Windows 10: Windows Defender error spamming my event viewer.

Discus and support Windows Defender error spamming my event viewer. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The last couple days I've gotten this error about 40 times saying, Error while updating Windows Defender status to SECURITY_PRODUCT_STATE_ON (error... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Karizma, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Karizma Win User

Windows Defender error spamming my event viewer.

The last couple days I've gotten this error about 40 times saying,

Error while updating Windows Defender status to SECURITY_PRODUCT_STATE_ON (error BA060000).

Its labeled eventid 16, I've tried updating windows and its say there no updates and I tried updating defender in the program itself and it also says up to date. Whats causing this error and is there anyway to fix it?

:)

Karizma, Nov 24, 2016
  2. SwitchS Win User

Error while updating Windows Defender status to SECURITY_PRODUCT_STATE_ON (error BA060000).

I keep getting this in my event viewer quite a lot in a single day, they seem to pop up whenever I try to update windows with a defender update.

I just copied the last one it tried updating which was Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.233.610.0). I don't know if this is the same update it tries every time and it just can't install it or the error is happening with every
    new update.

Is there anyway to stop this error from being spammed in my event viewer.

SwitchS, Nov 24, 2016
  3. hels Win User
    Failed to schedule Software Protection Service for re-start. Error Code 0x80004005. Event ID 16385

I am having this error spam nonstop in Event Viewer, drowning everything else out.

This error shows up every 30 seconds in Event Viewer:

"Failed to schedule Software Protection service for re-start at <every 30 sec intervals>. Error Code: 0x80004005. The Event ID is 16385

I have literally tried everything, including in Task Scheduler:

changed the 2 tasks to Network Service (they already were)

deleted a 3rd task that was Interactive

In Windows > System32>Tasks > Microsoft>SoftwareProtectionPlatform

1. checked read rights to Network Services (already given)

2. then I tried renaming the 2 tasks to .xml ext (read this on a website as helpful)

3. when that didn't stop errors, deleted the files completely. Checked Task Scheduler and it had recreated the files, even though the folder was empty.

4. Exported the new files created by Task Scheduler to the above folder.

5. moved the entire folder to desktop (with nothing there, Task Scheduler still showed the 2 tasks).

I have restarted SPPsvc in services.msc repeatedly... when it is stopped and restarted in Services, it reads correctly in Event Viewer for 5 Information events, then goes right back to spamming the same error again 30 seconds later, and continues spamming
    it without stopping (the task is set to stop spamming, but it doesn't).

Is there a way to reinstall SPPI or the Tasks? How would I do this?

The entire problem began when I ran chkdsk /r , which 'restored' some files it found, perhaps from my previously virused Win10 64bit install

(Side Note: I got the virus from downloading the Utilities from Gigabytes website, their motherboard Utilities downloads. I originally installed all the motherboard drivers and utilties before Malwarebytes. I don't know if the virus is still downloadable with
    their V-tuner utility from their website. I completely reinstalled Windows 10 again).

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. The spamming of the Security-SPP error in Event Viewer makes it impossible to see any other errors.

Thema:

Windows Defender error spamming my event viewer.

1. Windows Defender error spamming my event viewer. - Similar Threads - Defender error spamming

2. usb-usbhub3 win32k and netwtw12 spamming event viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb-usbhub3 win32k and netwtw12 spamming event viewer: hey yalli got an issue with my new rog flow z13so basically win32k usb-usbhub3 and netwtw12 spam event vieweri tried reinstalling and updating the network driverhere are the screenshots and the event viewer logalso i had the same on my surface so i think that intel just has...
  3. Event viewer spamming Error 537 C:\WINDOWS\system32\SRU\SRUDB.dat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event viewer spamming Error 537 C:\WINDOWS\system32\SRU\SRUDB.dat: My PC seems to be working fine, i don't notice any problem.However entering to the event viewer i noticed is spamming constantly error 537:svchost 3820,D,22 SRUJet: A request for a node on an empty page Pgno: 12770, Flags: 0xa80a has been made error -351 for a B-Tree...
  4. Event viewer spamming Error 537 C:\WINDOWS\system32\SRU\SRUDB.dat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event viewer spamming Error 537 C:\WINDOWS\system32\SRU\SRUDB.dat: My PC seems to be working fine, i don't notice any problem.However entering to the event viewer i noticed is spamming constantly error 537:svchost 3820,D,22 SRUJet: A request for a node on an empty page Pgno: 12770, Flags: 0xa80a has been made error -351 for a B-Tree...
  5. Event viewer spamming Error 537 C:\WINDOWS\system32\SRU\SRUDB.dat

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Extremely Weird EVENT ID 7 Spamming my entire event viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extremely Weird EVENT ID 7 Spamming my entire event viewer: Just as the title says, occasionally, my laptop has blue screened about 3 times about once a month very randomly, but this morning when I woke up, upon booting my laptop, it said there was no disk drive found. I simply just turned it off and on again and it started to boot...
  7. windows defender event viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows defender event viewer: Hi , I have a concern regarding the windows event viewer Microsoft-Windows-Windows Defender/Operational. How to fetch the current signature version alone for the defender event id 2000 . I have written a code below LPWSTR pwsPath = L"Microsoft-Windows-Windows...
  8. Location of Windows Defender events saved in Event Viewer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Location of Windows Defender events saved in Event Viewer: In this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/windows-defender-antivirus/troubleshoot-windows-defender-antivirus. According to the the mentioned link the generated events should be displayed at the following location in the Event Viewer:-...
  9. my event viewer error

in Windows 10 Customization
    my event viewer error: my event viewer only when I click on custom view snap in error(.net runtime error) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-event-viewer-error/d3436769-8135-4536-ab83-889d9f667f8c
  10. Event Viewer error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer error: I have 599 errors of this. I have run SFC /Scannow and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. It didn't find any errors. I have Googled and searched here and can not find a fix. Is this something to worry about? [img] 47494