Windows 10: Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?

Discus and support Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I reset my pc and chose to pick delete all my files from settings. After the reset my windows browser/app control wasn't showing. In settings it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Arjit Singh, Feb 26, 2024.

1. Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?

Hi I reset my pc and chose to pick delete all my files from settings. After the reset my windows browser/app control wasn't showing. In settings it would have a action recommended but when I clicked it Windows defender would open but close automatically in a second. In notifaction section windows defender Icon would have a warning sign. I have windows 11 version 22631.3155. After the reset my device security was not supported for some reason as it was before the reset and all of this worked before the reset. Nor is my virus protection working. This used to work before the reset but now for so

:)

Arjit Singh, Feb 26, 2024
  2. John Sarc Win User

Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Hi Craig,

There's a possibility that the SmartScreen option is on that's why you're unable to install downloaded apps. Let's try to turn it off and see if it helps. See the steps below:

• Open Windows Defender Security Center from your Start menu, desktop, or taskbar.
    • Click on the App and browser control button on the left side of the window.
    • Click on Off in the Check apps and files section.

Let us know if the suggestion helps you out.

John Sarc, Feb 26, 2024
  3. Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Pictures

edouardlesly1, Feb 26, 2024
  4. Malcolm21 Win User

Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?

Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Did not resolve with Citrix app

Malcolm21, Feb 26, 2024
Thema:

Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?

1. Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset? - Similar Threads - defender app browser

2. Windows defender is missing apps and browser control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender is missing apps and browser control: Hi, I recently reset my PC and I have noticed that apps and browser control is missing from Windows Defender. I tried to select it in Privacy and Security in settings but when I do it doesn't load.I also noticed when I uninstalled my third part antivirus software the virus...
  3. Windows defender is missing apps and browser control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender is missing apps and browser control: Hi, I recently reset my PC and I have noticed that apps and browser control is missing from Windows Defender. I tried to select it in Privacy and Security in settings but when I do it doesn't load.I also noticed when I uninstalled my third part antivirus software the virus...
  4. Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?: Hi I reset my pc and chose to pick delete all my files from settings. After the reset my windows browser/app control wasn't showing. In settings it would have a action recommended but when I clicked it Windows defender would open but close automatically in a second. In...
  5. Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?: Hi I reset my pc and chose to pick delete all my files from settings. After the reset my windows browser/app control wasn't showing. In settings it would have a action recommended but when I clicked it Windows defender would open but close automatically in a second. In...
  6. Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows defender App and browser control (PUA block downloads)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender App and browser control (PUA block downloads): how can i use a reg key to enable below? thanks a lot for your help. :) [img] 176030
  8. Windows defender App and browser control (PUA block downloads)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows defender App and browser control (PUA block downloads): how can i use a reg key to enable below? thanks a lot for your help. :) [img] 176030
  9. App & Browser Control

App & Browser Control: Wonder if anyone has noticed that occasionally, the App & Browser Control is turned off, especially after updating builds. This is happening in my public versions 19041.388 and most Insider builds. Since the icon on the taskbar is hidden by default, its not noticed...
  10. App and Browser Control?

App and Browser Control?: I would just like to know what is the difference between Warn and Block? Would selecting Block prevent users bypassing the warning prompts for users? If yes, then since I am the only one using my own laptop and no one else, would it be fine to just leave it as Warn which is...