Windows 10: Windows Defender closing automatically

Discus and support Windows Defender closing automatically in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there I have this problem with Windows Defender it closes itself after almost 5:00 after being activated. I have no antivirus and not planning... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Racu, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Racu Win User

Windows Defender closing automatically

Hi there

I have this problem with Windows Defender it closes itself after almost 5:00 after being activated.
    I have no antivirus and not planning to get one.
    Tried with the Demo version with Kaspersky and nothing was found.
    Here are the screen shots from the "Event Log"

Windows Defender closing automatically [​IMG]

Windows Defender closing automatically [​IMG]

It is usually the same behavior after almost 5 minutes it just stops working.
    I already checked the "services.msc" with no luck after fiddling with the settings it is set to "Automatic" now.

Any idea what can I do to restore the original behavior. It seems like it has a scheduled task to close it self after 5 minutes after start.
    Can't find anything in Google.
    Any help will be appreciated.

Best Regards
    Ne0R@Cu

:)

Racu, Mar 1, 2017

2. Defender Settings automatically closes

go to services

find security centre

click stop

then click start(do not click restart)

restart your computer

it fixed mine

thanks

regards

ARNAV MISHRA

arnavmishra_957, Mar 1, 2017
  3. Defender Settings automatically closes

I'm using Windows 10 Pro 1511 10586.122.

I did a fresh install of Windows about 1.5 weeks ago, formatted and everything, so it was clean. I installed some of my apps, and then I discovered the only problem I'm having is when I go to
    Settings > Updates & security > Defender, the Settings screen immediately closes.

Same thing happens if I open Defender, then click Settings
    (it begins to open Settings, but as it's loading, it exits).

Defender (minus the settings) works just fine, but I have no way of changing the Settings. I'm not sure if my "fresh" install of Windows was acting this way, or if it was one of the many apps that got loaded afterwards (I discovered it about halfway into
    my re-install process).

I have all the latest Windows Updates. Below I have the event logs and a ProcMon dump

Application Event Logs:

Fault bucket 133287298442, type 5

Event Name: MoAppCrash

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: windows.immersivecontrolpanel_6.2.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

P2: praid:microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel

P3: 10.0.10586.11

P4: 56457cb1

P5: combase.dll

P6: 10.0.10586.103

P7: 56a849ab

P8: 80070002

P9: 00000000000324cd

P10:

Attached files:

C:\Users\a\AppData\Local\Temp\WER5EFD.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_windows.immersiv_d293b57ac8ec52bead1439aa2db3627aff895a7e_8de139c6_0b9560a3

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: 75aa8d11-4930-4881-a440-7b962d58bbda

Report Status: 0

Hashed bucket: 5de1c6cb5dbecbbfa0558930e820cd60

and:

Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.10586.11, time stamp: 0x56457cb1

Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.10586.71, time stamp: 0x5699d8e0

Exception code: 0xc000027b

Fault offset: 0x00000000006fce8b

Faulting process id: 0x3024

Faulting application start time: 0x01d178faafdeb70f

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll

Report Id: 75aa8d11-4930-4881-a440-7b962d58bbda

Faulting package full name: windows.immersivecontrolpanel_6.2.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

Faulting package-relative application ID: microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel

ProcMon Dump:

"Time of Day","Process Name","PID","Operation","Path","Result","Detail" "9: - Pastebin.com

Has anyone experienced this? Any known fixes? Thanks

Adam Plocher, Mar 1, 2017
  4. Windows Defender closing automatically

Racu,

Please press the Windows key + R, open Run, type: taskschd.msc

If task is found, use Actions (right column) to do what you wish.

cottonball, Mar 2, 2017
  5. Racu Win User
    Thank your cottonball, but no, there is an instance for Windows Defender, but it is empty. no scheduled task to close Windows Defender after 5 minutes of being started.

Regards
    Ne0R@Cu

Racu, Mar 3, 2017
  6. cottonball, Mar 3, 2017
  7. Racu Win User
    Thank you very much for your time Cottonball

I have tried both of your suggestion and none of them worked for me.
    One thing I have to point out after checking of the logs of the DISM procedure is that I had used Rapr to "clean up" the drivers folder, after a fresh install and total update I had recovered more than 10Gb after Running Rapr.
    May have happened that it also cleaned any Windows Defender "Driver"?

Again thank you for your time to try to help me out.

Regards
    Ne0R@Cu

Racu, Mar 8, 2017
  8. Windows Defender closing automatically

Hmmm, no clue. Good question for Mr. @EdTittle

He is very knowledgeable about: RAPR

cottonball, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender closing automatically

1. Windows Defender closing automatically - Similar Threads - Defender closing automatically

2. App automatically close!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App automatically close!: Hello everyone!I have a laptop that worked completely fine. But yesterday it has a problem, started with my reading book app - bibliovore when I change the font for the book, and it was loading after that it teleported me back to the home page I don't know if it is related to...
  3. Windows automatically getting closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows automatically getting closed: I updated my windows 10 laptop and after some months i am facing the problem of all my opened windows/software/folders getting closed automatically when i open any folder having pictures in it, I can't use it properly since all the work I am doing is automatically getting...
  4. protection history in windows defender closed automatically

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    protection history in windows defender closed automatically: my protection history in windows defender closed automatically. how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/protection-history-in-windows-defender-closed/4a107571-572d-4323-b0ca-0955cc8c86dc
  5. Windows Defender Windows Security automatically closes after I select: Protection History...

Windows Defender Windows Security automatically closes after I select: Protection History...: After struggling to access protection history and allowed threats in Windows Defender see the following...
  6. Windows closes apps automatically.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows closes apps automatically.: When I try to open discord or the League of Legends Client or any sort of external program except chrome, it automatically closes the program. I’ve restarted my computer as well as shut it down 3-4 times. The programs are also on different storages. submitted by...
  7. Windows Defender closes itself

Windows Defender closes itself: Hey everyone! The other day, I was trying to download a file that one of my friends sent to me. I downloaded it, but it got instantly deleted by Windows Defender. I know that it's not a virus, so I tried to enable it in Windows Defender. the option called "allow on device"...
  8. Windows automatically close settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows automatically close settings: I just turn on the Stream HDR in Windows HD Colours<System<Settings and when I decided to do more changes about the HD colours, the windows automatically closed the settings. Does anyone know how to fix that? Thanks....
  9. Windows Update Closes Automatically

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Closes Automatically: * Windows Update closes automatically when i try to open/click on it. * Windows Store is NOT opening at all even after reinstalling it after deleting. Shows an error message "STUMBLED"..........
  10. Apps closing automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps closing automatically: It started a few days ago. Whenever i try to open Camera, Store etc. they close automatically. However i can open apps that i have installed from Store and Settings. 54986

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows security defender screen closes automatically when trying to open