Step 1: Stop the services.

services.msc
    • Search for Peer Name Resolution Protocol service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

services.msc
    • Search for Peer Name Resolution Protocol
      service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

I would also suggest you to refer to these below Microsoft articles and check, if it works.

HomeGroup from start to finish

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...-finish=windows-81&v1h=win81tab1&v2h=win7tab1

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

HomeGroup problems in Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/homegroup-problems-in-windows

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jun 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows could not the start Peer Networking Grouping Service on Local Computer

1. Windows could not the start Peer Networking Grouping Service on Local Computer - Similar Threads - start Peer Networking

2. Windows could not start the Windows Audio service on Local Computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows could not start the Windows Audio service on Local Computer?: Yesterday I was playing games and my audio randomly stopped. I decided I would just turn it off for the day, however on logging on today, the issue persists. I have tried going into the services program and starting the audio service manually but I get this error:How do I fix...
  3. Services: Windows could not start the Bonjour Service service on Local Computer - Error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Services: Windows could not start the Bonjour Service service on Local Computer - Error...: Hello.I am trying to get a musical device to sync up with Windows 10 via USB to perform an update. The update app requires Bonjour Service to work. I am unable to sync my device to my PC. I looked in my services at Bonjour and it looks like Bonjour is not started. Clicking on...
  4. Services: Windows could not start the Bonjour Service service on Local Computer - Error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Services: Windows could not start the Bonjour Service service on Local Computer - Error...: Hello.I am trying to get a musical device to sync up with Windows 10 via USB to perform an update. The update app requires Bonjour Service to work. I am unable to sync my device to my PC. I looked in my services at Bonjour and it looks like Bonjour is not started. Clicking on...
  5. Services: Windows could not start the Bonjour Service service on Local Computer - Error...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. win 7 pro, peer network grouping service not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 7 pro, peer network grouping service not working: win 7 pro, peer network grouping service not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-pro-peer-network-grouping-service-not/de828f9e-bd6c-4bf5-b588-f9b821df6858
  7. win 7 pro, peer network grouping service not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 7 pro, peer network grouping service not working: win 7 pro, peer network grouping service not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-pro-peer-network-grouping-service-not/de828f9e-bd6c-4bf5-b588-f9b821df6858
  8. Windows could not start the Windows Update service on Local Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows could not start the Windows Update service on Local Computer: Hello.Today i want to check my Windows Update, but there's an error."There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070422".So i try to go to...
  9. Windows could not start the Server service on Local Computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows could not start the Server service on Local Computer: Hi Team, I am getting the below error when I start the Sever service Windows could not start the Server service on Local Computer Error 6: The handle is invalid Please help to fix this issue Thanks, Raveendar Y...
  10. Unable to set up a Peer to Peer network for a local area network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to set up a Peer to Peer network for a local area network: I have been trying to set up a P2P network for a local area network so that files can be shared internally through Ethernet connections. When I completed the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I lost all of my network settings. Please help. I cannot scan or share...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows could not start the Peer Netwoking Grouping service on local computer