Windows 10: Windows Defender Crashes my PC

Discus and support Windows Defender Crashes my PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Defender crashes my PC after running a full scan for about 15 minutes. *Sad Quick scan is fine, updating definitions is fine. I am on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Martin887766, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Windows Defender Crashes my PC

Windows Defender crashes my PC after running a full scan for about 15 minutes. *Sad

Quick scan is fine, updating definitions is fine. I am on Windows 10. Worked perfect on Windows 7.

:)

Martin887766, Jul 12, 2016

2. Windows Defender Definition Update Issue

Hi guys so for the past couple days I've been getting the Unexpected Store Exception Blue Screen crash and I've tried every single thing that I possible could, the only thing that I have noticed is everytime my pc crashes, without fail I can go to my windows
    updates have it check for updates and find that it needs to update the Windows Defender. So I update it and I hit "Check for Updates" a couple times but it tells me everything is up to date and fine. The PC then crashes and once restarted and I hit Check for
    Updates again, the Windows Defender needs to be updated once more. Given that nothing else is helping me fix the crash, I can only assume there is an issue with the Windows Defender Definition update, any help?

AlexanderJochheim, Jul 12, 2016
  3. shendrix1 Win User
    Windows Defender (msmpeng.exe) huge memory usage + commit size making PC unsuable until restart

Sometime relatively recently, I started getting random out of memory messages and application crashes. I discovered that Windows Defender (msmpeng.exe) is using huge amounts of ram. Task Manager showed > 3GB in use, and the commit size a whopping 19GB. My
    PC pretty much becomes unusable at this point until I restart it.

Is there any advice how to fix this? Is there a way to restart Windows Defender without restarting the PC? Should I just disable Windows Defender?

shendrix1, Jul 12, 2016
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Windows Defender Crashes my PC

You may wish to run a SFC to verify there are no corrupted files. Option 3 is recommended, but there are other options you can use.

SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows Defender Crashes my PC [​IMG]
    Note If SFC could not fix something, then run the command again to see if it may be able to the next time. Sometimes it may take running the sfc /scannow command up to 3 times with restarting the computer after each time to completely fix everything that it's able to.

If not, then run the Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command to repair any component store corruption, restart the PC afterwards, and try the sfc /scannow command again.

Borg 386, Jul 12, 2016
Thema:

Windows Defender Crashes my PC

1. Windows Defender Crashes my PC - Similar Threads - Defender Crashes

2. Windows Defender History Crashes; Can’t Delete detections.log

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender History Crashes; Can’t Delete detections.log: [ATTACH]Windows Defender is the default antivirus in Windows PC, which protects the PC against various threats such as malware, viruses, and others. While Windows Defender keeps track of all its actions to safeguard your PC against these threats, many users have complained of...
  3. My Windows Defender crashes my pc due to high CPU usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows Defender crashes my pc due to high CPU usage.: For a couple of days now, Windows Defender has been using 100% of my CPU during normal actions, not to mention full scans, crashing and lagging my pc to no end. Since i couldnt complete a scan to search for malware, i opted for a full recovery of my pc, since it was a...
  4. My Windows Defender crashes my pc due to high CPU usage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows Defender crashes my pc due to high CPU usage.: For a couple of days now, Windows Defender has been using 100% of my CPU during normal actions, not to mention full scans, crashing and lagging my pc to no end. Since i couldnt complete a scan to search for malware, i opted for a full recovery of my pc, since it was a...
  5. My Windows Defender crashes my pc due to high CPU usage.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. PC Crashing randomly on games and consistently on Defender Full Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashing randomly on games and consistently on Defender Full Scan: Hi All,My PC is constantly crashing rebooting randomly on some games and always on Windows Defender Full Scan after a couple of minutes.Everything is up to date. Yesterday ran a full MemTest86 for almost 5 hours and found 0 problems with a nice green PASS message at the end.I...
  7. PC Crashing randomly on games and consistently on Defender Full Scan

PC Crashing randomly on games and consistently on Defender Full Scan: Hi All,My PC is constantly crashing rebooting randomly on some games and always on Windows Defender Full Scan after a couple of minutes.Everything is up to date. Yesterday ran a full MemTest86 for almost 5 hours and found 0 problems with a nice green PASS message at the end.I...
  8. Microsoft Defender SHOULD NOT CRASH AT ALL!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender SHOULD NOT CRASH AT ALL!!!!!!!: I am using my brand new Dell Inspiron 14 7420 2-in-1 i just clean installed Windows 11 Pro 22H2 then I installed all latest Windows Updates installed and all latest drivers installed still I still getting Microsoft Defender still crashing!!! Last time I had submitted in...
  9. Microsoft Defender SHOULD NOT CRASH AT ALL!!!!!!!

Microsoft Defender SHOULD NOT CRASH AT ALL!!!!!!!: I am using my brand new Dell Inspiron 14 7420 2-in-1 i just clean installed Windows 11 Pro 22H2 then I installed all latest Windows Updates installed and all latest drivers installed still I still getting Microsoft Defender still crashing!!! Last time I had submitted in...
  10. AMD Crash Defender - 'Es necesario reiniciar'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    AMD Crash Defender - 'Es necesario reiniciar': Hola, buen día!Tengo una duda; desde hace un par de semanas mi PC me pone la siguiente notificación:"Es necesario reiniciar el equipo para poder finalizar la configuración de este dispositivo"AMD Crash Defender Por lo que estube investigando, al parecer es una actualización...