Windows 10: Windows Defender claims malware

Discus and support Windows Defender claims malware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just by starting up I.E., Windows defender claims that it is taking action to clean delete malware. I have ran WD, Malwarebytes etc with no problems.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by meebers, Feb 26, 2015.

1. meebers Win User

Windows Defender claims malware

Just by starting up I.E., Windows defender claims that it is taking action to clean delete malware. I have ran WD, Malwarebytes etc with no problems. Antisuperspyware claims "Trojan agent/gen-downloader" and adware.dealply/variant claims they were removed. Subsequent runs no longer show those, but I am getting advertisements in the middle of all of the posts on this forum??*Mad Ad by savinshop are everywhere. Ad to install java plug-in everywhere also. Not sure what to do next.

:)

meebers, Feb 26, 2015

2. malware

Widows Defender is popping up claiming it has "Found Some Malware and is deleting it." Earlier it had found SWF/Meadgive - but I traced and got rid of it as Defender didn't. Now when Defender claims it has found Malware and is getting rid of it - I
    check and find no history of this in Defender, nothing in quarantine, nothing period! Yet Windows Defender continues to pop up and claim there is malware found - though it doesn't show it when checked. This is driving me crazy! No other program to detect
    and deal with malware now shows SWF/Meadgive or any other malware and think Windows Defender is not working correctly. As such am going to close it down for a while and let my firewall and virus/malware programs take care of it.

JeanDonnel, Feb 26, 2015
  3. GDPA300 Win User
    Windows Defender

I have been running Windows Defender 10 continuously and never had an notification of a hack or malware. Yet yesterday, my computer got frozen with an alert from an outside company claiming a series of computer hacks. Could not unfreeze computer so had
    to work with them. Of course, they want a contract for continuous service. Claim was it was a network violation and that Windows Defender wouldn't pick it up. Is that possible? Signed novice user.

GDPA300, Feb 26, 2015
  4. kbz1960 Win User

Try going to TrendMicro housecall and run a scan.

kbz1960, Feb 28, 2015
  5. Yikes TrendMicro *Shock
    No please don't do that *Smile

Refresh your install with the install media,
    Refresh Windows 10

ThrashZone, Mar 6, 2015
  6. meebers Win User
    After I thought that I got it cleared up, the adds would re-appear*Mad.. Wiped the disk, reformatted and reinstalled, now its back to being calm again. *Biggrin

meebers, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Defender claims malware - Similar Threads - Defender claims malware

2. Malware over windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware over windows defender: A malware has added itself in windows defender exclusions folder... Can't remove it from there...And I'm not able to install any other Antivirus,It says "program blocked by administrator - contact your administrator"I can't even open "Program data" Folder.. It closes...
  3. Windows defender claims malware was quarantined but my accounts were still compromised,...

Windows defender claims malware was quarantined but my accounts were still compromised,...: i foolishly downloaded a malware, im sure it was a trojan and windows defender quarantined 4 of them. I did all types of scans and they all came out clear. Over the next few days i noticed my social media accounts were compromised as well as 1 credit card and my amazon...
  4. Windows Defender deleted by malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender deleted by malware: Few days ago, I tried installing a video game from the internet, after the installation my PC began to over heat, I received various pop up on the screen.. I went to my windows Defender but the error message was that my defenders was not found, I had to reinstall a new...
  5. Windows Defender deleted by malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender deleted by malware: Few days ago, I tried installing a video game from the internet, after the installation my PC began to over heat, I received various pop up on the screen.. I went to my windows Defender but the error message was that my defenders was not found, I had to reinstall a new...
  6. Someone called and claimed I have Malware

Someone called and claimed I have Malware: "Got a call from someone saying they were from Amazon and wanting me to go to my google search and type "SIXME.TOOLS" I hung upon them but is this some type of new virus/malware?"[Original Title: Malware]...
  7. Windows defender is not Identifying Malware

Windows defender is not Identifying Malware: Hello there, I ran an online scan today using one recognized AV provider and found 6 trojans/malwares in my machine where some of them were not able to detect by Defender. The windows 10 is up-to-date with latest updates. Build 1909. I have enabled UAC and protected...
  8. Windows Defender Malware Detection

Windows Defender Malware Detection: I get a notice into about half way through a quick scan that preliminary results show malware or unwanted programs may be on your computer. Results will be shown in Details after scan completes. I get this now on every scan I do including full scan. At completion there is...
  9. Malware removes Windows Defender

Malware removes Windows Defender: Hi! About two weeks ago I've got a virus, which not only wasn't found or blocked by Windows Defender but it has completely deleted Defender from system! I've used Malwarebytes to delete malware and then I used system restore to have Defender back. But two days ago the same...
  10. Windows Defender Misses Malware

Windows Defender Misses Malware: I'm writing to you about an anti-virus that missed 79 threats. Sad. =( I would like to receive a report... Malwarebytes www.malwarebytes.com -Данные журнала- Дата проверки: 28.01.2019 Время проверки: 23:31 Файл журнала: 2361c266-2344-11e9-b13b-00ff12859955.json...