Windows 10: windows defender health report and temporary internet files location

Discus and support windows defender health report and temporary internet files location in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; so as the title says, i got this message, now before i do the recommended action, which is resetting the location, i would like to know how it changed,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by measkingyou, Aug 10, 2018.

1. windows defender health report and temporary internet files location

so as the title says, i got this message, now before i do the recommended action, which is resetting the location, i would like to know how it changed, by which program, and where it was and where is it now (the location of temp files).

and what is the difference when changing that location.

thanks

:)

measkingyou, Aug 10, 2018
  2. 42gration Win User

How to view temporary internet files in Windows 10

Follow the steps below for locating temporary files:

- Open either Microsoft Internet Explorer or the Windows Control Panel.

- In Microsoft Internet Explorer, open the Tools menu and choose the Internet Options.

- In the Temporary Internet Files section of the Internet Properties window, click the "Settings..." button. A new "Settings" window appears.

- In the "Settings" window, click the "View Files." This will launch a list of all websites you’ve visited, also known as your Temporary Internet Files or Browser Cache.

42gration, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Health Report is Not Available

Unfortunately, none of these steps helped. Windows Defender starts just fine. It is just the Health Report that is not available. Interestingly, when I first upgraded to Creators Update, the Health Report was unavailable. The next day, it appeared
    and I thought all was well. However, it has returned to the status of "not available."

Da Hokester, Aug 10, 2018
  4. windows defender health report and temporary internet files location

How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi,

As you are saying that you are not able to delete the temporary internet files and temporary Files in Windows 10.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1.Have you installed any third party applications to clean up temporary Files?

2.In the Disk Cleanup had you checked the Temporary Internet files and Temporary files before doing disk cleanup?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and try deleting the temporary internet files.

• Open Internet Explorer by typing Internet Explorer in Search Bar. Click the
      Tools
      button, and then click Internet Options.
    • Click the General tab, and then, under Browsing history, click
      Delete.
    • In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, select the check boxes for the information you want to delete, click
      Delete, and then click OK.
    I also suggest you refer the Microsoft article on View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge
    and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Let us know if the issue with the deletion of temporary files is resolved we will be glad to assist you further.

Anup Karkal, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

windows defender health report and temporary internet files location

1. windows defender health report and temporary internet files location - Similar Threads - defender health report

2. Windows 10 Could not locate temporary files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Could not locate temporary files.: Hi, I need some help clearing storages spaces in D Drive. However, whenever I got to the storage setting, there was no option to delete temporary files. Screenshot 1 & 2. 1. 2. I did try to delete it from the D Drive Folders. It also says 0 GB of temporary files Screenshot 3....
  3. Defender reports numerous QNAP qsync temporary files as infected by WacAtac.B!ml. But...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender reports numerous QNAP qsync temporary files as infected by WacAtac.B!ml. But...: Hi, I use QNAP qsync to sync files on my PC with a private cloud, so far this worked perfectly but since a few days I experience the following: Defender Icon is on « Actions needed » Performed quickscan. Defender reports numerous QNAP qsync temporary files e.g....
  4. Temporary Internet Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temporary Internet Files: Disk cleanup says that I have currently 104MB of diskspace used by Temporary Internet Files when I 1st noticed it some Win 10 versions ago files took 64.5MB and even running Disk Cleanup it still says that 104MB is used by TIFs, ccleaner doesn't clear it either and View Files...
  5. Unable to set location of temporary internet files to correct default

Unable to set location of temporary internet files to correct default: I have been getting error messages on my newly installed Win10 64 bit machine regarding the location of temporary files, on one of my logins. If I go to Internet Options -> General -> Browsing history -> Settings, the location of temporary internet files is reported as:...
  6. Temporary Internet Files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temporary Internet Files: I routinely do a 'Disk Clean Up' for my C: This time, I see that the Temporary Internet Files is at 16.4 GB disk space. If I click on view files, the Temporary Internet Files folder is empty. But in the Disk Cleanup utility, the space has increased from 15.7 GB to 16.4 GB in...
  7. Can't locate Temporary files

Can't locate Temporary files: Hi, I am using Windows 10, I usually delete files from temporary file folder by typing *Temp* whenever the computer speed slows down, now when I type *Temp* to access the folder it doesn't show. Kindly help me on this matter. Regards, John Rodrigues...
  8. Temporary Internet files current location is BLANK after boot...

Temporary Internet files current location is BLANK after boot...: Every time my PC boots, my Temporary Internet files current location is BLANK and disk space to use is 0... which causes all kinds of issues... so what I do, is log off, and log right back on and bingo... all good here is picture just after a reboot [ATTACH] and after...
  9. Internet Options Temporary File location blank, Disk Space 0

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Options Temporary File location blank, Disk Space 0: Since upgrading to windows 10 from 7 a few months ago I have been unable to use edge or cortana. Edge will sometimes load a website but VERY slowly - about 10 mins. Chrome works fine. All other aspects of the upgrade work fine. The only strange thing I have noticed is that...
  10. Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files.

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files.: CCleaner always detects 1-2GB files to be cleaned from IE. I don't use IE, Edge occasionally so what are these files? Are they possibly Windows update files? 89384

Users found this page by searching for:

1. temporary internet files location has changed

2. temporary internet files location changed

3. Temporary Internet files location has changedTemporary Internet files location has changed Detected

4. defender temporary internet files location has changed,
  5. windows defender reset temporary internet files location to default,
  6. windows defender reset temporary internet files