Windows 10: Windows Data Protect crash

Discus and support Windows Data Protect crash in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm having an intermittent occurrence of Microsoft Windows Error Reporting application popping up after loading Windows 10, with a message that says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by B0mbDaBaselV, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Windows Data Protect crash

I'm having an intermittent occurrence of Microsoft Windows Error Reporting application popping up after loading Windows 10, with a message that says "Windows Data Protect has stopped working."

This message hangs for a minute or two, then goes away. I cannot tell if the problem is being fixed automatically, or if it is just going away.

What is Windows Data Protect, and why does it keep crashing?

:)

B0mbDaBaselV, Dec 6, 2015

2. just updated windows10. wish to take back up of windows10.pls assist with procedure.

how to take back up of windows 10?

on doing so, whether the data in harddrive will also be backed up?

if not?

what is system crash?

how to protect system from crashing?

how to protect data in harddrive in cash of sudden crash?

step by step answers will help many of windows users.pls.

STALINRAJENDRAN, Dec 6, 2015
  3. Windows keeps shutting down

2 things that lead to crash in last 5 dump files.

McAfee AV

HP Mobile Data Protection System Disk Filter

Remove McAfee using the removal tool:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/for...

Uninstall the HP Data Protection program using Control Panel.

Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 6, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows Data Protect crash

Well, I guess you mean "Windows Data Protection"
    Pretty technical (and very old I'm afraid.. hopefully you can find sthg more up to date with more time):
    Windows Data Protection

What can you do?
    You will find more information from the relevant Event Log reports, (see Event Viewer) which may point you in the right direction.

Hopefully someone familiar with such issues will be able to help.

You can also do basic checks like
    chkdsk C: /F
    and
    run SFC /scannow
    from an elevated command prompt.

Worth doing to establish a base line.

History:
    - have you clean installed Win 10?
    - or have you upgraded?

Does this happen if you do a clean boot?

dalchina, Dec 9, 2015
  5. I dont know what i did but the error is gone it now doesnt pop up maybe it was a bug or something

B0mbDaBaselV, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Data Protect crash

1. Windows Data Protect crash - Similar Threads - Data Protect crash

2. Protection history crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protection history crashes: Everytime I launches protection history it always crashes. Even if I click pop out view or change it. When I click it it show I don't have history then force quit automatically. I have the latest version of windows. Why this is happening? What to do?...
  3. Protection history crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Protection history crashes: Every time I launch protection history, it crashes even if I click the pop-up to view or change it. When I click on it, it shows that I have no history, then force closes to the desktop. I am on the latest version of windows, and I'm on the latest Virus & threat protection....
  4. bitlocker data protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker data protection: I encountered the bitlocker data protection message when I was trying to recover documents from my hard drive on my laptop. The Lenovo laptop kept over heating and the mother board failed. I removed the ssd drive from the laptop and using an enclosure to access the drive. I...
  5. bitlocker data protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bitlocker data protection: I encountered the bitlocker data protection message when I was trying to recover documents from my hard drive on my laptop. The Lenovo laptop kept over heating and the mother board failed. I removed the ssd drive from the laptop and using an enclosure to access the drive. I...
  6. bitlocker data protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Protection History Crashing

Protection History Crashing: The title says it all. I've found numerous articles on the Internet with this very issue. A file gets blocked from accessing a protected folder, you click the notification, and the Protection History pops up. You can then click the blocked apps and choose whether to allow or...
  8. Protection History Crash

Protection History Crash: https://aka.ms/AA63nd4 I downloaded some keylogger samples and WD successfully block all files. But, windows security crashing if i try open protection history. There is no 'reinstall WD' or 'clear protection history' button. https://youtu.be/4ljxz1zUcYA...
  9. Data Protection or Virus Protection?

in Windows 10 News
    Data Protection or Virus Protection?: How many private users read long and drawn-out privacy policies when buying or installing software anyway? Especially when it comes to security software. After all, these programs promise not only protection from cyberattacks but also greater privacy. The data experts of...
  10. Data & Personal Protection

in Windows 10 Support
    Data & Personal Protection: According to Computer Active, a magazine I have just bought, on page 7 they state that "AVG has issued an updated privacy policy that appears to grant the company the right to harvest and sell on data collected from users of its popular 'free' av tool, including browsing and...