Windows 10: Windows Defender Blockes Everything (SOLVED)

Discus and support Windows Defender Blockes Everything (SOLVED) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; On February I posted this question:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by IulianFartade1, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Windows Defender Blockes Everything (SOLVED)

On February I posted this question:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/windows-defender-blockes-everything/4cc6b9ba-86e4-438f-b9bf-475b7705715b

Unfortunately I found no valid answer. I managed thow to figure out what I was doing wrong. I started using OneDrive and selected the Documents folder. It looks like this was blocking all, as soon as I removed OneDrive, it started working correctly.

I think Microsoft needs to tune up some security settings for OneDrive Windows Defender Blockes Everything  (SOLVED) ;)

:)

IulianFartade1, Jul 23, 2018
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Windows Defender is blocking too much saying it viruses

Hi Sam,

Based on the screenshot that you've provided, Controlled Folder Access is turned on, blocking most apps that you're using. We suggest that you turn it off to allow blocked apps in Windows Defender. Follow the steps below:

• Select Start > Settings.
    • Choose Update & security > Windows Defender.
    • Select Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Select Virus & threat protection, and then choose Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Under Controlled folder access, turn it on or off.
    • Once done, try accessing the apps and see if you can now access them.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Anne Ros, Jul 23, 2018
  3. windows defender blocking updates and changes to programs

Hi,

You can add the file in the file exclusion list to stop Windows Defender Antivirus
    from alerting you or blocking the program. We suggest that you visit this
    link on how to add an exclusion to Windows Defender Antivirus.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Anna Bol Win User

Windows Defender Blockes Everything (SOLVED)

Windows Defender Blocking

Hi Aeolus0,

You can add allowed folder or apps in the Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access, as it basically blocks almost every changes when it is turn on. You may try to follow these steps to add allowed apps:

• Open Windows Defender Security Center then select Virus & threat protection icon.
    • Click the Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Click Allow an app through Controlled folder access.
    • Select Add an allowed app, navigate and select the app you want to add, select Open then click Yes.
    • You might be prompted a UAC to continue.
    • You can click the Remove button if you want to remove the added app.
    • Close the Windows Defender windows.

On the other hand, if you want to allow a blocked app in Windows Defender Security Center, you may check this

article

Let us know how it goes.

Anna Bol, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender Blockes Everything (SOLVED)

1. Windows Defender Blockes Everything (SOLVED) - Similar Threads - Defender Blockes Everything

2. Windows Defender blocked by a virus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender blocked by a virus: Hi! The past few days I just got a virus really don't know how it was a Trojan and it totally disabled my defender. Also sometimes my windows defender works sometimes not I just restarted my windows and it worked but 3 or 4 hours later it again disables itself. When it worked...
  3. windows security try to blocks everything

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows security try to blocks everything: windows security try to block everything including Xbox app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-try-to-blocks-everything/66b8df0a-abd4-498d-9053-d523454373e8
  4. How to solve Application Blocked?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to solve Application Blocked?: When I am using download tools via network of eduroam, it always show up this. I could use them several weeks ago and can use them via network of hotspot of my mobile phone. How to solve that? Application Blocked Access to the application you were trying to use has been...
  5. I can't download anything to my computer. Window defender is blocking everything.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't download anything to my computer. Window defender is blocking everything.: I can't download anything to my computer. Window defender is blocking everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-download-anything-to-my-computer-window/0be0e10a-be82-481a-b997-3fd7ab23a5aa
  6. windows defender blocks programs

in Windows 10 Support
    windows defender blocks programs: After last update my Open Office programs will not save any changes. My Quicken 17 will not save changes. I disabled windows defender and everything seemed to work. Asus Laptop with SSD drive and 8 mem Is MS aware of this and will it be fixed soon. Do I need to buy a new...
  7. Windows defender blocking everything

Windows defender blocking everything: I'm just trying to install games with gog galaxy and windows ransomware protection keeps blocking everything! I know i have to add exclusions or just disable the protection, but why should i have to do this!? Why is windows defender blocking everything!? I have malwarebytes...
  8. Defender blocking everything

in Windows 10 Customization
    Defender blocking everything: Hi I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem that I have started having with defender, It blocks everything I try to do, I cannot save any pictures or add music files to now playing lists without it throwing up a message and blocking everything...….I have attached a...
  9. Windows Defender blocking PUA?

Windows Defender blocking PUA?: Few questions about blocking PUA in Windows Defender. I enabled the prevention or blocking of PUAs and would like to ask how intrusive the notifications are? Are there a lot of false positives? I only download and install apps which I really need, no Java installed and...
  10. Windows Defender slowing everything

Windows Defender slowing everything: We have had 4-5 users over the last 2 business days reporting extreme system slowness all of a sudden. This appears to be cause by the ‘antimalware service executeable’ in task manager, using high CPU and Disk write capacity (up to 150MB/s). This makes our affected laptops...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender blocking everything

2. windows defender is blocking everything

3. windows defender blocks everything

4. windows 10 defender blocking everything,
  5. why is windows defender blocking everything,
  6. windows defender blocking quickbooks,
  7. why does windows defender block everything,
  8. windows defender firewall blocking everything,
  9. windows defender blocks real downloader,
  10. folder access blocks everything,
  11. Windows defender is shit and blocking everything i use ,