Windows 10: Windows creator update messed up my homegroup and network

Discus and support Windows creator update messed up my homegroup and network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi, I believe my network was messed up by installing Windows 10 creator update. Now, I am running Windows 10 fall creator, but unfortunately the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by oeivinr, Nov 4, 2017.

1. oeivinr Win User

Windows creator update messed up my homegroup and network

hi,

I believe my network was messed up by installing Windows 10 creator update. Now, I am running Windows 10 fall creator, but unfortunately the problem remains. I have a small network consisting of of a single desktop and a single laptop both running Windows 10 fall creator edition. The laptop is connected via wifi and the desktop is plugged via cable to the router. The laptop shows up on desktop's file manager , but not the other way around.

Any idea how to rectify this would be greatly appreciated.

My homegroup has also been affected in a bad way, which I believe is network related, so it is utterly crucial to fix the network first. I am very dependent on having a network that works properly.

:)

oeivinr, Nov 4, 2017
  2. river1971 Win User

Windows 10 network and homegroup

Everything was working fine until windows 10 update. My network and homegroup is in total mess. I cannot access any of the computers in my network or homegroup.

I never had any any issue when I upgraded to Windows 10 but the Windows 10 update just messed everything up.

Please help. Thank you.

river1971, Nov 4, 2017
  3. river1971 Win User
    Windows 10 network and homegroup

Everything was working fine until windows 10 update. My network and homegroup is in total mess. I cannot access any of the computers in my network or homegroup.

I never had any any issue when I upgraded to Windows 10 but the Windows 10 update just messed everything up.

Please help. Thank you.

river1971, Nov 4, 2017
  4. Windows creator update messed up my homegroup and network

Oeivinr,
    I have a similar problem, at the moment I have a laptop and a desktop in a homegroup.
    The laptop sees the desktop as a media device and can't print to the printer connected to the desktop.
    Open homegroup on the desktop and it says no other homegroup devices available.
    Run the troubleshooter and is says it can't find the problem.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    Cheers,
    Colin

enfield250, Nov 4, 2017
  5. oeivinr Win User
    hi,

Just resolved itself by doing nothing.

oeivinr, Nov 5, 2017
  6. That's good! I asked the question on Google and found that Microsoft have issued a HomeGroup reset after upgrade tool.
    It's free and seems to work.
    Cheers,
    Colin

enfield250, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows creator update messed up my homegroup and network

1. Windows creator update messed up my homegroup and network - Similar Threads - creator update messed

2. Windows update - messed up my network connection?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update - messed up my network connection?: My PC connects via ethernet (I don't have wifi in it). Everything was fine until it ran a Windows Update overnight last night; KB4560960 Since then, my ethernet connection has been broken. It takes literally minutes to load the simplest of pages (often saying "no internet"...
  3. windows update messes up audio and network drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows update messes up audio and network drivers: Yet again after a wednesday update I turn on my network to find the update has mucked up the network drivers on some machines and I have to reset the network on those machines to get them to talk to each other and my NAS drives which hold all my media. This time it also...
  4. HOMEGROUP NIGHTMARE IN WIN 10 phantom ghost messing up all networking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HOMEGROUP NIGHTMARE IN WIN 10 phantom ghost messing up all networking: who cares about all the "bells and whistles" if our computers cannot do BASIC networking of our home computers (desktops and laptops) to share files? the HOMEGROUP is abominable. old phantom homegroups, started from a computer which has been wiped clean for install to 8.1 or...
  5. Creator Update and HomeGroup Issue

Creator Update and HomeGroup Issue: Prior to the update I had no issues: 4 computers connected via wireless to a New Netgear Router. Prior to update, all computers were recognized on the network and the Homegroup. 1) 3 computers see all on the network and Home Group and can access each other and can see...
  6. Homegroup blocked after creator installation

Homegroup blocked after creator installation: Hi, I used to have a home group across a laptop and a desktop both running windows 10 ( before the creator build) which was working as it should. Now, neither computer are on the home group. Trying to log on with the old password fails. I find no option how to set up a new...
  7. Homegroup madness after Creators Update

Homegroup madness after Creators Update: Greetings all. Although it's my first post here, I feel as if I know some of you fairly well after reading dozens of posts about Windows 10 Homegroup problems. Nevertheless, despite all the reading I've done, I am unable to solve this very irritating problem I'm having....
  8. Network mess after last creator update

Network mess after last creator update: With the last update Microsoft created areal network mess. Before the update I could see and access all shared folders on the connected PC's in the LAN . Now I don't see them most of the time or disappear after a while, but the most strange thing is that when I the other...
  9. 2017 windows 10 Creator update damaged Homegroup

2017 windows 10 Creator update damaged Homegroup: Hello, My name is Daniel and I am having issues with the HOMEGROUP ever since the big update that came at the end of spring for windows 10. First, my system is as follows: there are 4 computers: 3 windows 10, 64 bits computers Home Edition, hardwired to the modem...
  10. Fall creators upgrade messed up my system

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall creators upgrade messed up my system: I used the ISO to upgrade my PC to the fall update but after update the task bar is just dead clickable but not responsive. can't open start menu or action center or my networks or volume slider or access settings nothing working and i don't even able to access Settings to...