Windows 10: Windows Defender Application Guard only for Edge?

Discus and support Windows Defender Application Guard only for Edge? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; While the new Windows Defender Application Guard introduced in the Fall Creators Update if very cool and great, but looks like it is only intended for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by win10freak, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Windows Defender Application Guard only for Edge?

While the new Windows Defender Application Guard introduced in the Fall Creators Update if very cool and great, but looks like it is only intended for Edge browser.

Edge is still not complete and unstable and crashes as I read on many user experiences with it.

I just don't quite understand why MS did not include this for Internet Explorer as well since that is the most standard browser used on most enterprise wide platforms.

While the new advanced security features that are now included in Windows Defender seems to be very promising, but at the same time, one can implement it without it such as not to click on ANY links or attachments in emails that one does not trust. Its pretty simple to implement this without these features if end user education is the number one top priority.

But I'm sure such organizations have other means of blocking their users browsing non-work related sites. It seems that Home users would benefit from such protection the most (I understand that Hyper-V might not be supported on many home PCs, but we live in x64 era already

:)

win10freak, Oct 28, 2017
  2. Ugo Lopez Win User

Why does my computer not have Windows Defender Application Guard ready to turn on on it?

Ciao BobChalker,

I'm Ugo, a Microsoft Independent Advisor willing to help other Microsoft customers.

Regarding your question, Windows Defender Application Guard is only available for Windows 10 Enterprise Edition.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/securi...

Please let me know if this helped somehow.

Ciao

Ugo

Ugo Lopez, Oct 28, 2017
  3. Your Organization used Device Guard to block this app - contact your support person for more info

Does the computer-in-question belong to you or your employer?

Cite:

PA Bear - MS MVP, Oct 28, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Windows Defender Application Guard only for Edge?

...and, only applies to Windows 10 Enterprise edition

Edwin, Oct 28, 2017
  5. dencal Win User
    It does not matter which browser you use, it is protecting the operating system.
    As for Edge instability you must be unlucky.

dencal, Oct 28, 2017
  6. The feature only works for Edge and not Internet Explorer. Just search for it on YouTube they have a demo on how it works.

win10freak, Oct 28, 2017
  7. dencal Win User
    Please reread my post #3....

dencal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender Application Guard only for Edge?

1. Windows Defender Application Guard only for Edge? - Similar Threads - Defender Application Guard

2. Defender Application Guard from Edge just started ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender Application Guard from Edge just started ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.: I can access by local router with the IP but nothing on the web. Edge works find outside of app guard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-application-guard-from-edge-just-started/af013d63-a23e-4df6-a7d2-fd5f5579c30f
  3. Windows Defender Application Guard

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Application Guard: Windows Defender Application Guard is listed on my windows features in control Panel but it's out of colour and when I try to turn on the feature it says my device configuration doesn't support it....
  4. Welcome to Windows Defender Application Guard

Welcome to Windows Defender Application Guard: [IMG][IMG] I have refreshed my PC keeping files as i believed there were malware in my system. I am now trying Windows Defender Application for my Google Chrome extension by using this guide:...
  5. Windows Defender Application Guard

Windows Defender Application Guard: Hi, could you please advise if need to install Hypervisor feature in Windows 10 devices install and configure Windows Defender Application Guard? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/windows-defender-application-guard/reqs-wd-app-guard...
  6. Windows Defender Application Guard settings

Windows Defender Application Guard settings: Hello Team, Kindly let me know few details about Windows Defender Application Guard. 1. When WDAG is implemented in a Company Enterprise Network, Chrome and firefox extension should be added. Let me know whether end user will be able to disable the WDAG extension by...
  7. Windows Defender Application Guard

Windows Defender Application Guard: I found the instructions for installing and setting up Application Guard using GPO. We have moved our entire infrastructure to Microsoft 365 in the cloud so how do you set up Application Guard using Intune policies?...
  8. Windows Defender Application Guard

Windows Defender Application Guard: I like Windows Defender Application Guard and think it is great for browsing. But I do have a query, what is the best behaviour? Is it better to use it just for less reputable websites or it is safer to use it for all of my browsing, even trustworthy sites because they can be...
  9. Windows Defender Application Guard?

Windows Defender Application Guard?: I noticed a setting to enable Windows Defender Application Guard in Edge but can't find discussion of it on the forum. Has anyone used this feature and found it useful? 128727
  10. Introducing Windows Defender Application Guard for Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Windows Defender Application Guard for Microsoft Edge: We’re determined to make Microsoft Edge the safest and most secure browser. Over the past two years, we have been continuously innovating, and we’re proud of the progress we’ve made. This is reflected by Microsoft Edge having the fewest vulnerabilities of any major browser on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender application guard 50%