Windows 10: Windows Credentials will not let met acces a computer on my network

Discus and support Windows Credentials will not let met acces a computer on my network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 3 computers #1 a Dell desktop, #2 a Dell All in One and #3 an Acer laptop. All run W10 1709 and are connected to a private wireless network.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JJG10, Feb 28, 2018.

1. JJG10 Win User

Windows Credentials will not let met acces a computer on my network

I have 3 computers #1 a Dell desktop, #2 a Dell All in One and #3 an Acer laptop. All run W10 1709 and are connected to a private wireless network.

1 can access 2 on the network and vice versa. 3 can access 1 and 2 but cannot be accessed by them Each time I try to access 3 from either 1 or two I get a message asking for my network credentials but I will not accept what I believe to be correct as shown by Credentials Manager.

3's Internet and Email works just fine on network.

I feel the problem must lie within 3 and I have checked the set up on 3 and it seems to be identical to that on 1 and 2.

Will someone give me some guidance?

Thank you.

P.S. I know the title of this question doesn't quite fit the 'Good Thread Title' description but it is the best I could come up with.

:)

JJG10, Feb 28, 2018

2. Netwoek Credentials

I attempt to access my external drives attached to my asus router... When I attempt to acces the drives it asks me to enter network credentials. Under the credentials function I removed the need for network credentials but regardless of that change and
    rebooting ...whne I try to access the drives it again asks for network credentials.....It seems that there is a dependency that needs adjustment..... Please advise

PointMan51, Feb 28, 2018
  3. Network Credentials - Does each computer on a network need a DIFFERENT UserName and PassWord?

Each computer participating on a network should have a unique username and password for security reasons.

If they need to access resources on another computer, they should know the name and password of that computer before accessing its resources.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 28, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

You have first created a share and given access to everyone then you must set the NTFS permissions for the folder. When you connect by default windows passes the username/password of the account your logged in with on the connecting pc. If there isnt an account on the pc your connecting to the same as yours it may not let you in so you must either setup an account the same on the pc which is simplest or pass username/password for an account thats on the pc.

What error do you get when you try and connect

Samuria, Mar 1, 2018
  5. JJG10 Win User
    Thank you Samuria.

Here is a screeshot of what I get when I try to open Anda Computer (#3) from my computer #1 or #2.

Windows Credentials will not let met acces a computer on my network [​IMG]

AAG is the user name on #3

JJG10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Credentials will not let met acces a computer on my network - Similar Threads - Credentials let met

2. Need my network credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need my network credentials: Trying to add new laptop to existing network, but don't know my network credentials. Is there a way to retrieve them, or do I need to start all over. Please note that I am not a tech - at all......
  3. Network Credentials?

Network Credentials?: After the last update, I can no longer connect my computers. It asks for "network credentials". Where do these come from? Who set them. And why? I searched all over the internet, and there are any of "solutions," none of which seem to work, including removing all password...
  4. Network Credentials

Network Credentials: I just added a 3rd computer in my home. Everytime I try to connect the computers, it's asking for my user name & password in Network Credentials, I've never been asked that before & I have no idea what those are. Where can I find my Network Credentials? Thanx for your...
  5. network credentials

network credentials: What are network credentials? Every time I try to look thru the network to see my other computers files I get a box asking for user and password. I have no idea how to fill this in. Can you help me or send me someplace where I can find out about networking?...
  6. Network Credentials

Network Credentials: Network Credentials, I have 2 computers on my home network. Since MS deleted homegroup I cannot connect the computer the computers. They both show on each computer under network, but when I try to connect I am asked for network credentials. I enter the account and...
  7. Network computer not acceptin credentials.

Network computer not acceptin credentials.: I have a private wireless network with three computers all running Windows 10. Two use the same Microsoft account and the third uses a different one but they all show up in File Explorer on the first two. But when I try to open the third one I get a request for credentials. I...
  8. Network credentials

Network credentials: How exactly do you create a network credential that works ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-credentials/4c78a2f6-83fa-445e-8410-cf36d7c70540"
  9. network credentials

in Windows 10 Customization
    network credentials: how do I find my network credentials for getting to one computer to another computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/network-credentials/5a264d6d-b154-4085-ab0b-81d2ed1ca00e
  10. Windows Network Credentials

Windows Network Credentials: Dear all, My company has p-p LAN, my PC (desktop) connects to some PC (desktop) always ask "Enter network credentials", but some was not required like that. Which reason? I want to study about that, someone please help to teach me. And I want to no need to enter Windows...