Windows 10: Windows Defender has improved its performance in latest antivirus tests

Discus and support Windows Defender has improved its performance in latest antivirus tests in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows Defender is getting better with every single update and according to the most recent antivirus test, the Microsoft has once again managed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 27, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows Defender has improved its performance in latest antivirus tests

Windows Defender is getting better with every single update and according to the most recent antivirus test, the Microsoft has once again managed to improve the performance of Windows 10’s built-in antivirus. Microsoft has published a blog post to praise the capabilities of Windows Defender, and the company has also used this occasion to explain how it can protect user data in the OS by default.

It goes with saying that the feature and cumulative updates have improved Windows Defender and its capabilities significantly in the past few years. According to the latest results obtained from January-February 2018 AV-TEST research. Windows Defender also got a perfect score in Protection tests.

Microsoft has improved Windows Defender in almost all areas, with the default antivirus solution getting a score of 5.5 points out of a maximum of 6 in performance tests.

“Windows Defender AV improved this cycle, achieving a 5.5/6.0 Performance score and outperforming the industry in almost all areas. These results reflect the investments we put in optimizing Windows Defender AV performance for high-frequency actions (e.g., application run),” says Zaid Arafeh, Senior Program Manager, Windows Defender Research team.

Windows Defender has been updated to protect users from all attacks. “Windows Defender ATP’s antivirus capability achieved a perfect overall Protection score in the January-February 2018 tests,” the company explains. The security feature arsenal is bundled into the operating system to protect users from all attacks.

The latest Windows 10 April 2018 Update has improved Windows Defender with updated antivirus engine that can block and protect users running the operating system.

Microsoft’s next big update, Windows 10 Redstone 5 is expected to rename Windows Defender Security Center to Windows Security. The rebrand would make sense for the security approach that Microsoft embraces for Windows 10. The new Windows Security is available for the beta testers, and it’s likely that it’ll be released to the production systems across the world in October.

The post Windows Defender has improved its performance in latest antivirus tests appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 27, 2018

2. Performance Test Windows 10

Hi Jack,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Method 1:

Step 1: Perform System Maintenance troubleshooter.

I would suggest you to perform System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer and check if it fixes the issue.

Please follow the steps to perform System maintenance check to improve performance of the computer:

• Press Windows and x key together and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all on the left side panel.
    • Click on System Maintenance and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Also refer to the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-8/improve-pc-performance

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, May 29, 2018
  3. Performance Test Windows 10

That is not the performance program that was in windows 7 or 8

answer Mike, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender has improved its performance in latest antivirus tests

1. Windows Defender has improved its performance in latest antivirus tests - Similar Threads - Defender has improved

2. My microsoft defender antivirus shows its was snoozed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microsoft defender antivirus shows its was snoozed: As you can see, As you can see , my microsoft defender antivirus shows its was snoozed and Whenever I open my windows security it says, 'your IT administartor has limited access over some apps '.On top of that, I am sure i dont have any antivirus program running on my laptop...
  3. trying to improve performance-

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    trying to improve performance-: my computer is running too slowly. when i searched help, i was told to chesk fo the latest updates when i clicked on that I got an error message sayin the server terminated because it enclountereed a "client request loop". Now I cant get past that step in the tips to...
  4. Windows defender has no antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender has no antivirus: Yeah so basically I went to disable my real time protection so i could download something, and i noticed that I had no real time protection. Matter of fact I have no antivirus at all with windows defender. I don't really know what to do, I have restarted my pc, updated...
  5. Improve performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Improve performance: Very slow pc. How do I improve performance? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/improve-performance/870b638c-8473-4024-b0c2-297850f670c4
  6. latest 'improvements'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    latest 'improvements': I switched my desktop off overnight. Clearly updates happened. This morning I turn it on, select an excel file to open to be presented with a pop-up telling me the free trial of WinRar has expired. What the heck? good thing I have enough nouse to select 'open with' huh....
  7. Microsoft’s Windows 10 Defender performance remains good in latest AV-Test report

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Windows 10 Defender performance remains good in latest AV-Test report: According to a recent test conducted by AV-TEST, Microsoft’s Windows Defender performance has got better in the latest Windows 10 updates. The recent research report suggests Windows Defender might soon become the top performer among antiviruses if the same growth is...
  8. Improve performance on netbook

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Improve performance on netbook: I have Windows 10 insider 14385 64-bit on a 6 year old netbook with Atom N455 and want to know if there is more room for improving performance. Currently it performs quite good, battery is good too, even faster than Win 7 in some circumstances, but there is some lag opening...
  9. Performance Improvement Needed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance Improvement Needed: New Windows 10 user cannot figure out how to run performance improvements functions (defrag, remove temp files, remove cookies, etc.). Please help. Thank you 77564
  10. Windows Defender improves in new antivirus test

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender improves in new antivirus test: Microsoft has conceded in the past that its anti-malware offerings only provide baseline protection. For Windows 7 and Vista, there’s Microsoft Security Essentials, while Windows 8 and Windows 10 come with the nearly identical Windows Defender. While more advanced users...