Windows 10: windows couldn't connect to group policy

Discus and support windows couldn't connect to group policy in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have windows 10 now and my computer takes forever to go on my homepage. It says 'windows couldn't connect to group policy client services. prevents... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tru, Oct 8, 2015.

1. TRU
    tru Win User

windows couldn't connect to group policy

I have windows 10 now and my computer takes forever to go on my homepage. It says 'windows couldn't connect to group policy client services. prevents standard users from signing in'. It also takes a long time to sign out and google chrome takes forever to come up. Windows edge sometimes works a little faster. I wish I never accepted windows 10. My daughter moved away to university and I'll never be able to figure out how to fix this. I tried to use the windows 10 app 'contact support' but it didn't work.

:)

2. Since upgrading to Windows 10

Please tell me how to fix "Windows couldn't connect to the Group Policy Client Services" since I upgraded to Windows 10.

ScotianIAM, Oct 8, 2015
  3. NeilAK Win User
    Stuck at welcome screen with windows 10 upgrade

Attempting to login with non- administrator comes up with error message "Couldn't connect to Group Policy Client Service"

NeilAK, Oct 8, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Oct 8, 2015
Thema:

1. windows couldn't connect to group policy - Similar Threads - couldn't connect group

2. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Group Policy: A user accidentally moved a group of domain computers out of the tree. In the mean time users started logging in. During this time the Group Policy was being pushed, but no users received it. Once the computers group was placed back in the tree and gpupdate enforced, all...
  3. Windows Defender Group Policies

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Group Policies: I am running Windows 10 (AU) 1607, and under the Windows Defender Group Policy setting I had set the Send File Samples when Further Analysis is Required to be SEND SAFE SAMPLES. What is the difference between Send Safe Samples and Send All Samples? Thanks in advance...
  4. Workgroup group policies.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Workgroup group policies.: hello gents and ladies, I am setting up a little work group at home between my laptop and desktop. and for the most part i have gotten it down pat. I know ultimatey I would need Active Directory. But what I want to know is if there is a way to set any group permission...
  5. Group policy client service - cant connect

in Windows 10 Support
    Group policy client service - cant connect: Hi, I've been using my Windows 10 laptop (initially came with Win 8.0, upgraded to Win8.1 then to 10) and this after noon when I booted, Windows started OK, but when I try to log into my a/c I get the error Windows couldn't connect to the Group Policy Client service....
  6. Windows failed to connect to a Group Policy Service

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows failed to connect to a Group Policy Service: When I turned on my Windows 10 Desktop PC this morning, it said it failed to connect to a Group Policy Service or something similar to that. Can someone help me out with this, please? This is my Desktop PC. It's a Acer Aspire XC603G Desktop. Thanks in advance! 41541
  7. Group policy :/

in Windows 10 Support
    Group policy :/: Thanks to @topgundcp Update W-10 manually Which got me piddling around with the whole group/ user policy crap I have found to get rid of the silly lock screen at startup *Party Did think I got rid of some of the annoying web search from the search but seems the new...
  8. Failed to connect to group policy service windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed to connect to group policy service windows 10: This started popping up yesterday. Chrome didnt open so un installed it and now it isnt installing, but firefox works. no apps work. please help. i tried typing netsh an d winsock reser in cmd admin it doesnt help. i keep getting this message its a pain in the neck. i dont...
  9. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy: Hello. I have just had a virus that disabled My Firewall through Group edit. Problem is, I don't have group edit. With the store being broken, its bad. Any suggestions. 43965
  10. Group Policy Failure

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy Failure: Upon starting up I have a box showing for a second or two with msg.: "Windows failed to connect to the Group Policy Service..." Start up then continues. What might cause this and is it serious? Thanks. 42760