Windows 10: Windows Defender full scan taking a long time!

Discus and support Windows Defender full scan taking a long time! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We're at 5 1/2 hours and still not finished. 924,000+ items scanned. I had had the trial version of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit on for the first 1 1/2... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Smiley1, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Smiley1 Win User

Windows Defender full scan taking a long time!

We're at 5 1/2 hours and still not finished. 924,000+ items scanned. I had had the trial version of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit on for the first 1 1/2 hours of the Defender scan and I turned it off because I thought that might be slowing things.

This is on a Dell Inspiron Mini netbook. Not a huge hard drive here. The RAM has been upgraded from 1Gb to 2Gb, so I don't think that is the problem.

Is this normal? My ESET smart security takes a lot less time and I'm sure it scans a lot more items.

:)

Smiley1, Apr 30, 2016
  2. Gharv13 Win User

Windows Defender- Full scan taking a long time

Having the same problem with windows 10. My full scan has been running for over 2.5 hours and is only 1/3 done.

Have been running windows 10 for over 3 months. Nothing else is running that I'm using. When I do Quick scans, it takes long also and never finds any problems.

Gharv13, Apr 30, 2016
  3. Windows Defender- Full scan taking a long time

How long does the quick scan take?

Speed of scan depends on many factors including size of your hard drive, number of installed programs and applications and their type and so on.

In some case, you might consider run defragment in your hard drive and then run scan.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Apr 30, 2016
Thema:

Windows Defender full scan taking a long time!

1. Windows Defender full scan taking a long time! - Similar Threads - Defender full scan

2. Since March-2023 update of Windows Defender Quick scan takes long time!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since March-2023 update of Windows Defender Quick scan takes long time!: Since March-2023 update of Windows Defender Platform: 4.18.2303.8 Engine: 1.1.20200.4 Security intelligence update version: 1.387.740.0 Quick scan takes every third time 25 minutes instead of 5 minutes. Windows Defender is configured on my Windows Server 2019 to make one...
  3. Since March-2023 update of Windows Defender Quick scan takes long time!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since March-2023 update of Windows Defender Quick scan takes long time!: Since March-2023 update of Windows Defender Platform: 4.18.2303.8 Engine: 1.1.20200.4 Security intelligence update version: 1.387.740.0 Quick scan takes every third time 25 minutes instead of 5 minutes. Windows Defender is configured on my Windows Server 2019 to make one...
  4. Since March-2023 update of Windows Defender Quick scan takes long time!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Defender Taking A Long Time

Windows Defender Taking A Long Time: So I ran a Windows Defender scan, and i found a threat, Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.B specifically, so i clicked remove threat. Its currently 2:26 PM, I started at 8:30 AM, i ran windows update and there were some required updates. Should i restart my computer and run the updates,...
  6. Windows Defender - Full scan - Take action on threats

Windows Defender - Full scan - Take action on threats: After running a full scan, some threats were reported. "Taking action" has now been in progress for several hours. Is this normal? How long can it take? what happens if I terminate it by closing the window?...
  7. Windows Defender Full Scan takes 35 Hours

Windows Defender Full Scan takes 35 Hours: Hello, recently I have undated Windows Version(1903) and runed a full scan on Windows Defender. It writes, that 35 Hours is needed to complete a scan. Is this normal ? (No other antivirus Software is installed on PC). Earlier such a scan needed max 2 hours. Thanks for...
  8. Defenders Full Scan

Defenders Full Scan: I decided to do a full scan of my computer to see if everything was alright and it's been hours since then. It's still continuing to scan my files and the time remaining went down at first but now it's increasing instead of decreasing. I don't know why and I'm wondering if I...
  9. Defender: no Full Scan

Defender: no Full Scan: Windows Defender tells me no action is needed. But when I use "Run a new advanced scan" nothing happens. No dialog to choose option for Full Scan. Terry, East Grinstead, UK Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.167)...
  10. Windows Defender takes longer time to scan

Windows Defender takes longer time to scan: Hello! after the upgrade of windows 10, I tried to run a full scan, but it took 6 hours and it hasn't trepasses the 50% of the scan progress. in addition, I can't see what is being scanned like in the older version of Windows Defender; 90456

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is it taking so long to do a full wundows defender scan

2. windows defender antivirus taking long time for quick scan

3. defender full scan long

4. quick scan taking a long time,
  5. window 10 defender full scan taking too long,
  6. full scan taking long time,
  7. can no longer comple scan windows defender,
  8. how long does windows defender full scan last,
  9. windows defender full scan is taking too long,
  10. how long does a full scan with windows defender take,
  11. windows defender long time,
  12. why is windows defender taking so long to scan,
  13. how long will a first time scan with windows defender take,
  14. quick scan taking long time,
  15. how long for a w10 defender full scan?