Windows 10: Windows Creator Pro Edition

Discus and support Windows Creator Pro Edition in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am a little confused about the Creators Edition I have a machine that is running Windows 10 Pro if I install the Creators Edition does it select a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Trust_No1, May 1, 2017.

1. Trust_No1 Win User

Windows Creator Pro Edition

I am a little confused about the Creators Edition

I have a machine that is running Windows 10 Pro if I install the Creators Edition does it select a Creators Edition Pro or is there such a thing?

:)

Trust_No1, May 1, 2017

2. Which is better Windows 10 pro or anniversary update

See the following:

Windows 10 Home or Pro:

Windows 10 Home or Pro – Which is the Right Edition for You?

Windows 10 1507, Windows 10 November Update (1511), Windows 10 Anniversary Update (1607), Windows 10 Creators Update (1703), Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) - these are what you call Feature Updates. They are released two times per year - March and
    September.

Each come in the different editions such as Home, Pro, Pro Edu, Enterprise.

Andre Da Costa, May 1, 2017
  3. JayWillig Win User
    Creators Update using Media Creation Tool?

I used the Media Creation tool for Creators Edition update from a Home Edition Windows 10, and Created a 1703 IOS file. MY Question is:

Can I take that Same 1703 ISO file and Upgrade a Windows 10 Pro Computer to Creators Edition?

JayWillig, May 1, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Creators Upgrade is a build. Pro is a version. You will still be on Pro but upgraded to a new build.

cereberus, May 1, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    If you download an iso, that is capable of installing either Home or Pro. Your PC will only be upgraded to the version licensed.

If you simply accept the update, and all goes well, nothing to think about.

In other words, you don't have to worry about it.

dalchina, May 1, 2017
  6. jl2509 Win User
    jl2509, May 1, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    I ended up downloading the ISO and doing a clean install on my wife's laptop. If this is going to be the case, I think that I will end up telling her that her laptop is "Broken", to get her off of Windows 10 and just use the Macbook. I do not have to go through a huge headache of clean install of the OS, install Office and setup offline with each time Apple rolls out a new OS. Every time I have to upgrade Windows on her laptop, it takes about three days of my time to do it so that I am not dealing with headaches down the road if it was a roll-up update.

bro67, May 1, 2017
  8. bro67 Win User

The only thing that is different is that stupid Game desktop with the OS. Otherwise everything is the same as previous editions.

bro67, May 1, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    For an upgrade you will be upgraded to the same edition (Pro, Home, etc.) as you had before. For a clean install you can select the edition to install, the media created by the MCT contains Pro, Home, Home (Single language) and Education. It will only activate automatically if you install the same edition as you had before, your digital licence on Microsoft's activation servers is only valid for one edition.

Bree, May 1, 2017
  10. bro67 Win User
    Microsoft has relaxed the license to allow users to use their Windows 7 & 8.x licenses now, instead of having to deal with needing a previous install of 10 on a machine. You also get the choice of either Home or Pro with the new ISO. The only issue that I am seeing is that you cannot get rid of all of the extra apps that we could with AE.

bro67, May 1, 2017
  11. jl2509 Win User
    You still need to have a registered license for either windows 10 pro or home. One licence doe not serve both !
    Whichever is associaed with your live/outlook account or UEFI bios is the version activated

jl2509, May 1, 2017
  12. Bree New Member
    True, but as this machine is already running Windows 10 Pro you can skip entering a key when asked. A clean install of Pro should activate automatically from the existing digital licence.

13. jl2509 Win User

to remove some of the bloat after a clean install, run Powershell in admin mode and enter the following.
    You can copy and paste the whole txt in one go and press enter.
    Remove any lines from the text below where you dont want apps removed.
    ***Note the last app also removes themail app but also removes the calendar app.

jl2509, May 1, 2017
  14. bro67 Win User
    Not anymore. Just need a licensed edition of Windows 7 or 8.x now with Creators. Microsoft is seeing less people move up to this new roll up, because they have scared everyone into believing that they will not be able to use Windows as it was before.

Microsoft marketing is now of course dealing with the fallout by issuing the statements to tell people to hold off upgrading, even though the servers are pushing the force the upgrade out to the users KB.

This is as bad of marketing as it was with Vista, 8 and now 10. Really do not know how it could get any worse, other than that people will not understand the three app store choices. Even I found the Settings menu a bit more confusing with the new changes that Microsoft has put into it.

bro67, May 1, 2017
  15. bro67 Win User
    It did not give me that option, since I had put the Anniversary edition on her machine when I rolled her off of Linux Mint. It is only Clean Installs with Windows that I do, since it lessens the headaches in dealing with her having to deal with Windows issues at work every day. Happy Wife, Happy Life.

bro67, May 1, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows Creator Pro Edition - Similar Threads - Creator Pro Edition

2. Windows 10 Professional Creators Edition - box or not?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Professional Creators Edition - box or not?: Hello, I want to buy 'Windows 10 Professional Creators Edition 32/64-bit USB Drive International' on a USB. I have 2 questions about it: 1. If I change my hardware significantly e.g. motherboard would I be able to use the same license for this new 'computer' without...
  3. Windows creator edition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows creator edition: I keep getting a blue screen it just has a arrow and a power symbol and press he arrow press the arrow and it just reboots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-creator-edition/b21a1c5b-4b61-4e48-9063-5abd1143e79e
  4. Creators edition -- Windows defender BROKEN !!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Creators edition -- Windows defender BROKEN !!!: Hi there apart from really hosing up the Interface (why on earth do people mess with perfectly acceptable programs and then turn it into something HORRIBLE) the scan doesn't work It says it thinks there's a threat on my machine -- but nothing in the logs and when you...
  5. Will the Creators edition help with managing updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will the Creators edition help with managing updates: I just upgraded my Home edition to Pro just to try to gain a little control over updates. I've one other Home machine and don't want to spend another $100 to do the same on it. It seems I remember reading some where in this forum that the CU will offer more control over the...
  6. Updating To Creator Edition

in Windows 10 Support
    Updating To Creator Edition: I just built a new Ryzen system and installed a full version win10 x64. Last night I did a check for updates and it gave me the win10 Creators update. So I went ahead and started it at around 8 PM. I checked at 1 AM and it was installing at 40%. At 8 AM it was at 80%. At 12...
  7. Windows 10 Creator Edition Restart Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Creator Edition Restart Problems: I have a Samsung Ultrabook i5 laptop which was working fine prior to upgrading to Windows 10 Creator last week. Instead of upgrading from the prior version, I opted for a complete clean install using Windows 10 Media Installer. I am having a lot of issues with Windows Restart...
  8. Windows 10 Creators Update Edition Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Creators Update Edition Question: Just wondering,does the Windows 10 Creators Update Edition work ok when you do a upgrade install,I did it last night and the upgrade went fine,and today when playing world of tanks online game the game was freezing,stuttering,losing FPS and it was not playable.After shutting...
  9. Latest update to Creators Edition Freezes....

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest update to Creators Edition Freezes....: Hi all Yesterday I downloaded the latest update for The Creators Edition but it failed twice with an error code 802....... Now when I go to settings to try again, my system hangs when I click on update and security. None of the options to reset or restore will work either....
  10. Install Windows 10 Pro Creators Edition On ASUS P5WD2 Deluxe?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows 10 Pro Creators Edition On ASUS P5WD2 Deluxe?: Hello: I have an old home-built PC, with an ASUS P5WD2 Deluxe motherboard, BIOS 0806 BETA (from 01/14/2010, which is the latest BIOS version available), 4Gb RAM, Pentium 4, 3.2GHz, running Windows XP Pro x32. She has worked perfectly, solidly and continuously for 14...