Windows 10: Windows Defender blocks latest Auslogics' disk defrag download

Discus and support Windows Defender blocks latest Auslogics' disk defrag download in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I guess WD may be right. The executable size went from roughly 7,5mb to 11,5mb for latest version. Fishy to say the least. For anyone who wants to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by eLPuSHeR, Jan 23, 2018.

1. eLPuSHeR Win User

Windows Defender blocks latest Auslogics' disk defrag download

I guess WD may be right. The executable size went from roughly 7,5mb to 11,5mb for latest version. Fishy to say the least.

For anyone who wants to try: Disk Defrag - Best Free Defrag Software For Your Hard Drive

PS - If you scroll the page below, there is a PORTABLE VERSION that doesn't trigger WD's behaviour.

Comments? *Cool

:)

eLPuSHeR, Jan 23, 2018
  2. HairyFool Win User

[partintioning problem][disk management] Shrink space is so low but i have a huge space free

There are a number of causes for this some of which can be solved within Windows such as disabling System Restore, Hibernation and Swap File (the last can cause problems) but even then the problem can remain and the unmovable file causing the block appears
    invisible. In my case it was a database file used by NTFS itself.

Windows Defragment does not do anything with it, as far as it is concerned the file does not exist. I was able to fix it by using Auslogic Defraggler instead

Welcome to the Disk Defrag Free Download Center

Once this had been run I could use the space I wanted

HairyFool, Jan 23, 2018
  3. Booting up takes 3 minutes, possible cause is dxgkrnl.sys not loaded

Start Menu\Programs\Auslogics\Disk Defrag Professional

Does this software automatically run every time you boot the computer?

Gerry C J Cornell, Jan 23, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender blocks latest Auslogics' disk defrag download

1. Windows Defender blocks latest Auslogics' disk defrag download - Similar Threads - Defender blocks latest

2. Auslogics Registry Cleaner App Blocked in Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auslogics Registry Cleaner App Blocked in Windows 11 Pro: Good day, Community: I just reset my PC to "Factory Fresh" condition and installed a pair of free to use Auslogics products: Auslogics Disk Defrag and Auslogics Registry Cleaner. While both apps installed without a glitch, when I tried to run them I received the following app...
  3. auslogics disk defrag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    auslogics disk defrag: so as most of you probably know, its not really a good idea to defrag your ssd, but auslogics offers an option to defrag your ssd with some algorithms they made to optimize your ssd. what do you guys opinion about this, has anyone tested it and if so, what were your results?...
  4. defrag disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    defrag disk: How do I run the disk defrag program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defrag-disk/b78f7054-39ca-4eae-824e-6be83cdfd2c4
  5. Windows defender blocked after latest updates?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender blocked after latest updates?: After todays latest updates, unable to use Windows Defender, blocked by Group Policy? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-blocked-after-latest-updates/81667f23-1b93-48b1-b18c-5fc213ae0167
  6. Windows 10 disk defrag not there.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 disk defrag not there.: I have Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and two SSD's. I wanted to setup defrag to run trim regularly but disk defrag does not seem to be installed. When I go to the tools of my SSD and click optimize nothing happens and the disk defrag service is not even installed. How can I resolve...
  7. Defender blocking file download.

Defender blocking file download.: I am unable to download photos or other files into folders unless I disable Defender Real Time Protection. I cannot properly run FreeFileSync, KeePass2, O&OSU.exe, and am unable to download photos form my Canon camera. Desperately need help!...
  8. windows defender blocks downloads

windows defender blocks downloads: says has virus alert avg was just uninstalled on sons computer through revo uninstaller 102996
  9. Disk Cleanup vs CCleaner and Auslogics Defrag. What is reccomended?

Disk Cleanup vs CCleaner and Auslogics Defrag. What is reccomended?: Hi, Until now I've been using CCleaner and Auslogics Disk Defrag to keep my computer performance and health good, but are these programs really necessary when there is Windows 10's own Disk Cleanup Tool? What do you do to keep your computer running at peak performance?...
  10. Windows disk defragmenting and optimizing!

Windows disk defragmenting and optimizing!: I really think MS should come up with a better way to put these two Disk Defragmenting and Optimizing into they're own seperate location that is meant for the different drive that users have on they're computer like put the Disk Defragmantation in the Hard disk drive location...