Windows 10: Windows Defender becomes a hidden icon and stays

Discus and support Windows Defender becomes a hidden icon and stays in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Windows Defender set to not show on the taskbar and it normally doesn't show in any form however when I launch the program or do a scan, the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tomseys, Nov 12, 2015.

1. tomseys Win User

Windows Defender becomes a hidden icon and stays

I have Windows Defender set to not show on the taskbar and it normally doesn't show in any form however when I launch the program or do a scan, the "show hidden icon" arrow will appear on the taskbar and if I click it, the Windows defender icon is there. Once I'm done with Windows defender and have closed it, the hidden icon arrow remains along with the defender icon that can be accessed by clicking it. How can i make this hidden icon arrow either never show when I do a win defender scan or at least go away once done with my use of Win defender - like the way it was before I clicked it? Restarting the computer btw does remove it until I launch it again. Thanks.

:)

tomseys, Nov 12, 2015

2. Windows Defender is on but after reboots its brick wall icon does not show up in the area reserved for ^show hidden icons

Original Title: Windows Defender -- Is it active?

According to Settings Windows Defender is on but after reboots its brick wall icon does not show up in the area reserved for ^show hidden icons. Is Windows Defender actually on immediately after reboots or when the computer is powered back up after being
    turned off even if its Icon is not displayed when the ^show hidden icons is selected?

The Defender Icon does show up and then resides as a hidden Icon if I manually go to settings and select the "use Windows Defender" selection.

RandyDampier, Nov 12, 2015
  3. Laurie823 Win User
    Annoying GWX (Get Windows 10) icon & notification - does not stay hidden

I have same problem on 2 laptops with windows 7 1 desktop with windows 7 and desktop with windows 8 icon does not stay hidden.

Laurie823, Nov 12, 2015
  4. Windows Defender becomes a hidden icon and stays

Yes is the behaviour of the program

garydexter, Nov 12, 2015
Thema:

Windows Defender becomes a hidden icon and stays

1. Windows Defender becomes a hidden icon and stays - Similar Threads - Defender becomes hidden

2. Language bar will not stay hidden

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language bar will not stay hidden: I'm using Windows 10Everytime I restart my computer, the language bar icon will show up on the taskbar. Then i'll go to the advanced settings, turn it off, and as soon as I restart again, it's back again. I can't find a way to keep it hidden or to delete the second language I...
  3. Language bar will not stay hidden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language bar will not stay hidden: I'm using Windows 10Everytime I restart my computer, the language bar icon will show up on the taskbar. Then i'll go to the advanced settings, turn it off, and as soon as I restart again, it's back again. I can't find a way to keep it hidden or to delete the second language I...
  4. Language bar will not stay hidden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hidden Icons

Hidden Icons: How to add program icon to Hidden Icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-icons/f029ee56-bcc3-4293-8927-177048f073ab
  6. Windows Defender becoming a virus!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender becoming a virus!: I am currently spending HOURS copying files from a smaller drive in my NAS to a new larger drive. Well low and behold, Windows Defender decided I cant handle my own files and decided to delete files that are NOT viruses and are part on some emulators and other things I have....
  7. Missing hidden icons in the hidden icon tray.

Missing hidden icons in the hidden icon tray.: Good evening! I have noticed that I have something running on my computer in the hidden icon tray that is always invisible. I have deleted and refreshed my windows explorer icon memory in the registry editor and restarted the windows explorer in the process manager, yet...
  8. Windows become and stay transparent

Windows become and stay transparent: Problem: I have it so when dragging a window they become transparent. But sometimes the window will get stuck in transparent mode. I've noticed a couple things. First this occurs when I hold the dragged window and have changed directions. Second, the permanent...
  9. hidden icons

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hidden icons: how do I access hidden icons in windows 10. I wish to safely remove an external hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-icons/320d46af-1c46-47b1-b78f-2c29cc240577
  10. Hidden Icons

Hidden Icons: A black circle with the number 9 as suddenly appeared in my hidden icons. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/hidden-icons/3283557f-dd13-42c6-a33d-ff54ec7f6f88