Windows 10: Windows Defender Domain Firewall blocks my home network

Discus and support Windows Defender Domain Firewall blocks my home network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For no reason that I can figure out, my home network stopped working. I got the 'you don't have permission' message. The only way I could get it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MsRascal, Jul 21, 2018.

1. MsRascal Win User

Windows Defender Domain Firewall blocks my home network

For no reason that I can figure out, my home network stopped working. I got the 'you don't have permission' message.

The only way I could get it to work was to turn off the Windows Defender Domain Firewall. Both the Private and Public firewalls are still on.

It is just a home network. And I have a firewall running on the router.

Should I be concerned about the domain firewall being turned off? And if so, is there another solution?

:)

MsRascal, Jul 21, 2018
  2. John Sarc Win User

Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    windows defender firewall

Hi Faye,

Third-party antivirus programs usually have their own uninstallers provided by the software developer. We suggest checking the developer's website or contacting their support team for assistance with uninstalling their program. After fully uninstalling the
    third-party antivirus software, you may turn on Windows Defender by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Windows Defender Security Center and press Enter.
    • Click Firewall and network protection.
    • Click Private (discoverable) network and click On.
    • Click Public (non-discoverable) network and click On.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about Windows Defender.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 21, 2018
  4. Windows Defender Domain Firewall blocks my home network

Windows Defender - Firewall and Network Protection

Hi,

We suggest that you try restarting Windows Defender service and check if issue is resolved. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X key and type services.msc,
      hit enter.
    • Search Windows Defender Service.:1)Windows Defender Service ; 2)
      Windows Defender Network.
    • Right click on each and press Start.
    • Restart your computer and check if issue persist.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender Domain Firewall blocks my home network

1. Windows Defender Domain Firewall blocks my home network - Similar Threads - Defender Domain Firewall

2. Firewall blocked my wifi network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall blocked my wifi network.: I installed Utorrent web on my windows 10 laptop for downloading some torrent stuff. The next day when I boot my PC a windows firewall setting popped up showing uttorent web app and asking for permission to make the connection secure like saying the wifi in airports,...
  3. Windows Defender Firewall is blocking printing

Windows Defender Firewall is blocking printing: I have a Canon LBP 5050N printer on my LAN at a fixed IP address 192.168.0.10. This is a new PC running Windows 10 Build 19041 i.e. the latest, May edition. Windows Defender Firewall is blocking printing. If I turn WDF off for private networks, printing operates. I've...
  4. Windows Firewall - Domain Networks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Firewall - Domain Networks: In order for Windows Firewall to classify a network as a "domain network" it needs to contact the domain controller, but can anyone advise which ports are required to achieve this? Thanks submitted by /u/L1onH3art_ [link] [comments]...
  5. Defender firewall block

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender firewall block: This opened when I logged in: Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of SchedulerConsole on all public and private networks. Name: SchedulerConsole Publisher: Unknown Path: C:\program files...
  6. Windows defender firewall blocked app

Windows defender firewall blocked app: What does this mean? When I tried opening iTunes on my laptop C:\program files\windowsapps\appleinc.itunes_12096.3.41072.0_x64__nzyj5cx40ttqa\itunes.exe...
  7. Windows Defender firewall prevents home network access

Windows Defender firewall prevents home network access: On my home network between 2 Win 10 pcs the windows firewall will not allow pc2 to access pc1 unless I manually turn off the firewall. It is OK going the other direction. Pc1 automatically turns on the firewall every day causing me to again have to manually turn it off. I...
  8. Windows 10 Firewall Blocks Defender Update

Windows 10 Firewall Blocks Defender Update: Hi, all. I just joined minutes ago. My Windows 10 Firewall blocks my Defender from downloading new definitions (WTF???). It used to work fine. If I turn off Firewall, it updates no problem. I've created as many inbound and outbound rules as I can think of for all of the...
  9. Network Shares blocked by firewall

Network Shares blocked by firewall: Hello, I am currently having issues with Windows firewall on one machine blocking other computers access to its File shares. I believe it is the firewall because if I turn it off on the affected computer, I can access it's shares without issue From any computer in the...
  10. Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features on networks.

Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features on networks.: A Windows box popped up saying: Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of Host Process for Setting Synchronization on all public and private networks. Choose: Allow Access or Cancel. There are two boxes a) private networks and b) public networks. There's a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is windows defender blocking my home network

2. windows firewall blocks home network

3. windows defender block home network

4. windows defende is blocking pc on home network