Windows 10: Windows Credentials issue?

Discus and support Windows Credentials issue? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Laptop and a Desktop, both running Windows 10. The router is a BT Home Hub. In "Network" in the Explorer window of the Laptop I can see and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidPatterson, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Windows Credentials issue?

I have a Laptop and a Desktop, both running Windows 10. The router is a BT Home Hub. In "Network" in the Explorer window of the Laptop I can see and work with all the files and folders in the Desktop as well as the Laptop so I have no difficulty using Explorer to edit or move documents back and forth. However if I access Explorer in my desktop I can't see anything from the laptop. If I go into Windows Credentials manager from my Desktop I'm shown all the credentials from Desktop and Laptop but if I go into Credentials manager from the Laptop there are no credentials shown. Would adding credentials on the Laptop resolve things and, if so, what should I put in? I can send screen shots but they have email addresses and user names so no privacy when posting out to a public domain. Would a Network reset do the trick, do you think? Thanks.

:)

DavidPatterson, Aug 26, 2018
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Aug 26, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Aug 26, 2018
  4. Windows Credentials issue?

Windows 10 Stored Passwords (Credential Mgr) Deleted

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is browser settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Which browser are you using on the computer?
    • Are you using Internet Explorer on the computer?
    • Have you created any system restore points on the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check if web credentials is store in the Web credential window.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Manager Web Credentials." without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then check if you fin the web credentials are present in it or not.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with finding the web credential on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

Windows Credentials issue?

1. Windows Credentials issue? - Similar Threads - Credentials issue

2. Windows Credential Issues After Every Time I Use Linux Halo The Master Chief Collection...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Credential Issues After Every Time I Use Linux Halo The Master Chief Collection...: On my home PC I am dual booting Linux and Windows. The problem I’m experiencing is:Every time I use Linux, the next time I use Windows and try to play Halo MCC, I get an error that says “Error encountered while signing into Xbox Live” which prevents me from playing the game...
  3. Windows Credential Issues After Every Time I Use Linux Halo The Master Chief Collection...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Credential Issues After Every Time I Use Linux Halo The Master Chief Collection...: On my home PC I am dual booting Linux and Windows. The problem I’m experiencing is:Every time I use Linux, the next time I use Windows and try to play Halo MCC, I get an error that says “Error encountered while signing into Xbox Live” which prevents me from playing the game...
  4. Windows Credential Issues After Every Time I Use Linux Halo The Master Chief Collection...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Credential Guard Causes Issue With Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Credential Guard Causes Issue With Secure Boot: I have ~100 PCs on my network, all Dell Optiplexes running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC. I recently swapped out ~30 of them with new Optiplex 7010s. Each of the new PCs would hang up on the Dell Logo screen on the first reboot after joining the domain. I narrowed the issue down...
  6. Credential Guard Causes Issue With Secure Boot

Credential Guard Causes Issue With Secure Boot: I have ~100 PCs on my network, all Dell Optiplexes running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC. I recently swapped out ~30 of them with new Optiplex 7010s. Each of the new PCs would hang up on the Dell Logo screen on the first reboot after joining the domain. I narrowed the issue down...
  7. Credential Guard Causes Issue With Secure Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows credential issues on a local domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows credential issues on a local domain: Novice sysadmin here on a locally hosted domain. We're having an issue with windows credentials where, my endpoints have manually created credentials to access a network share hosted from a local server which contains the front end to an SQL server we run on MS Access,...
  9. Windows credential issues on a local domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows credential issues on a local domain: Novice sysadmin here on a locally hosted domain. We're having an issue with windows credentials where, my endpoints have manually created credentials to access a network share hosted from a local server which contains the front end to an SQL server we run on MS Access,...
  10. Windows credential issues on a local domain