Windows 10: Windows Defender and Sky Broadband Shield

Discus and support Windows Defender and Sky Broadband Shield in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 Home Build 14959 is it O.K. to use Sky Broadband Shield as well as Windows Defender? 69234 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jockanory, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Jockanory Win User

Windows Defender and Sky Broadband Shield

I'm using Windows 10 Home Build 14959 is it O.K. to use Sky Broadband Shield as well as Windows Defender?

:)

Jockanory, Nov 7, 2016

2. Windows 10 PC with Family Safety Enabled Won't Block Youtube

Add "googlevideo.com" to your block list and retry youtube.

Also if you are a Sky Broadband customer you can block youtube by adding youtube.com / youtube.co.uk and googlevideo.com to blocked sites in broadband shield to prevent access to it (in all browsers).

Hope this helps.

madshaun19, Nov 7, 2016
  3. grschinon Win User
    N95 8GB - WLAN

The fault lies with the Sky broadband router. It's a rebranded Netgear router in fact.

The solution that people round here applied was to debrand the router and install up to date firmware into it.

Before you ask, I have no idea exactly how to do that not having a Sky broadband router myself. I'm sure a search on the internet will reveal something.

grschinon, Nov 7, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

You don't want two AV/antimalware packages running at the same time. If you use Sky Broadband Shield as your regular AV, you can still use Defender as "backup protection" to run occasional or periodic scans to pick up what Sky Broadband Shield may miss. There's a tutorial that explains how to turn off real-time protection in Defender, after which it may still be used for occasional scans. Windows Defender Real-time Protection - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 7, 2016
  5. Jockanory Win User
    Thanks Ed. I'll stick with Win Defender then. Just got my Sky Broadband package and Shield was offered free. That's the trouble with bring Scottish, and seeing something for nothing. LOL. Thanks again.

Jockanory, Nov 7, 2016
  6. EdTittel Win User
    You're welcome. I remember trying to run two antispyware packages back in the late 90s or early 2000s and experiencing some truly spectacular blue screens. May this never happen to you!
    Best wishes,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Defender and Sky Broadband Shield - Similar Threads - Defender Sky Broadband

2. Sky drive... Is sky drive not a thing anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sky drive... Is sky drive not a thing anymore?: Is sky drive not a thing anymore? * Moved from Community Participation Center* Original title: Sky drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sky-drive-is-sky-drive-not-a-thing-anymore/1556d502-b332-4368-ae6f-836e07938201
  3. POSSIBLE WINDOWS DEFENDER / SYSTEM MECHANIC PRO SYSTEM SHIELD CONFLICT

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    POSSIBLE WINDOWS DEFENDER / SYSTEM MECHANIC PRO SYSTEM SHIELD CONFLICT: The problem is : System Mechanic Pro System Shield won't initialise and System Shield real time protection cannot be enable. System Shield generates message indicating that Windows Defender must be disabled in order for System Shield to fully function. When Windows Defender...
  4. DNS Server Issue with Sky Broadband

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS Server Issue with Sky Broadband: Recently moved over to Sky Broadband using Sky Hub Router, which works fine with all my non Windows devices (Mac, iPhone, Android Phones, TV's etc). However when I try connect to the internet through my Windows Laptop this connects up to the router, however it will not...
  5. red cross on defender shield in taskbar

red cross on defender shield in taskbar: A red cross instead of the green tick is showing on the defender shield in the taskbar, meaning action needed. When I open the defender control panel everything is ticked green and the last definition update was today. Does anybody know why the red cross is there? Thanks...
  6. SKY GO users with SKY "Q" boxes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SKY GO users with SKY "Q" boxes: Hi folks Users of the SKY GO service on Windows now can access recordings made on a SKY Q box. This is a great update -- especially as you can use the built in app on SKY Q to record Netflix stuff to watch later --SKY Q now has Netflix app (Finally !!). It's now a stand...
  7. Broadband

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Broadband: Broadband is ok in safe mode but slow in normal mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broadband/6745881a-c3b5-4067-8668-268576418f02
  8. Defender shield in taskbar

Defender shield in taskbar: Hello. I have four pc's that display Windows Defender shield in the taskbar and all have a green check mark but one. It seems to have just started this behavior. All looks good when I open to look at the condition but it just seems odd and suspicious. Anyone have an idea what...
  9. Defender shield in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Defender shield in taskbar: Hello. I have four pc's that display Windows Defender shield in the taskbar and all have a green check mark but one. It seems to have just started this behavior. All looks good when I open to look at the condition but it just seems odd and suspicious. Anyone have an idea what...
  10. Protection Shield

in Windows 10 Support
    Protection Shield: I really need to know how to get the Protection Shield on my taskbar. Please help. 120730

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is sky sheild and windows defender enough